Archived The Adventures of Leroy McMillan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big-Bear-W, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

College Football Faithfull were more than a little shocked when Leroy McMillan burst onto the scene. Hailing from La MArque Texas, Leroy was not a standout in a very talented pool of high school players. He didn't have the height [5'10"] of many other prized recruits, but he did have determination. Leroy blossomed in his senior year and soon began to rise amongst the ranks of the nation's top receiving prospects.

[​IMG]

The craze over McMillan reached its peak when many respected recruiting services ranked Leroy as the nation's top prospect. Yes, top prospect...

But this was only the beginning, more surprises were in store. [to be continued]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Where would the nation's top receiving prospect play college football?

Everyone was dying to know... all the usual top programs would have been happy to have him, remarkably, no program made a very strong push get him [or they simply aren't willing to admit that they tried but lost out]. The real story hear is that from day one of his recruiting process, Leroy had designs of where he wanted to play.

The answer may surprise you.

Leroy McMillan is a Warhawk. The University of Louisiana Monroe has landed one of their most heralded recruits of all time. Leroy immediately becomes one of the Warhawks' most talented players. He will stay at his natural position - Wide Receiver.

"People may be shocked but it doesn't bother me. I was impressed with the program and the coaches. I like the feel of a smaller program. This is not about being a big fish in a small pond, and I am not afraid of the challenge of cracking a roster at one of the powerhouse schools. I love to play, simple as that, I don't need hype and accolades and frankly I will be happy with a certain level of anonimity."

Many speculated that Leroy was perhaps facing difficulty with the academic requirements of some of the bigger schools. Nothing could be further from the truth, Leroy is a straight 'A' student.

With a great balance of speed and size, McMillan will be a matchup challenge for opposing teams. We will be watching his career with interest.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

LIKE LIKE LIKE

+ Rep

This will be a great read and follow

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Soooooo..... I wonder if Nick would like this :)

Yeah, this would be pretty neat to follow.