The After Midnight Heisman Coaches Show 2013 (S1)

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]
    Welcome back to The Show! AMHCS is your all season collection of coach speak, designed around your team. Updates, tweet worthy quotes, banter, rants, predictions and rhetoric are all encouraged!

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Rumors out of Athens are that the Bulldogs are going to be adding a lot of spread option and passing concepts to their offense this season. In preparation, Coach Dru has subjected QB Aaron Murray to a heavy dose of kick return drills with no blocking to toughen him up a bit.

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Coach Hennessy said Mizzou will be changing up the offense a bit this season. The team ran the shotgun no huddle spread last year and while many of those concepts remain to a certain degree, the new coach wants a more balanced attack with a variety of pro sets to compliment the spread. The no huddle will not be a staple of the offense, but don't be surprised if the Tigers up the tempo as a surprise maneuver here or there for a series or two in any given contest.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Coach Mike F'NG Leach is contemplating several offensive strategies, should he stick with the power running game, or air it out????

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jayrah

The post game press conference for Texas A&M was not a fun place to be. Coach Sumlin has stated he's holding everybody accountable for this loss. "The only guy to show up was our backup freshman qb. Even our coaches lost their cool today and we'll be talking. I am not happy, SMU is not that good and we'll never play like this again, I guarantee that. We're practicing starting tomorrow and we'll go through the entire week. We were boo'd in the 3rd flippin' quarter by the 12th MAN! We let down our very own today." When asked if he knew about the starting qb job for next week, he didn't reply. After a moment of silence he said, "We're all going to practice tomorrow and we have serious work to do, that's what I know."

Starting qb Showers didn't have much to say. He ignored 3 questions before finally commenting "ya know, we are embarrassed. I am embarrassed. Hope Coach gives me a second chance."

• Like Like x 1
  6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Alright, let's take our next caller, looks like we got Cocksman on the line....

[​IMG]

"Hey Joe, ya this is Cocksman and I tell you what man if Boyd doesn't figure something out on offense we're a gonna be in a heap a trouble. He'd about to KEEL Lattimore today just runnin that boy ragged. Vanderbilt is one thang but Florida and Bama and them big hosses they got in the middle aint gonna stand for that types of crap. Coach Boyd, git it figured out or git on down the road"

• Like Like x 4
  7. Wyrmreaver

OMG DirtycashDylan I just about pissed myself laughing at that image and text combo.....

8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

That may not be the last time we see ol' Cocksman.

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Coach Cheez finds himself in the midst of ruining another great QB. After completing his first four passes, Bray would throw four picks over his last seven throws including two in the red zone. Last year, it was Andrew Luck who was so bad that he actually came back for his senior season because his draft stock had dropped so low. It's going to be extremely difficult to get QBs to come to Tennessee with Cheez's track record continuing.

10. gowazzucougs

Especially considering if you are a run heavy guy, the great throwing QBs will not be interested.

11. gowazzucougs

Coach Mike F'NG Leach on the TSU game:

Well McCarron just was having a off day, and Ely was able guide us without making too many mistakes. It was Lacey played like a beast against TSU. Gaining 211 yards was quite impressive, and it was nice seeing the great Bama defense play. They need to show up for four quarters against Arkansas next week.

12. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I heart Mike F'ing Leach.

• Like Like x 1
  13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Dislike button!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jayrah

After a dismal offensive performance at FSU, the Aggies finally showed up at home against West Virginia. The win was crucial, with Boom and WhyGod coming up on the road in back to back weeks. The defense FINALLY came to play and created 6 turnovers.

15. Jayrah

Re-like button!!!!!!

16. Cheez

"Don't make me push your buttons" button

17. Dru50

Coach Dru after the worst offensive performance in his career, a 21-3 home loss to Arkansas - "we couldn't run, we couldn't throw, we couldn't catch or block. But at least we didn't turn over the ball....nope, we got that base covered too. Well, at least it can't much worse."

Im thinking my choice of running the spread may haunt me since my WR corp apparently can't get open against man coverage. The 3-4 is also not looking good early since even when bringing extra rushers I'm not getting any pressure on the QB.

18. Wyrmreaver

Im finding that unless I bring 5+ rushers the opposing QB has all damn day? Oh, and my line occasionally just ignores the DE on 4 man rushes, so......

19. Wyrmreaver

Right, so it's 4 and a half minutes left in the 3rd quarter against this stoopid FCS team and I am up 63-7. I obviously have my 2nd team offense and defense in. I am just going to run the ball with chew clock on and hopefully not break the scoring cap

20. Wyrmreaver

I'm less than hopefull though, given that my backup HB just went 53 yards up the gut for the score that made it 63-7

21. Dru50

Apparently I should have scheduled myself an FCS team so I could feel good about myself on offense again. I'm not optimistic about following up my debacle against Arkansas with another user game against Boom29.

22. Cheez

I had something similar to that happen against Colorado. Not only did i have 63 points in the game, but I had 4 HBs with over 100 yards and I had gotten all of my non-redshirt freshman a carry. Ended up winning 70-0 iirc.

23. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

After playing 2 scrub teams, LSU finally plays a top tier team in #11 Oregon. The Ducks are coming off a shocking loss to Fresno St 34-31. This probably couldn't come at a wrose time for Coach Mexi, as Chip Kelly should have his guys asses lit on fire after that shocker.

24. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

But now the game is being put on hold, as tree huggers seem to be making a protest at the stadium, saying that the Ducks are using too many colors for their 82 jerseys, which is hurting the trees or some bullshit like that.

• Like Like x 2
  25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Go Hippies!!!