The After Midnight Heisman Coaches Show 2013 (S2)

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  2. Jayrah

Holy Death Row! Luckily 4 of my biggest user games at home!

#5 FSU
    @#2 Texas
    Rice
    #6 LSU
    #1 Arkansas
    @TCU
    @Bama
    #13 Miami
    MSU
    Ole Miss
    @#19 Auburn
    @Mizzou

3. Jayrah

Not trying to call anyone out here, just wondering what the stance is on this. When I was playing Kapono today, he had some missed opportunities at some wide open receivers where I think he took them over and they didn't respond to him going for a user catch. That is neither here nor there, but with these misses he must have felt he had exploited the matchup and wished he had another shot. Therefore he no-huddled on incomplete passes on at least 3 separate occasions to exploit those matchups and not allow me to change defenses if I wanted.

Again, not calling him out and I don't think he actually was able to get what he wanted on the next plays so it wasn't like he scored or anything by taking advantage. HOWEVER, I he didn't run the no-huddle outside of the 2 minute offense in the first half, so it's sketch at best. Before it becomes an issue I just wanted to address it as a question mark. If everyone agrees that's an ok move I have no problems but I know we had that in the original rules as something that we shouldn't do.

Sorry Kapono if this is offensive. You ran a clean game and I understood why you wanted the match-ups to stay the same, just pointing it out cause it's in our rules. :)

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

You are correct Jayrah. Users should NEVER run no-huddle off an incompletion or a play that goes out of bounds. If it happens by accident, the user MUST give the opponent time to audible or the user should call a timeout to allow his opponent to change personnel.

5. Jayrah

Yeah he gave me time but you know... It happened 1 time to me last year against Recchem where I ran no huddle after an incompletion but it was an accident. 3 times same game after identical plays with missed big plays is no accident though.

My view on out of bounds is different because the clock restarts after the ball is set. I don't run it, but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

6. Dru50

That may be true, I don't know the college rule for it. I know in the NFL the rule is different.

7. Jayrah

It's definitely true. Play clock starts immediately and game clock starts again when ball is set. Only difference is in the final 2 minutes (not sure in first half or not), the clock stops until the next snap on oob plays.

8. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

The clock runs when you go out unless its the last 2 minutes in the half/game

I would bet that kapono was mashing the Y button for the user catch and held it a little long in frustration, thereby triggering no huddle, its happened to me before, especially this year where the button doesn't work half the time in user games

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Just to clear that up, I wasn't running no-huddle intentionally. I didn't do it all game except for those incompletions. The real reason is I was jamming Y to catch and it would call a no-huddle. Nothing intentional but yeah I know no-huddle on incompletions isn't supposed to happen.

10. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

It is pretty sensitive when you jam the Y button that it will call no huddle. In this case, though, you should just run another play.

Kapono Have you been having problems with the Y button not responding when taking over control of the WR. Countless times this has happened to me where my receiver doesn't even make an attempt to catch the ball when I user him.

11. Jayrah

Ok that's what I thought the first couple times. Like I said nothing personal. Just wondering :). It had no effect on the game whatsoever

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah usually once or twice a game. I guess letting the CPU do it would be OK for now but I'd like to get the hang of it. I think I just need to get the hang of it a little more.

13. Jayrah

Yeah taking over is not as good as it used to be. They fiddled with it so that when you take them over, they respond slower. The reason was to help the user stay on course better, but the effect it's having is not allowing the user to catch it.

14. Dru50

Georgia coaches were happy with what they saw in game 2 of the season (as game 1 was a sim). It was nice seeing HB Keith Marshall return to action after missing the final 7+ games of last season, but he is still injury prone and missed time in the game vs Indiana. At least this year the team has true freshman HB Titus Graham as Marshall's backup. Graham is nearly as fast as Marshall and isn't too significant a drop off. The coaching staff has looked for ways to get both backs on the field this year to take advantage of their speed. The WR group has more athleticism, but the question mark appears to be the move of junior Michael Bennett from the slot to the outside this year. Bennett is the slowest (and whitest) of the teams top 5 WR's, but he runs great routes (98 route running) and has good hands, so we are hoping he can make some catches in traffic when needed.

The defense in the 4-3 wasn't seen much against Indiana, due to the Hoosiers 4 wide no huddle offense, but the DL got pressure at times and DE Jarvis Jones looked like he could be tough off the edge. The freshmen on defense made some plays, as FS Zach Hayden was the teams leading tackler with 5, CB Evan Brooks had 4 tackles and an INT, DT Ryan Espinosa had 2 sacks and OLB Cedric Freeman had 2 tackles and a sack. The defense is going to take their lumps this year due to their inexperience and the change in defensive philosophy, but we're hoping that by seasons end it will be more effective than the 3-4 was against spread teams last year.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Rumors swirling in Auburn over the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators over their job security in the coming year. "The Enchillada playbook just isnt working as well as I had hoped." said coach Deuel after another beat down at the hands of Florida and Arkansas in the past 3 weeks. "If im still around here next season as the head coach, look for some changes in our philosophy, big changes." Coach left it as that. The gauntlet for Auburn continues with the next 4 games on the road...At Missouri, at Mississippi, at LSU and at Georgia. Sitting at 3-3, the Tigers will be lucky to come out of this stretch still at .500!!!

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Will Auburn make a bowl? Alabama's coach Mike F'NG Leach does not believe Auburn is favored to win three of those four games.

17. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I would gladly take Auburn's 3-3 record. As it stands, the Hurricanes are 1-4 and have their most important game of tr season coming up against the Florida State Seminoles.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I gotta win 2 out of 5 user games and a cpu game. Not gonna be an easy task especially with the road games I have coming up!

19. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I really don't like your chances against Mizzou and Georgia. You should be able to beat Ole Miss, then it comes down getting 2 of 3 against TAMU, LSU, and ALABAMA. That loss to MSU is going to kill you because you need to find an extra win somewhere.

20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

If it doesn't work out, you and I can meet in the Toilet Bowl.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im on the fast track there my friend!

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im calling Heisman Shenanigans in the MSU game! Seems to be what everyone else is doing :D

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jayrah

At 3-4 TAMU is still looking good for a bowl after missing one last season. Need to win any 3 games between MSU, Ole Miss, Miami, Auburn or Mizzou.

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

F'ing slot receivers!!! I hate this game so much right now.

25. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

he only had 3 catches all game..... Two of them were just unbelievably huge, that last diving catch was basically the ballgame