The B1G-East Showdown

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Sep 19, 2013.

?

Who will win the B1G-East division in 2015?

1. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maryland

66.7%
  3. Michigan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Michigan State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Penn State

11.1%
  6. Rutgers

22.2%
  1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The Experience

As we all know, Michigan has won the East every season so far. But this season Michigan has an early conference loss and a lot of people are picking against them in the user pick 'em. The East is riddled with land mines as there isn't an easy game to be found. So far East is a whopping SIX games over .500 (9-3) when compared to the West (3-9) and that even includes a West favorite losing to an East CPU team. With so many tough teams, could this be the year that Goliath finally falls? Let's take a look at the other contenders.

Indiana (1-0):
    • They have the best winning percentage in the league (even better than Illinois).
    • I believe they've split their 2 games with Michigan.
    • They're talent is still subpar. They're O is up to an A-, but they seem to still be weak on D with only a B.
    • They can struggle against Maryland and Rutgers.

Maryland (2-0):
    • Their ground attack can seem unstoppable at times.
    • Their D has been extremely opportunistic against users and probably has forced more INTs vs. users than anyone else's.
    • Their O is still good, but I'm pretty sure as a team they're less talented than last year.
    • They should have the most motivation to win. Their recruiting classes, while plentiful, have been severely lacking in talent so their teams are just going to be getting worse and worse. If they don't win NOW, they might not get another shot.

Michigan (1-1):
    • Still the overwhelming behemoth of the league in terms of talent.
    • They've won more games than anyone else in their division (and no, playing extra games with their CCG appearances hasn't inflated this number).
    • They play very solid D, but throughout the OD their O seems to lack in production every season. Is this because they just eat up clock, or is their O just ineffective?
    • They have a tougher than normal cross-division schedule by having Illinois early which has already put them 1 game behind.
    • Just like everyone else left, if they can win out, their early loss won't matter.

MSU (0-1):
    • They've struggled the most in user games so far out of anyone.
    • Their team is still very talented with at least A-s across the board.
    • Tough cross-division schedule with an early loss to Illinois (whom they hosted 2 years in a row).

PSU (1-1):
    • Slightly below average user team talent with B+s across the board.
    • Still sitting below .500 in user games which, in a murderous division, could spell their downfall.
    • Went 5-3 against users last season, but that's proven to not be good enough as so far a division champ has never lost more than 2 user games (prior to the CCG).

Rutgers (2-0):
    • Has the worst team in the East (yes, even worse than Indiana).
    • Can play great D at times to shut down opponents.
    • Hasn't had a winning user game record in a season thus far.
    • Has a nice start at 2-0, but still has to face murderers row.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

No thread for the West as we know who will win that :rolleyes:

3. jello1717

If you do me a solid tonight against Bucky, it'll make things easier for me. (y) It certainly doesn't clinch anything as blLL flo is still very much in the race and I could still lose to anyone in the division, but with all of the West losses so early in the season, it definitely helps. I didn't know until I looked just now, but 2 of my 4 main contenders (UofC and Abolish) already have 2 losses. With an Indiana win, that'll be 3 of the 4, leaving only Bill within 1 game.

upload_2013-9-19_9-13-22.png

4. Hova

I think I will lose on purpose

• Like Like x 2
  5. jello1717

And I see 2 votes already for Rutgers, but no explanations. What's your thinking behind that UofCWildcat and Hova ?

I went with Maryland as I think that their offense is just too good (hopefully Brown is finally a SR) to be contained for an entire game. I also think that their D, for some reason I don't fully understand, simply forces too many INTs. I think there'll be a lot of games where Maryland's O keeps the pressure on the opposing coach and then that coach will abandon their ground game and air it out and then Maryland's ball hawks will come out of the woodwork and put the game way.

6. Hova

Defense. He is the only user I can not move the ball against well. Until I figure it out he will always have a solid chance to beat me. Wes Brown is annoying as shit however, nothing stops him. You just hope Maryland throws a pick to blow it or something.

7. jello1717

And I forgot to add that since Maryland is the only East team to have beaten me so far (and they didn't even have the common courtesy to use lube as they destroyed me 41-14 and knocked my QB out for the season in week 5) I sure as HELL hope that they don't win the East.

8. Hova

I'll take ANYTHING over Michigan losing to you for the 50000 time

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Defense. For sure a good choice cause Edge plays very well against everyone even with the talent disparity.

10. jello1717

5 votes so far.

0 votes for Michigan.

No more faith in Goliath it would seem.

11. Hova

Penn St got a vote :ROFLMAO:

12. jello1717

I wonder who could've voted for them...........

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Last year when I beat Maryland it was by forcing 3 FG, while only allowing 1 TD. By being able to run Brown effectively BG will take the opportunity to take shots down-field. Last season I was able to INT one or two of those shots and held on for a bruising 17-16 victory.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Rutgers though to win the East... smh

Last year PSU was leading 21-0 before Edge even had a chance to sit down. On top of that, I think I punted three or four times on his side of the field (before I knew about the 4th and inches rule). Not sure what defense difficulty you experience Hova. Unless it's his ability to stop all your pistol cheese run

15. Hova

He just knows how to play defense, I struggle passing on him more than anything because he usually has the box filled up and I still have no success. Hard to find weaknesses unlike your shitty defense.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

It was nice watching the B1G CCG on the couch next to you :blackeye:

17. Hova

I feel I could beat Jello atleast 1 out of 3 times but I honestly have less confidence in winning the East. Too many good players I have to beat in one season, while not choking to bums like PSU. We may be screwed with Jello winning the next 7 B1G titles.

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

NT has a super star team that has come up short. I think Wisco will likely reign supreme talent wise shortly as they are the only team to have an average better recruiting grade through the first 2 years. I started with one of the worst defenses (talent wise) and am now relying on a lot of frosh to carry the load. We're only going to get better with two great recruiting classes thus far, poised for huge splash in year three in addition. That is all if I can avoid getting fired again. It looks like IBO is destined to be canned, he has the lowest job security of anyone in Div 1.

19. Hova

Wisco is on the other side and nobody can beat Jello enough to keep him out of Indianapolis.

20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Orange shorty keeps eluding the PSU schedule :shifty:

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Last release, I was pretty good vs Jello. I know how to beat him (or at least have a plan for this season) to stop/more like contain his O.

22. Hova

I will never believe it until you get that W lol then I will be your biggest fan

23. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Like Jello said... this HAS to be my year. I lose alot after this season, last seasons team was probably my most talented.. i had some beast LBs and i had a Beast WR. Im going with my Terps, hopefully ive survived my near losses and stinkers. I always have a couple stinkers where my offense has no rhythm, my D usually comes up with some nice plays.

I agree about my HB brown. Dude breaks crazy amounts of tackles and he has nice speed. he is the best HB ive had on this game.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'll probably never pick you for anything for a while since you stole the WR by 1000 points. I literally was so close to putting 6000 but settled with 4000 and got no one.

25. jello1717

You've mentioned this a few times. While you did improve upon your horrendous run @ Arizona (and it would've been almost impossible to not improve) you still only beat me 3 times last release.

upload_2013-9-19_11-23-24.png