The Baseline Roundup

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Blaza, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Apr 17, 2009
    Welcome to the first edition of the Baseline Roundup.​
    Brought to you in part by:​
    Although we are very early in this final OA restart, lets take a look at who's doing well and who will be running with the bullseye on their backs! As the season goes on, I will add CPU teams to this mix.​
    1. [​IMG] Thunder (4-1)​
    Once again, Mike E has led OKC to a quick start. Powered by Kevin Durant's 27 ppg, it looks like Mike has finally figured out how to score with his All-NBA SF. With Mike's main man, Russell Westbrook not far behind with 24.8 ppg, this could spell trouble for the rest of the Baseline.​
    2. [​IMG] Trailblazers (6-1)​
    We stay out West to talk about bringbackjimmy's 6-1 Portland Trailblazers. Jimmy had a difficult time joining the OA during the holidays, but Rip City fans have been treated to the good favor of the CPU Gods as Portland has gone 6-1 in simmed games. I've played Jimmy and know he has the talent on the court to keep this momentum going. The Blazers have been putting up some of the most balanced scoring in the Baseline with J. Crawford, W. Matthews, L. Aldridge, R. Felton, and G. Wallace ALL averaging in double figures. Can Jimmy keep Rip City flying high?​
    3. [​IMG] Knicks (2-2)​
    We move out East to discuss my New York Knicks. The Knicks had been able to start off in style in the first couple of restarts, starting undefeated and with a nice win over Dru's Knicks. Picked as one of the favorites by some, it hasn't been quite as rosey in the first few games as we dropped our opener to Minnesota, then suffered a sim loss to @Pagamer07's. However, we still feel good about our team overall, especially scoring the basketball. Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks to a tough victory over BDSDIGITAL's Celtics and is leading the ballclub with 24.5 ppg. Big STAT is not far behind averaging 21 with 7 boards. Tyson Chandler is chipping in defensively with a healthy 2.0 BLKS/game which has him tied up for the NBA lead in that category.​
    4. [​IMG] Magic (3-3)​
    Sitting at only 3 and 3, Bond has suffered a few losses that he may feel he shouldve won, but he also has huge victories over the defending Champion Mavs, Hawks, and Bobcats who have been disturbingly pesky in this early season. Big Dwight is doing exactly what he's expected to do and that is go straight beastmode, sitting at 27.0 PPG and 10.0 RPG. Bond will like to see Dwight step up a little more defensively as his 1.0 BLK/gm is too low for a defensive monster of his caliber. Look for Bond to build off the Mav victory and keep pushing his way through the season.​
    5. [​IMG] Celtics (3-4)​
    Still in the East, BDSDIGITAL lost a shocker to the Bobcats and has been victim of a few sim/discos, but make no mistake, he has the talent on the floor to compete with anyone in the OA. I saw this first hand as Paulie Pierce went OFF for 43 points in a tough loss to my Knicks. Pierce is leading the way for Boston scoring 27 a game (way to go Knicks for helping out there). Jesus Shuttlesworth is chipping in with 16 PPG and KG is still doing his thing, scoring 14 PPG and pulling down 9 RPG. Rondo is facilitating with 8.7 PPG to go along with an impressive 8.5 APG.​
    League Leaders*​
    *- Minimum # of 4 games played​
    LeBron James​
    31.0 PPG​
    Paul Pierce​
    27.1 PPG​
    27.0 PPG​
    John Wall​
    10.7 APG​
    Kyrie Irving​
    9.6 APG​
    Rajon Rondo​
    8.4 APG​
    David Lee​
    11.8 RPG​
    Dwight Howard​
    10.0 RPG​
    Kevin Garnett​
    9.4 RPG​
    Bonus Stats:​
    • Rondo has been a straightup thief, swiping 3.3 steals/game to lead the NBA.
    • Kyrie Irving has done well averaging nearly 10 assists/game, but he also leads the NBA in turnovers with 4.3/game. The young PG clearly has great vision on the floor but will need to reign in the TOs in order to help the Cavs bounce back from their 3 game skid
    • Dwight Howard is Mr. Efficient on the offensive end, leading all users with a 68% FG percentage
    • John Wall is quietly lighting up the box score for ryalaman...for a man who leads the league in assists and averages a very nice 20 PPG as well, John Wall has not missed a Free Throw ALL SEASON. Impressive.
    Mike E
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Dec 30, 2009
    don't worry, fellas. I'll have the thunder at a 7 seed before it is all said and done...
  3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Mar 17, 2011
    Good write up .... Little East coast bias but still nice ;)
  4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Mar 5, 2011
    Nice job Bl-ah-za!
  5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Jul 1, 2010
    Are the Celtics not allowed to smile in their pictures? Talk about mean mug...
  6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Dec 30, 2009
    bahahahahahah @ john wall's smirk
    • Like Like x 1

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Jun 5, 2009

we mean bidness!