The Battle Royal for Promotion

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Dylema, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Ok this was just a rough working out of the standings so tell me if I have you down wrong.

Sevilla 25 (13)
    Madrid 24 (15)
    Zenit 22(15)
    Villareal 19(13)
    Bayern 18(14)
    Hamburg18(14)
    Dortmund 17(13)
    Liverpool 15 (15)

According to this Sevilla should be going up and At. Madrid control their destiny. Villareal, Dortmund, and Zenit are currently the most likely to move into a promotion spot, while Hamburg and Bayern find them selves in tricky spot just above the drop zone with a game more played then Dortmund.

However no body is safe from anything although without looking at the schedule but it appears that from 2nd to 8th any team can go up or down.

Edit: I lied Villareal control their own destiny not At. Madrid as if Villareal were to win there next two games they'd be on 25 with 15 played.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

If I were to predict the final standings I'd go:
    2. Sevilla
    3. Zenit
    4. Villareal
    5. At. Madrid
    6. Hamburg
    7. Bayern
    8. Liverpool
    9. Dortmund

Madrid has been on rough form, and I think I still have to play Villareal. I think I can beat him so I put my self ahead but that might be a bit biased.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

It all seems reasonable, but with the results lately (esp with huge form swings of some bottom and top clubs) we might as well roll dice with the top 6 lol

I think I'll avoid the drop, and hopefully learn to be more consistent in FIFA 12.

Well done Dylema !

4. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

No problem I was already doing it so figured I'd post it since I probably wasn't the only one wondering what it looked like right now.

BTW that is as current as the Bayern v Zenit game, haven't put in anything since then or checked that thread actually.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

what about a relegation breakdown? i have no clue where i stand.

6. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Well things may get a little muddled with Krebstar425 's *broken* FIFA disc.....

7. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

My remaining matches are with Villareal and Madrid...

I won against Villareal earlier in the year but it was a nailbiter. Got stomped by Madrid...

Will likely need 4 points to be safe...

8. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Added Liverpool, If Hamburg or Bayern lose there last match this week the Reds still have a shot especially if they play one of the two.

9. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

If you manage to win against both of those, I would like my chances at promotion alot more. I still have Lyon, who gives me a "headache", Villareal, and Cole. Honestly I'm not sure if I'll take 9 or 0 points from that week. Anything is possible the way this league is going.

10. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Cracked from the center and moving outward. :( It's not the only disc. It's now happened to two PES 2011 discs as well as a few more. I think I may have figured out the issue. The 360 heats up discs so much, and when I switch games and put them back in their case, their temperature along with being snapped back into the case is causing the cracking. So, I'm storing all my games in sleeves, but am officially out of the promotion race.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

real bummer, good luck in league 2. ;)

12. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Watch cole not get the 2 points he needs to stay up. :p Shouldn't go around jinxing yourself.

13. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Cases? Cases?

We don't need no stinkin' cases.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

At first, I was sure it was just the Xbox. But after some research, I think that is the reason. The Xbox still gets discs way too hot, but I don't think it's doing the initial cracking.

15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I had the same thing happen to my old NCAA disc. It still worked on my xbox, but not on my roommates though, so I'm not sure what the reasoning for that was. But, yeah once I started putting it in a sleeve it seemed to slow down the cracking.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

only 2 points needed. i think i've only played kreb once so that should be an automatic 3.

17. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

care to calculate the table now krebs games have been wiped completely? lol

im not sure whats gonna happen but think if i win all 4 of my games im promoted but its gonna be a tough ask

*EDIT*

i see league has been sorted to wipe out krebs games and jeezo its unbelievable!

bryan is down and hedache has won the league but apart from that absolutely anything can happen its crazy

18. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Yeah I wrote a week preview and I only see 3 teams not counting Kerb who are realities out of the promotion battle, but this last week is going to be crazy.

19. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

it sure is man whoever can win 3 or 4 games will probably secure promotion

20. hedache

hedache Walk On

Man that clean up cleared 25% of my goals allowed. Krebstar425 was one of those that was able to score a goal on me. And he didn't just do that but had beaten me. Sad loss for the table that he can't complete. Which also clinches my 1st place it seems like, Lyon is 12 points ahead of closest opponent with Atletico having only 3 games left I believe. If the table is right. If it's not then I call shenanigans!

21. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

villareal out the race zenit look set to join lyon and atletico in the premier next season :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.