The BCS National Title Game: #1 Ole Miss vs #2 LSU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Oct 15, 2009.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The BCS National Title Game: #1 Ole Miss vs #2 LSU

Vindication or Aberration?​

The media has been talking about the last meetup between these two big time schools since it happened in week 12. The great fumble that sent the game into overtime and allowed Ole Miss to take it has been weighing heavily on the minds of LSU fans and now the oppurtunity has come to show the country what true SEC football is all about.

Ole Miss comes into this game having faced a rough schedule in the SEC and taking it in stride. Winning the close games puts you in the big game and that's what Ole Miss has been able to do. On the back of a fantastic Left End and the most bruising runner i've ever seen, Ole Miss has put itself in this position.

Stars:
    Kentrell Lockett (#40) (OVR: 96)
    [​IMG]

Brandon Bolden (#34) (OVR: 94)
    [​IMG]

LSU comes into this game having dominated most it's opponents all year with the exception of Alabama and Ole Miss. The lone blemish came when Ole Miss came back from 14 down with 2 minutes to go to send it into double OT and win. Ford, LSU's starting freshman halfback has said that this game has been the answer to his wishes ever since that fateful night in week 12. Jordan Jefferson, LSU's starting QB being out since week 3 will start this game.

Stars:
    Harry Coleman (#24)( (OVR: 99)
    [​IMG]

Terrance Toliver (#80) (OVR: 98)
    [​IMG]

The game of the year... the NC game... a rivalry game rematch... what more can you ask for?

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

What a match-up this is, great storylines. I really think coaching is going to be a HUGE factor in this one since these team shave playes each other so recently, I really think whoever has the better strategy will have a big advantage. That said, I believe the return of Jordan Jefferson puts the Tigers over the top. Sorry JJ but I am picking against you again, I got LSU by 6.

3. hawkeyes73

hawkeyes73 Guest

any idea when we can play? i am pumped up

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I am taking my boy JJloyd over at Ole Miss!! Everyone has been picking against him and all he has done is win.

Go get it man!!

Good luck to both of you.

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Same here man... We gotta wait for this bowl week to end before the title week is up... but yeah once it's done then i'll be available most of the weekend (i'm assuming we are advancing saturday from this week)

6. Iron Mickey

Several og the games should get knocked out tonite I would imagine. Bout to play mine now!

7. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

good luck in the orange bowl

8. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Looks like i'll be able to play after 8 tonight, trude is the only person left in this weeks bowl games so i think he'll be done by then.

9. Iron Mickey

I saw Trude on last nite. Iam suprised he didnt play.

10. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I'm shocked how fast we got the bowl games done (im sure trude will get it done soon), very impressive stuff with this dynasty.

11. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

whats up guys. first off, my game is done and thank god this year is done for the underachieving bunch we all know as the Seminoles. Secondly, i will not vote against ole miss again until he loses so i now have ole miss as the national champions this season!

12. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

as long as gunit doesn't wish me luck i think im good. Gunit's endorsement is clearly the kiss of death lol :)

13. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

just a group FYI... i will be home from work tomorrow after 6pm west coast time and i have sunday and monday off. anytime after 6 pm tomorrow until late monday night i will make time to do offseason in one foul swoop if we can all get on the same page. just let me know. Also, i would like it if LSU won although i didnt pick them. reason being is i want to be the first user to go undefeated throughout a whole season!

14. Iron Mickey

I've had a change of heart guys!! I am goin with Florida State!! Tomahawk Chop'Em!!! LoL!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Dear God...

16. Iron Mickey

It's on!! Now all we need it hot girls making out with each other!! Awesome!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I guess we are playing this one tomorrow night after i get off work then.

18. Iron Mickey

Damn that sucks.

I am going to the GT/VT game tomm. But I will be back later tomm night. I'll be looking forward to see who won between you two.

19. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I'll be at the Blackhawks game tomorrow night so I will not be home when this game is hopefully played, as long as it's done when I get home late tomorrow night we will advance to the off-season.

20. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

are we doing this tonight or what?

21. hawkeyes73

hawkeyes73 Guest

txt me when you are ready.

22. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

shadow is on psn and has been u can find him there.

23. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

23-20 ole miss wins in another overtime game. I missed a 40 yard fg in the third quarter which turned out to be the difference... but i mean thats life and that's this game. It was a good back and forth affair, i remember on that one drive late in the fourth quarter with 3 minutes left i thought i had the first down on that third down run (3rd and inches) but they didn't give it to me so i kicked that 58 yarder. Udder madness though how that game went down, it was good from beginning to end. I threw a pick on the first drive of the game and the last drive of the game, just like last time. Ah well there's always next year, i'll be loaded again... i can't say i'll play any differently because i played well enough to win both games... i just didn't win them haha. Credit to ole miss, and the best conference in football the SEC.

24. hawkeyes73

hawkeyes73 Guest

Great game shadow. Both of are games could of went either way. I look forward to playing against you in the future

25. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Yeah, i'd probably say you are the best player on traditionfootball that i've seen at least. Also the luckiest :D:cool: but those usually do go hand in hand. Me? I'd rank myself second until next year where i'm gonna say this....

I guarantee a win in Oxford. Putting it down right now my friend. (y)