The best decision for the league

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 9, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

The best decision for the league

First let me say I never called the Jets owner a punk, I never got hyper, I simply stood up for a decision that I felt was necessary for the league that I envisioned. I am always quick to apologize but I will not be muscled into a decision by a loud mouth owner so that he can have his way.

Second after many run ins with Frisk, Dunlap, Bigsmooth, now Skotic, and many other owners that I always seem to bump head with, I think the best decision for everyone is to just walk away so that the OMFL can continue to grow.

This will probably get Sykotic back and other great owners that just don't like me.

Sucks because I was really looking forward to the new year and the new stuff, but this kinda thing has just happened way too much. I have told Jeremy that he is in charge and will start making decisions. I will stay and help make a smooth transition.

You guys rock, the OMFL's future is bright.

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I wouldnt leave because of what happened with Scikotic. I was part of the thread. He suggested something and you rejected it. Just because someone suggests something doesn't mean that they get it. Then if they dont, they take their ball and go home. As for you calling him a punk, it was not as bad as he mad it seem. I have called my 3 year old nephew worst than that this morning and he didn't take it that bad. My god!

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I cant see this being a good idea Nate, you are the founder of the omfl. I dont support or like this decision.

Again its yours to make, but please reconsider..

4. natedawg212000

i simply want whats best for the league, and if i am the cause of frustration then ill step aside and let this puppy go.

5. natedawg212000

i always chuckle when i see all your banners bruce, lol.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nate,

I'll be home around 3:30 or 4:00. Let's try to talk through AIM some tonight.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I second this

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Nate, I like Scikotic but they way he went about posting that thread and his replies that were in it and in your teams trade block thread were out of line,PERIOD. IMO, you were correct in what you said. You stood up for what you believe and in my opinion you were 100% correct. I feel the same as you do. His idea just would not work, PERIOD. I told him this and tried to make him see our side of it.

Secondly, doesnt matter if your president of the United States to president of the local chess club, you will bump heads, it comes with the position and is a major sign that you are doing something right.

Scikotic's argument was solely based on his beliefs of how he will run his team. He is a die-hard Jets fan and he is lucky enough to have that team here. He wouldnt trade any of his players not because hes against trading marquee players but because they are his JETS.

His opinion was a personal one based on how he will run his team and not in the best interest of the league. Not Scikotic bashing here. Its just that the Green from his team is clouding his vision.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

In my view, either way this really really blows. Nobody here wants to lose Nate, including me. But goddamn Scikotic was our best and most active owner, period. Losing somebody like that sends some serious shockwaves throughout the league.

Not only that but I lost a damn good podcast partner who was always excited and there to do it.

This really sets a back a notch as a league. Blah. I wish it wasn't always he leaves or I leave, but it is what it is. If somebody had to leave then I guess it has to be Sciko....but again I wish it didn't come to that. I am seriously saddened by this today.

10. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

This. Well said Jeremy

11. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

No way did I feel that you were out of line in that thread and you stepping down because Scik is frustrated should not happen. Like Jeremy said butting heads comes with the territory if you are in charge. Part of the problem with debating ideas through posts is that you can't hear the other person's tone or read sarcasm. No way you should step down Nate this is your baby.

12. natedawg212000

I know you guys support me, but a talk with Jeremy just now has pretty much made the decision for me. If I am a hinderance then I need to remove that.

13. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I don't like it man. No matter who is the commish we are going to have people who disagree with something we are doing, you stepping down will not change that.

14. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Whoa Nate. I never implied you were a hinderence in any form or fashion. The best thing for this league is for you to stay as Commish,plain and simple. But you as everyone,including myself, can improve on how we handle certain situations to prevent this from happening in the future. I asked if we could talk without offending one another and now after that talk, Ive pushed you over the ledge.

Thats not fair Nate.

15. natedawg212000

You didn't push me over the edge, but if me being me offends owners to leave then I need to leave. I am going to eat dinner and I'll type more later.

16. natedawg212000

I'll say this and then disappear for a lil bit.

I know my weak areas, my very weak areas. I am an emotional guy, at times, I make fast decisions, sometimes, and I take things personal, all the time. I am not saying these are good things because they are NOT.

A few things are in play here. Things were told to Jeremy which were told to me that I dont feel are true, but it doesnt matter if I feel they are true are not, because image is everything. Guys are saying that I am hateful to owners and that I am a dictator and what not.

I really dont feel that I am that way, but maybe I do come across as that. The things he said about me are not true, the dude doesnt even know me and we have NEVER had a discussion - EVER, about anything.

I'll chill out the best I can and just let owners say what they want to say. If I don't like a decision that was made I would just put up with it, I guess.

I leave a lot to the discrepancy of the board and the voice of the league. I don't just pick 'yes' men to be on the board and I actually have a board and not just me and a buddie making all the calls.

I donno. When Frisk and I got into it, it felt the same way. I hate when people don't like me and say things that just aren't true about who I really am.