The Best Rivalries of Tradition Football

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Oct 8, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009
    The Best Rivalries of Tradition Football

Post about your biggest rival in your Dynasty and why. What has happened in those games that makes losing to them that much more unacceptable...

this isn't a "bash a guys gameplay thread"... it's a "this is my most competetive game every year".
  2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    Helli and I have had a back and fourth rivalry, that said he has owned it lately winning the last three or four in a row.

The last two have both been devastating in the way we lost them.

The first one we had a late lead and our best player Berry SS stood and watched as his WR caught the game winner with very little time left.

The last one we had a lead and the ball driving, our FB fumbles the ball and the game turns. Helli scores to get the lead, we are trying to drive late and our QB throws a pass about 5 yds behind a wide open WR that looked like he was throwing it to the DB...result = loss.

We try again tonight.
  3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    Bruce rocks! ;) whats up dude! Long time no see. I didn't pick up NCAA this year, I guess I need too.
  4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009
    It's obvious that Ramirez has become my biggest rival. Even besides the friendship... our games have been outrageous nearly every time we play.

Going back to a Fiesta Bowl matchup between the Sun Devils and Aggies where Ramirez hurled a prayer to his HB 27 yards to the endzone on 4th down and 0 time left to tie the game.

It ended three OT later with ASU outlasting TAMU in the Aggies only BCS Bowth birth of 09.

This year the LSU Tigers have been a thorn in Auburn side, keeping them from a National Title run last season in a game that saw Auburn score 21 pts in the final 2 minutes of the game (consequently while i was singing "Turn out the lights, the party's over" Dandy Don Merideth style on the headset) to get one shot at the comeback. LSU had dominated the whole game, but Auburn had stripped the ball on two consecutive 1st downs from LSU HB's to make a miracle comeback.

The finally fell short on their last drive though and their undefeated season and title hopes were gone.

The previous season saw perhaps the craziest game of them all, a FIVE OT thriller that had everything you could imagine... big runs, big hits, big penalties... bad timeouts... horrible coaching decisions. LSU finally outlasted Auburn mauling their QB as he rolled to the sideline desperately looking for a WR in the endzone on 4th down... ahh life is sweet sometimes.
  5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Jul 6, 2009
    TF: Coast2Coast is just a year old and the Florida State-Florida rivalry was boiling this year.

Here is summary of the game:

Gators cant seal the deal, Noles win in 2 OT

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    1 2 3 4 OT OT
    FSU 7 14 0 17 7 3 48
    UF 7 17 7 7 7 0 45

Gainesville, Fl-- The Florida-Florida State rivialry didnt disappoint like in years past. The game featured another battle of two top 5 teams with a National Championship on the line. Florida took an early lead after forcing an FSU punt on their opening drive. Then the scoring fest started, both teams would put points on the board and answered each other. Florida took a 24-21 lead into half. FSU probably should have taken a 21-17 lead into half but a Tebow pass somehow went over or through Jenije's hands and Riley Cooper caught it and ran 76 yards for the score.
    Florida would score on the opening possession of the 2nd half and it would be the only points for either team in the 3rd quarter.
    Florida State would then settle in. Being down 10, backs against the wall and National Title hopes on the line to start the fourth. The Noles would cut the lead to 7 with a Hopkins field goal. Florida's next possession, had them facing a 3rd and 6 and Florida ran a option, it looked like FSU had him surrounded and then the ball came out in a pitch to Jeff Demps and he took off for 60 yard TD. With 5:01 remaining, FSU wouldnt quit only needing 2 plays to score with a Manuel to Commack 27 yard TD pass with 4:24 remaining. FSU would get Florida to punt, but Florida would buckle down and force a three and out. Time not on the Noles side they would end up getting the ball back under 2 mins and scoring the game tying TD with 0:18 seconds remaining on a Manule run. Florida would get a few plays but ended up getting nothing and settling for overtime.
    Florida State lost the coin toss and Florida elected to play defense. That didnt matter as FSU lined up in shotgun and Manuel flicked the ball to Commack for a 25 yard TD pass. Florida would try to score on the first play too, but ended up not completing it. Tebow would ultimately hit Thompson on a 31 yard pass to tie the game. Florida would start with the ball in the second OT and Tebow would be sack 3 times and force Florida to try a long field goal, which ended up being short and off to the left. FSU would run two running plays then kick the game winning field goal to escape the Swamp unbeaten. Florida State travels to Tampa for the ACC Championship game to play against Miami for a rematch to open the season, but this time an automatic bid for a BCS bowl and ACC crown is on the line.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    FSU UF
    Score 48 45
    First Downs 23 15
    Total Offense 453 414
    Rushes-Yds-TD 23-14-4 45-134-3
    Comp-Att-TD 14-42-2 13-19-3
    Passing Yds 439 280
    3rd down % 5-9 (55) 7-12 (58)
    4th down % 0-0 0-0
    2 Point 0-0 0-0
    Redzone-TD-FG 5-4-1 (100) 3-3-0 (100)
    TO 0 0
    Fumbles Lost 0 0
    INT 0 0
    PR Yds 19 0
    KR Yds 195 173
    Total Yds 667 587
    Punts-Avg 3-47.3 3-50.7
    Penalties-Yards 1-15 3-29
    TOP 11:07 17:17

KnighNoles and bravejaf started the heated rivalry that I know I look forward to continue every year.
  6. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Jun 9, 2009
    As with the above, another instant rivalry in TF: Coast2Coast would have to be USC and Oregon. A heated rivalry that extends back to a side dynasty that myself and Maxattax34 matched up in.

I don't remember the specifics from that previous game but it was one hell of a game then and our Oregon-USC game was just as crazy.

Ultimately decided by the fact that I was in short FG range with a TO left but with 4 seconds left on the clock before halftime the damn game wouldn't let me call a TO with select on my controller and I missed my opportunity to kick what would end up being a game tying FG.

We definitely have our game against Oregon (who has Masoli back again after winning the freakin' Heisman with him his first season) circled on our schedule this season and fully expect it to be another wild one.
  7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Apr 19, 2009
    I had a lot of great games my first season of TF Central Michigan

I had a very close game against Newb Slice and Buffalo...caused a fumble on the goal line, won by 4..

then he beat me by a TD in the conference championship...but he left for madden :(

Now, I'd have to say it's turning into Parrothead and Northern Illinois..

I blew him out in season 1, but we had a great game this season where I lost on an iced kick in double overtime...

he had an undefeated regular season and will be playing Buffalo in the conference championship..

I'll get him next year!
  8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Feb 17, 2009
    Mors and I always play a close game. The USC vs. Oregon rivalry is going to be one of the great ones. Watch out for assholi next year in C2C!

Of course, there is Rice-Houston. I think it was just sort of understood from the beginning that we would be rivals. We talk trash all year around and have established a little Sig bragging rights deal as you can see lol. The games havent been great... he whooped me the first time and I whooped him the second time, but I think that adds to it. I burned him late on a little dumpoff screen while I was up in the 4th this year... Now he wants revenge. Next year should be another good one! He likes to pass, I like to run, that makes it even more interesting. We have to get mic'd up for that one.
  9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Jul 6, 2009
    Cimmy and I hands down, for me.

He beat me 5 times in a row before I beat him. It is now 5-2. However, I would like to point out that two of the times I last lost were Minnesota against PSU... I barely lost.
  10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    Haha, I had to make it interesting for you...didn't want you quitting halfway through ;)

That is why we LOVE to play the game. CA is definitely my biggest rival on here. Don't hate the guy at all, but we bash each other everyday whether we play or not. It's a good friendly rivalry. Minnesota and PSU don't play this season in BfR, I was hoping we'd both go undefeated in the regular season and get in the Natty...dreamin' but that would make it HUGE!

Apart from that, now that DerrrFree22 is on for the ride, him and I will definetly have interesting games. He was by far my biggest rival in NCAA 09. I joined his dynasty and him and I clashed. We hated each other and we both talked a ton of shit. He was certain he was going to beat me in our first game agaisnt one another, I was Ole Miss he was Vandy. I won. It was truly an upset matter what he says...shocked the league. We had one more meeting apart from that, I was Clemson, he was Cinncy...I was destroying him all game. Got into about the 3rd or 4th..I was up a few scores I believe and it just fell apart and he won.

CA is definitely my top rival here, hands down, but every game means a lot and every game against a user is important. H22 has slid into the picture recently after he beat me to take away my undefeated season dreams, Zephead is a Buckeye so that is a natural rivalry, and ryty has my number, I want to beat him and it will happen, guaranteed. (y)
  11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    At this point I don't know how you could call it a rivalry... But currently the game we circle on our schedule has to be MoGriffJr. and Georgia Tech. the result: Two embarrassing losses in first two tries in NCAA 10. Hell the last time I apologized because I couldn't give him an interesting game. The inability of players to get free vs. Man defense has me dazed and confused in NCAA 2010.

But this rivalry goes back to NCAA '09 when I was Purdue and he took over a couple of seasons in at Oregon. We were scheduled to go there as part of a home/home with the previous Oregon coach and he pounded me that first meeting.

We didn't meet again until I worked Purdue into shape to get into the BCS Championship, where Oregon awaited. We prevailed in that game, which was one of the more exciting games I've been involved with playing video football. It happened to be the first user v. user National Championship game. The next season we met Oregon again and this time beat them pretty handily. So now after the two BEATDOWNS that Ga Tech has put on us this year the record is 3-2, Mo.

Other great rivals include Bruce80 who mentioned me in this thread, we always have a close game. There were times I just wanted to throw my hands up in the air against him, he comes right at you and sometimes would hold me scoreless for a half. In terms of "rival" that means something like "it's competitive" I'd have to say Bruce because I don't think I'll be able to give Mo a game with the way NCAA '10 plays. Which is to say, for the most part an abortion of a game.
  12. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Jul 11, 2009
    Having really just started playing with these guys this year, I would have to say my toughest and most evenly played matchups have come against CA, Cimmy, and Sdid. In the three leagues that I am in, I have played Cimmy as Iowa against PSU twice, both of us winning at home. I also played him as CSU, and he was TCU, a late int stopped a late TD drive for the tie. We also played in the PS3 tournament to start the year. Just have always been good games between us. Sdid and I did not play against each other last year, but I was in his league late in the 09 year. This year, in BfR we met as Iowa/Michigan, he came out on top in a stellar defensive performance. Then in a separate league, we played as WKU and FAU, with him winning with FAU on a late stop. I finally got a good finish against him in Evolution. Playing as CSU against his BYU squad, I held off a late charge for the win. CA is the one that dragged me over here, and even though we have not played more than a couple games against each other, they have been nail biters. In BfR, we are rivals, as in real life. Iowa/Minnesota. I give him crap about Kinnick North, he reminds me that I'm still in Iowa. It's fun and this year our game could have huge ramifications depending on the season. Thats it, I play against a great group of players and could not ask for anything more, well, how about getting paid to do this?

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sep 12, 2009
    I haven't played anyone on here more than once, but the guys here are among the best, classiest players I have ever played with.
  14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    Update UT takes Georgia out 24-10 thank goodness. However we lost starting QB Xavier Stevens for ten freakin weeks on a cheap shot by the Georgia OLB.

Our trip to Georgia next year has the X man marking his calendar .
  15. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

Jul 17, 2009
    we only been through one season but into this year it was gonna build into another big game between me FSU and lil Maggie Maryland! Its like the right of passage game to the ACC Title and a bcs spoiler kinda all in one!