The Big Secret

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The Big Secret

[​IMG]

It's not completely finished yet, nor does it function exactly as I would like, but it's finished enough to let you guys in on it. I'll answer questions and give details in future posts.

But know this: I put a lot of time into this, but none of it happens without Ryno and the guys at Tradition Football. More on this in a bit. For now, just have a look.

No more secrets. Click HERE.

Hope you like it,

AG

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It looks awesome man! nice work!

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Thank you. The content will be user-generated, by the way. All members will be able to post to the site. There is a space carved out for every user team, and those team pages will populate the News pages, and the Main page, etc. Everyone has a place. More on this later.

AG

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

How do sign up for the site? Do you just make a wordpress account and that works on both your site and TFs?

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I can grant logins and certain site privileges. This will happen in time, and once it does, each member will be capable of creating the kind of content you see on the front page. Info is categorized so that content can be sorted by team, and then by league. So, if I play in the West, my stuff shows up on my own team news page, the West league news page, and the front page of the site. It's the same as the old setup, except that where there were only a few people with the right to post before, now there will be many people with that right (though there will be a number of editors who will monitor and control content to some extent).

I've looked around, and to my knowledge, it is far and away the newest and coolest thing going.

We'll get into it as time passes. There's a bit of a learning curve involved, so we'll spend a bit of time getting everyone up to speed. More on that later.

AG

6. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Looks awesome man. A damn good job well done and a GREAT looking new website.

Can't wait to start using it. (y)

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    this is really exciting. Great job! The league just keeps evolving you all are doing big things.

8. FANTASTIC Job, looks amazing.

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Looks amazing. Should be a real fun first time experience for me in `10.

10. Congrats Archie, looks great.

Having a site like that should really expand the great program you guys having going.

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

This is a very nice site...I thought mine was pretty good but this puts it over the top...Sweet!