The Black List: Noncompliance Issues

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Sep 10, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

The purpose of this thread is to notify any owners who are not in compliance of a league rule or requirement. This is not a list you want to be on, and failure to comply with an issue addressed here will result in disciplinary action.

It is a shame we have to even do this, especially considering we have just started this thing. But one thing we have stressed right from the beginning is that we will be holding all owners accountable. That is regardless of tenure, history, or anything else. We have a substantial rule-set for a reason, and it doesn't work if some owners do not follow the rules (whether on purpose, by mistake, or due to lack of attention to detail).

Most of the issues we find would take just minutes to remedy, so it's not like we are asking for huge time commitments here. It takes us far longer to have to track this stuff down, than it would for each individual owner to take care of it themselves in the first place.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; Ownership in The Q is a privilege, not a right. We expect owners that have a spot, to work just as hard to keep it, as they did to get in the first place!

BLACK LIST

Unapproved Free Agent Signings

As stated in the Waiver Results, the only Free Agents eligible to be signed were players awarded via waiver claims. The following teams need to release the listed player(s) immediately and are forbidden from signing that player for the rest of this season.

Ravens (CowboyMike70) - HB Peyton Hillis
    Saints (coachmimz20) - DT Brandon McKinney

2013 Team Previews

We decided to make the 2013 Team Previews mandatory, to ensure that we received some form of content from every owner. It was very much a test of everyone, to see if anyone failed to comply. This wasn't something where we required a novel, it could be as long or short as an owner wanted. There are still a handful of owners who have yet to reply to the thread, and this was even after a friendly reminder a day prior to the deadline. I even managed to get mine done before the deadline, and I felt like that was nothing short of a miracle. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Now if your name is listed here, and you created your preview in another thread, just simply copy and paste it into the appropriate thread. There is nothing wrong with having it in two locations, I as well as a few others did just that.

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55) - Raiders
    D.J. (DJDunn6) - Dolphins (DJ proactively contacted me directly prior to the deadline. Thank you)
    Juan (Juan Valencia) - Vikings
    Kris (coachmimz20) - Saints
    Moe (CaptMoe) - Cowboys

Roster Requirements

Now this one irks me, because the Roster Requirements were in the League Rules that everyone signed off on as read and understood. When waivers were opened, we cautioned everyone to make sure they claimed the correct positions to fulfill their roster requirements. Even after waivers, I told owners to contact us if they still had any roster issues that weren't addressed in waivers.

If your team is on this list, DO NOT sign any players until we officially kick off free agency with week 2. You will probably have to cut a player you intended to keep; but that is one of the purposes of the roster requirements in the first place, to prevent teams from neglecting one position to stockpile another.

Buccaneers (sactown) - Need 2 Offensive Linemen
    Chargers (KNICKSFAN_84) - Need 1 Defensive Lineman
    Chiefs (redlishus) - Need 1 Defensive Lineman
    Dolphins (DJDunn6) - Need 2 Offensive Linemen
    49ers (Ninersfan80) - Need 1 Offensive Lineman
    Jets (klaximilian) - Need 1 Defensive Lineman
    Patriots (PepperNY) - Need 1 Offensive Lineman
    Raiders (Hulk_hagen_55) - Need 1 Offensive Lineman
    Ravens (CowboyMike70) - Need 2 Offensive Linemen
    Saints (coachmimz20) - Need 1 Offensive Lineman

I would rather not have to do this type of thing, I would have liked to have spent this time working on my highlight video from week 1. Nobody should be happy to be on this list at all; but if you are one of those whose name appears more than once, quite frankly you need to get your shit together. I want to see everyone in this league succeed, but I can't do it for you. I hope these issues can be addressed and we don't have to revisit the Black List any time soon.

If anyone has a any questions or concerns, I am always willing to help where I can. I would rather answer what you might think is a stupid question, than to have it appear as though you don't care.

Thanks,

~Jim

• Like Like x 5
  2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Well this is embarrassing. My apologizes Jim. It will be corrected week 2.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I thought I had up until today to do it. I will have it. Ready in about 2 hours.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Sorry I dropped 2 OL on the last waiver claim to make room and thought maybe there was a free for all in between to be in compliance I will drop 2 players today to make room for next waiver claim and get 2 OL back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I didn't realize I was short 1 OL until right before my game. I didn't want to break a rule by signing a FA so I was going to handle this as soon as week 2 opened up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I also didn't notice I had not enough linemen. I will get on in the next free agency period. Sorry. Wasn't trying to neglect one position at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Vikings 2013 Team Preview Completed.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

hey jim will fixx both tonight. Teaam ppreview in otheer thread an my roster req i thought was taken care of with my last waiver priority beiny essentiaally rg any. Either way ill be off this list tonight

• Like Like x 1
  10. sactown

sactown Walk On

Will get it done today

• Like Like x 1
  11. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Both issues resolved

• Like Like x 2
  12. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Problem solved

• Like Like x 1
  13. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

I fixed 2 of 3 issues. 3rd one will happen asap

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Way too many people on this list...It is difficult enough to take care all the posts, planning, editing, formatting, posting, following, tagging ETC. You need to be responsible and that means reading and adhering to the rules/requirements

I want to echo Jim's words:
    I would rather not have to do this type of thing, I would have liked to have spent this time working on my highlight video from week 1. Nobody should be happy to be on this list at all; but if you are one of those whose name appears more than once, quite frankly you need to get your shit together. I want to see everyone in this league succeed, but I can't do it for you. I hope these issues can be addressed and we don't have to revisit the Black List any time soon.

• Like Like x 4
  15. sactown

sactown Walk On

Fixed the issue. My apologies sir.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I signed an OL. I traded a guy so I am at 52 and I will sign someone after advance.

17. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

52 is a fine number...as long as you are meeting position/roster requirements

• Like Like x 2
  18. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I thought I wrote my team preview. I even got an alert that you and Doug "liked" it...

19. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Attention to detail Moe ;)

20. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Done...