The Boomies - 2013 SEC Pre-Season Outlook

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Boom29, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Dru50
    gowazzucougs
    Cheez
    Jayrah
    Wyrmreaver
    SatansAngel1104
    whygodwhy1111
    Kapono
    MexiRican35
    Corey Haggard
    recchem2000

This is the first installment of the Boomies, the SEC's Pre-Season outlook. Due to the site being down and the OD error, I didn't get a chance to put it up sooner.

Pre-Season Offensive Player of the Year
    Rank Player Outlook
    1 James Franklin, SR - QB, Missouri Franklin is the best QB in the conference and has a chip on his shoulder
    2 Keith Marshall, JR - HB, Georgia Marshall was the offense for the Bulldogs a season ago and will be so again this year
    3 Brandon Williams, rJR - HB, Texas A&M Williams is a game-breaker and can take it the distance from anywhere on the field

Pre-Season Defensive Player of the Year
    Rank Player Outlook
    1 Denzel Perryman, SR - MLB, Miami Denzel is the reigning Bednarik Award winner and is the leader of the Miami defense
    2 Michael Brennan, rSR - OLB, Missouri Brennan is the face of an attacking Missouri defense and is coming off a break-out 15.5 sack season
    3 Jonathon Mincy, rSR - CB, Auburn Mincy has 18 career interceptions and is the best corner in the defensive-minded SEC

All-SEC Unit Rankings

OFFENSE
    Rank Quarterback Halfback Receivers O-Line
    1 Missouri Auburn Georgia Arkansas
    2 Texas A&M Florida State Florida State Georgia
    3 Arkansas Texas A&M Alabama South Carolina
    ... ... ... ... ...
    Last Alabama Missouri South Carolina Florida

DEFENSE
    Rank D-Line Linebackers Corners Safeties
    1 Georgia LSU Auburn Missouri
    2 LSU Alabama Florida Georgia
    3 Miami Miami Arkansas Arkansas
    ... ... ... ... ...
    Last Tennessee Texas A&M Missouri Tennessee

POSITION RANKINGS

Offense
    Rank Top 3 QB Top 3 HB Top 3 WR Top 3 TE Top 3 OL
    1 James Franklin, Missouri (95) Marlin Lane, Tennessee (90) Dorial Green-Beckham, Missouri(89) Kent Taylor, Florida (81) Brock Stadnik, South Carolina (95)
    2 Jeff Driskell, Florida (87) Brandon Williams, Texas A&M (94) Rashawn Scott, Miami (90) Mario Bowman, LSU (84) Chris Burnette, Georgia (93)
    3 Clint Trickett, Florida State (89) Keith Marshall, Georgia (90) Trovon Reed, Auburn (89) Nick O'Leary, Florida State (92) Antonio Richardson, Tennessee (85)

Defense
    Rank Top 3 DL Top 3 LBs Top 3 CB Top 3 S
    1 Timmy Jernigan, Florida State (92) Denzel Perryman, Miami (94) Jonathon Mincy, Auburn(94) Brian Randolph, Tennessee (84)
    2 Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina (97) Donavin Newson, Missouri (80) Floyd Raven, Texas A&M (87) Brian Marquardt, Florida (83)
    3 Anthony Chickillo, Miami (91) Curt Maggitt, Tennessee (89) Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida(88) Braylon Webb, Missouri (89)

RANDOM RANKINGS
    Rank Fastest WR Core Best Hands Top Pass Blocking Unit Top Run Blocking Units
    1 Miami Georgia Arkansas Georgia
    2 Georgia Alabama South Carolina Texas A&M
    3 Florida State Florida State Georgia Auburn

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Boom29

I have a question so how did you determine these rankings? I am looking at my QB ranking, did you take the average ranking of all my quarterbacks? Because some how I got a walk on that shouldn't be on my team. I tried cutting him, but it didn't work for some reason. I am curious if that ranking would improve if you didn't include him.

3. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

For QB I only used the top two to determine the rankings. Each position was a little different, and some could have been broken out even more.

QB - 2
    HB - 3
    WR - 4
    OL - 7
    DL - 6 (3 DT,3 DE) this is where I had most problems, and didn't want to separate
    LB - 5 I think
    CB - 4
    S - 3

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Boom29 I have another question where does QB Enchiladas rank in the pre season outlook? Rec will tell you they are mighty tasty

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Boom29 - I'm surprised WR Malcolm Mitchell didn't get more love in your WR rankings - He had over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's last year and is rated a 95 or 96 OVR this year.

But nice work nonetheless.

6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I considered putting him up there, but I feel his stats benefits from teams trying to stop Georgia's rushing attack. I don't see him as a focal point of the offense unlike the three receivers on the list.

For what it's worth, I took OVR into account, but didn't base my Top 3s on it. Also, I made some general assumptions considering there's only so much information out there.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Fair point and I can't disagree with anything you said. I've done lists like this before so I totally understand that you made your judgements based on the information at hand.

8. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Top halfback... but no love in the top HB corps in the league?

This shit is more rigged than the AM team draft!

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I think Enchilada fits right in with MexiRican's QB as the lowest rated of the starting QBs.

I'm sure defenses will find your Enchiladas mighty tasty.

10. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Lane got the top spot because defenses are designed to stop him and he is still successful. Can't you be happy with that :p

11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

No, becuase my #2 back usually does pretty decent as well! :mad:

12. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Jadeveon Clowney takes that #2 DE personal!

He got 5 sacks, 1 FF, caused 3 INTs and drew 2 holding penalties in week 1. Trust me, its gonna get worse! FEAR THE SC D-LINE!

13. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Tell him that if he didn't underachieved the past two years he would have been #1.

14. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Haha, I imagine that DCD didnt control his D-line, while I do, about 90% of the time.

I looked to see how close he is to the school record of 29 sacks and realized that coming into this game Clowney only had 13 career sacks. I was shocked.