!!! THE BUCK STOPS HERE !!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

!!! THE BUCK STOPS HERE !!!

Unsim style play has hit an all-time high in the OMFL and it will stop NOW.

First and foremost, the OMFL is a league built on dignity & respect. If we do not respect one another enough to not take advantage of embedded flaws within the game, then we do not belong here.PERIOD. This is NOT a win first or win at all costs league.

Just because you can do it, doesnt always mean you should. Just because something isnt written in our rules makes it fair game. There is no reason we need to have in place the amount of rules and regulations that we do, just to experience an enjoyable gaming experience.

As a board we can modify and add rules till our fingers get tired of typing but unless owners decide to think before they make a roster move, to think before they pick a certain play, we will never reach the pinnacle of the Online Madden Football League ladder.We will continue to turnover owners and we will continue to fight all these same issues unless we decide as a group to put an end to this. We as owners must decide now, am I in this for the right reasons or am I here to see how much I can get away with by bending and circumventing the rules just to ensure a winning record.

For us to be successful we need to build a community of relationships first and play the games second. Right now we are more worried about the latter and that needs to change.

To finish, this is not directed at anyone specifically but at ALL owners including myself. Everyone here at one point or another has had issues brought up by other opponents. We are all at fault but I am willing to do what it takes to bring the OMFL to the top on the SIM STYLE world.

ARE YOU?

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Can I get a Hallelujah?

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

respect where respect is due. jeremy and i had a fairly important matchup this year earlier on where my connection dropped 2 times in a row down by 14 or more. instead of finishing cpu or giving me one half of footbal under a new game he just played me again even though my connection clearly dropped. little things like go a far way to me so i just wanted to touch up on it. it directly relates to forming relationships before winning at all cost mentality.

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Nice touch....

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah me and Jeremy had that happen last season and he did the same thing for me. Respecting each other and not exploiting the game is definitely key for our community.

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I think this is the most important, above everything else. When the respect fails, everything else will...

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Good point Trude. Ultimately this is what TF is all about.

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The problem is this shouldnt even need to be said.

If your a win at all costs player Tradition football isnt for you. The time has come to sort these guys out and if they dont fit get rid of them.

OMFL is a premier Madden PS3 league at Tradition Football....thats sorta of a big deal...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gtKT0lwHNKo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gtKT0lwHNKo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

If your life changes whether you win or lose at Madden football then you need to seriously re-evaluate your priorities.

Grow up...play the game to have fun, beat the person your playing using sound strategy, dont beat the game...this isnt Tetris, or Pac Man, or Mike Tyson's punch out where you learn the pattern of what works and use it over and over again to beat the game.

As usual common sense needs to prevail with sportsmanship right there with it.

Its video game, its not life or death based on whether you win or not.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Thank you for this post Bruce............I cant agree more.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Adding this to my signature line...Awesome

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

I LOVE RON BURGANDY!

I LOVE LAMP!

13. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Dunlap, do you really love the lamp or are you just looking at objects in the room and saying you love them?

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

I LOVE LAMP. . .I LOVE LAMP?

15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Do you really LOOOOOVE the Lamp? This is getting borderline awkward. Maybe we should all leave...

16. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Lets all try and mix up our coverages a little more too. Zone is just way too popular.

17. natedawg212000

if you play the saints, you can bet your gonna get man. you may beat me with it, but i think its a cop-out to play all zone and trust me, i know a lot of 'elite' teams here the play all zone.

18. natedawg212000

What angers me is all these 'cheesy' guys i always hear about and yet NO ONE files a report. I played the Raiders and he said in our half of football, that half of football was the most sim football he has played all year. THATS INSANE! Report these guys and help me get them out.

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'd have to disagree about your most of the elite teams being zone teams....Saints, Eagles, Jags, and Pats all play well over 50 percent man to man....and those might be the top 4 teams in the league this year. Kinda cool to see that play out.

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I've played all 4 teams this season and the ones I can remember playing mostly man was the Jaguars and the Eagles. I can't remember Gaddy too well because he was my first game in OMFL, but judging by how many passing yards I had that game (350+), I would have to say he was probably man as well.

21. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Wow, you got all those ints with Cromartie in man coverage? User picks?

22. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Agreed, there is a time and a place for zone(not telling) and every play is not that time and place. Especially if its the same play, and its bump every time. I mean, comon now. Do I really need to see the linebackers all drop back into a zone to cover on every single play? I'd be happier if my opponent blitzed all 4 downs than if they played the same zone plays.

23. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

He used alot of man on me. My mistake came in the redzone and he decided to switch it up and keep Cro in the flats and I misread the defense. I don't know where most of Cro's picks come off of this season, but he did play a good amount of man.

24. Big D

Big D Walk On

Hah...I didnt make a huge trade for Cromartie to stick him in zone coverage! He's a beast....98 man cvr, 95 spd, good catch rating. Wilson on the other side is 95 man cr, 95 spd. I'd be silly to play too much zone....lol!

25. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

There was an awesome sound bite that I heard a while back. Rex Ryan was asking about a draft prospect (CB) and how good his cover skills were. He was informed he was a great zone corner.

Ryan laughed and said, "Great, so he can't cover and isn't a corner."

My point, any Jo-Shmoe can play in a zone. When you have the elite guys like Dunlap does, you throw them in man most of the time. It would be pointless to do otherwise in excess.

***By no means am I saying that if you have mediocre corners, its cool to sit in zone all day. Mix it up***