The Bucking Bronco Bulletin

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RadarRider, Aug 5, 2011.

1. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Week 7

Western Michigan: 55
    Nothern Illinois: 0

POG: T. Drake 376 yards rushing, 5 TD's

"We felt coming into the game that NIU was going to stay close to us, they are a fast team with some strong athletes on the defensive side of the ball. Our goal for this week, as it is for most weeks, was to establish the run; and Drake has been an anchor for this offense the entire season. We felt that if we established a strong running game Northern would have no choice but to play us closely, maybe even start stacking guys in the box, leaving Carder to do his thing with the recievers on the outside. I sit in the booth, the whole game, and all I kept seeing was the defense spreading themselves out. I told Brian, my guy on the sideline, "we are going to run the ball until they fully respect it". I feel bad for Carder, we couldn't utilize his talents and throw the ball, but I also can't about 400+ yards on the ground"....(Went onto to say) "Each week we strive for success; and I make sure my boys know their assignments. I new we could win this game, I just did not forsee this type of performance! Our next goal is Eastern Michigan and getting closer to that MAC title"

2. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Week 8

Western Michigan: 45
    Eastern Michigan: 10

POG: P. Hazel; 5 Tkls, 4 sacks

"Well, I think this is an overall victory for the ball team. I want to congradulate the kids for going out there today and playing solid football, in conditions that were awful at best. Eastern Michigan put up a few good drives, and our defense held strong when it counted most. I know Drake had an incredible game, both on offense and special teams, but I cannot emphasis enough how important it was for our defense to play the way they played today; helping us win both the turnover battle, and time of possession. I feel really good about our offense going into the rest of our conference schedule, and I do not see why we cannot finish strong and take this conference. I want to thank Eastern Michigan and coach Ken Karcher for a great game, it has an excellent group of players and I look forward to more football against his team." -OC Ken Mooney

• Like Like x 1
  3. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Week 9

Play of the Game
    K. Roberts 75 yrd recieving TD

Western Michigan: 30
    Ball State: 7

POG: K. Roberts, 3 rec, 124 yrds 1 TD

"Well we went out today knowing that Ball State was going to be tough. The plan was for us control the clock, limit turnovers and put the ball in the hands of our play makers. The 75 yard touchdown by Roberts was not in the original game plan, but State was stacking the box and shutting down the running game very well. I spoke with Carder while he was on the sideline and we thought a quick hit across the middle could put us good position; we did not necessarily expect a touchdown and it set us up real nicely for the rest of the game. I want to give credit to our offensive line, Winchester and Fields for taking control of our rushing attack when Drake left the game. I spoke with our medical staff and they said Drake suffered a mild concussion, the good news is we get this next week off, giving Drake some hard earned rest before we travel to Ohio to play Toledo. Moving forward its nice to know that we not only have depth at the running back position but our offensive line. It was my call to pull the starting o-linemen and Fields at the start of the 4th quarter and I was very pleased with what I saw from our second team. These boys are clicking real well as a unit, and we are excited for our time off but will keep Toledo in our sights for week 11. Thank you all very much and enjoy the rest of your weekend" OC Ken Mooney

• Like Like x 1
  4. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Week 11
    Western Michigan: 35
    Toledo: 7

POG: Drake 2 TD's, 164 yards
    Well, we had a long, long...very long week to prepare for this game and I am satisfied with the results. The challenge that we have faced week-in and week-out has been finding ways to execute with the known talent that we have and I am very proud of the front five and their ability to sustain blocks in the both the passing and running games. Drake had a terrific day rushing for 2 TD's, and I cannot say enough about Fields and Winchester, who continue to come into the games with limited reps and perform when we need them most. The passing game started off a little shakey and I have to give some credit to Ponder for maintaining his composure after throwing two interceptions. Just like every week, I have to congradulate Dave Cohen and his defense for putting together an excellent gameplan. Thank you for your time and GO BRONCOS!

5. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Week 12

Western Michigan: 43
    Miami OH: 40

POG: K Roberts 7 Rec, 126 yrds, 1 TD

Wow! what can I say, what a fantastic game of football we had this evening. First off I want to say what a great defense Miami OH brought to the field today; it pushed our buttons and tested our creativity. K. Roberts had an incredible game, 100 plus yards recieving and a TD grab, it is hard to believe the kid is only a freshmen, we look forward to utilizing his talents as his career progresses. We recognized that Miami focused on our rushing attack a lot, why wouldn't you? We had to make a few adjustments and I really gotta hand it to Carder for going out there and taking control of the offense with almost 400 yards passing. The training staff has taken a look at Drake, he suffered a bone bruise and should be fine for next weeks game against Akron. I mean, I really gotta hand it to the kid, even with a defense eye him the whole game, he was still able to pull of 90 something yards rushing and a TD. I am truely blessed to be with such a fantastic group of coaches and student athletes, I look forward to closing out the regular season against Akron and hopefully snatching that MAC Conference Trophy. Ya'all have a good night and Go Broncos!

6. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Week 13

Western Michigan: 49
    Akron:10

POG: T. Drake: 26 carries 207 yards 2 TD's

What a phenominal season and an even better closer for this ball club. the coaching staff drew up the gameplan but it was this group of incredible athletes that made this victory possible. Drake had another terrific game, rushing for over 200 yards and putting it in the endzone twice, I cannot describe in words how outstanding he is in the backfield. Though Drake has stolen a lot of the spot light this season, I have to mention Fields (RB), Carder (QB) and Roberts (WR). Fields took about 1/3 of the carriers this year and capitalized on his oppertunities (600+ yards and 9 TD's). Carder knew that the majority of the offense was going to be based off of ball control and he still put up nice numbers: 2611 yards, 23 TD's and 16 int's. Roberts, who by-the-way is a freshmen, became and instant success in our system: 800 yards recieving and 9 TD's. I am very, very pleased with what we have accomplished this regular season and I look forward to meeting the winner of the MAC East for a conference championship. We have next week off which should give us some time to rest and gameplan for our conference championship game. Go Bronco's!

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Congrats Mooney! I'm going to take on Temple tonight for the chance to square off with WMU in Detroit. If you're on, pull me into a party chat for an update if you want. Hoping to get to play my first user game of NCAA 12 soon.