The Cardinals Nest - Year 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachWest, Oct 15, 2010.

1. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

The Cardinals Nest - Year 1

The Cardinals yet again find themselves on the wrong end of a one score game falling to the 49ers 23-26. When asked about the 2 game skid that the Cardinals are recently involved in, Coach West had this to say.

" You know, we played 2 teams that are more than likely gogin to be in the playoffs this year, and they did what playoff teams do... they find a way to win the close games. I'm not going to say we went out there and gave it all we got, because well, I know we got a lot more to give. This team is trying to find itself right now. It looks like we may finally be playing some defense prior to these last 3 games we haven't been able to keep teams under 30 points all season, and now our last 3 games, including the 2 playoff teams, were kept under 30."

When asked about what he sees for the team for the remainder of the year and there on he commented.

"I see a team that your going to have to fight for every yard and every point, We play the rams next week which is another team headed for the playoffs this year, and we want to make sure they aren't lookign past us. We have the 49ers again and they also will know that, it isn't a time to hold anythign back, your gogin in there fighting again. As far as next year, I can honestly say that a lot of change is happening, not only for the guys who will be leaving this team, but also internally, the guys will be asked to do more than they have in the past, and I know for a fact that they can and will do it. Life and Football is not a sprint, it is a marathon, and the teams who are preparing for the long haul are going to enjoy the most success in this league."

Beaten yet not defeated Cardinals still have their eyes fixed on that goal, which in all reality, looks a step closer today....

Bruce Davis

2. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

New Cardinals Requiem Hits Season Low

After seeing some positive signs after the first 4 games of Coach West's tenure where they went 2-2 and held their own against soem tough competition, the Arizona Cardinals are now on a 4 game losing streak with the last 2 games HANDILY out of their reach. When Coach West was asked about his observations, and what he believes has happened, he had this to say. " Sometimes change can be a great igniter, we made a lot of changes the first few weeks we were here and as a result we had some passion going into our games... However, sometimes changing just isn't enough. You can't rely on the temporary excitement for too long. We had some guys a few weeks ago who were playing at a different level than they are now. They got caught up in the movement and forgot that we were still a team who was under 500. Now we have 3 games to go, and have an opportunity to close out strong. We have the last few games to intentify our indentity and build on it for the offseason. Thats really what it is all about.. Figuring out who you need to be and being the best at it... Make other teams stop you at your best... and at the end of the day... make sure they say to themselves, wow we needed to work harder than we thought to get them off of their game. We have 3 more games to figure out what that game involves"

looks like Coach west is feeling the pressure cooker a little bit... Time will tell what comes out when the lid comes off.

Bruce Davis