"The Career of Coach Matthew Walker"

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by IXI DECAY IXI, Nov 8, 2011.

1. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

"The Beginnings"

A small time High School coach from Fairhope, Alabama was sitting in his office one day when he received a phone call from the University of Tulane asking him if he was interested in a head coaching job. He quickly accepted the job and packed his bags and moved him and the family to New Orleans to take advantage of a once in a lifetime oppurtunity!

Two years later after leading the Tulane Green Wave to back to back bowl win seasons including a Conference Championship and a total record of 20-7, Walker has now made his first step into the spotlight with an offensive coordinator position from the University of Maryland.

2011 Season :: Tulane Green Wave - HC (0-0), Music City Bowl Champions
    2012 Season :: Tulane Green Wave - HC (0-0), Conference USA Champions, Liberty City Champions
    2013 Season :: Maryland Terrapins - OC (1-0)

2. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

3. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

"Statistics"

All statistics will be stored here...

4. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

"Walker the Reason for Stud QB Transfer?"
    2013 Season, Pre-Season

When coach Walker arrived on campus, star QB D.O'Brien turned in his transfer papers and left town for bigger and better things! An unknown source leaked that O'Brien stated that he would never play in coach Walker's offense and didn't believe it was known to be successful and there was no way it would work at our level of competition.

"I believe the real problem is that I'm an old school style coach who will pound the ball on the ground all day and I don't think he really wanted to play in a run oriented offense where he wouldn't be the star. We have plenty of talent at the quarterback position and they will all be taught how to effectively run my offense." - stated coach Walker.

Only time will tell if Maryland made the right call digging into a lower prestige conference but with a track record like Walker, it's hard not to think he will make some noise at Maryland and lead them to some successful seasons on offense for the time being.

Quarterback D.Burns is likely to be the starter on opening day with C.Brown close behind him. Both quarterbacks are very athletics and have a great ability at getting outside the pocket and can scramble when the time calls!