The Carousel and Job Security

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 18, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Jul 17, 2010
    Technically I did not get "fired" (laugh away...there's a point here). My contract was up (1yr) and they chose not to renew. I was at 50% approval rating at the time (thanks file corruption). Make jokes but be warned. if your contract runs out and you don't have a green light, good luck! There are some reports of pretty astonishing non-renewals and firings... so buckle up!

Contract Years

Warm Up the Interview Suit... You Suck!
    -Bonner, 39%, 2-3, With a 3 game stretch of tanner, smu, and weave... horrid coach + horrid team = 0% chance of Renewal

Toss Up, Should Get Renewal at Bad Program, but this is EA Sports... Good luck!
    -Mullen, 52%, 3-1, MAC schedule helps. Goose and VT don't. Up to coach at this point. Another 6-6 season might be scary. But not as scary as mullen's gay lisp.
    -Mormon, 57%, 2-2, No Boise but can he take down SDSU, Air Force, Fresno, and Nevada?. Will be close call... but either way, can Laramie handle another season of user-user INT disasters?

Total Horseshit if Fired!...But Ya Just Never Know, Do ya?
    -Tanner, 56%, 3-1, after bowl win at f-ing Tulane, security should be MUCH higher, but inconsistency haunts... so does cheerleading past
    -Plague, 66%, 3-1, coach keeps heating up! and the Sun Belt offers little in the way to block climb

You want to re-sign right now Coach?
    -Bulldog, 73%, 2-3, turned program around in 1 yr with bowl win and Arizona... ULL is his if he wants it! So is free whiskey and cheap transvestite hookers on the backroads of the bayou.

Non-Contract Year Coaching Notes:
    -Gramps and Goose sit at 47%... can they survive a losing record? Can Gramps simply survive another year of life?
    -Paul Wulff, Head Coach, Washington State, 1-5, 28% approval, team has the 120th ranked defense in the country. Does 1st yr O-coordinator (37th ranked Off) get the job? Reports are he f-ing hates Pullman.
    -They love "The Ravishing One" in San Jose. Who wouldn't? Nothing to see here folks... nothing except a passionate SJSU alum head coach who is reportedly in it for the long haul! Who cares if he sucks at actually coaching? We don't!
    -UTEP coach will be moving up, this is certain... but to where?
    • Like Like x 5
  2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Jul 29, 2010
    hot seat updated. pac12 has awful coaches.
  3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Jul 12, 2010
    man if BG doesn't rehire me with top 25 wins each year...I am going to be pissed.
  4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Jul 12, 2010
    2,833 did get fired. You got fired like a CEO does when he gets caught feeling up the help...either resign and go away quietly...or we are going to tell everyone what you did to that young, scared man
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

May 29, 2011
  6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Jul 8, 2009
    Great job! So I have been a bit busier at work this week, but I'm totally pumped and in this still and look forward to many more seasons fellas!
  7. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Nov 7, 2010
    Big roll this week, beating Oregon State 35-3 and WSU 35-14 in in the HOFL....hoping it carrys over to WKU vs Indiana....job security at 47%, despite being 2-2