The Cathedral (New) - Season 1, Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Sep 9, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced to Week 1!

Advance Schedule:
    -Sunday 6pmEST or
    -when 10/10 are ready

Notes:
    -tuning update added to compliment patch #2... all hope it fixes more than it breaks
    -tate forcier is on TBones rosters... sweet. because i didn't address, i have ok'd him to play this year (as tbone didnt redshirt him, wasnt sure what to do) cuz if he sits him all year he unfairly risks losing him to transfer again)
    -Weave is going to quit after Week 4 with that schedule... yikes and good luck
    -UNLV is about to experience Baptismal-like redemption! Thank you Jesus!
    -Bulldog says screw the Sun Belt, I'll go with the Big East... jury is out on which of those 2 leagues is actually more talented
    -Plague settles into the MAC. too bad he is the worst team and mullen/goose stepped up to better ones
    -Bonner tries to escape user-user games (wise) but gets scheduled with Heath week 3... loss coming
    -All new-look rosters mean 3 freshmen qbs and no carta samuels for mormon. fun, but will it work?
    -Luvtotha9s is simply an amazing person
    -Tbone and Bulldog scheduled as user-user matchup. Can the Whiskey Peddler knock The Ravishing One off his pedestal built of ego?
    -Coaches all as excited as 8-yr olds about a coaching carousel that might actually work, progress, and matter (while also realizing the chances of this being reality rest at about 0.3%)

Let's GO!!!!!!!

2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

this is like release day all over again. i am super excited. although before I can truly move on... RIP UTEP! 24-3 in two years, was building a Texas dynasty. I will shed a tear and move on to FAU where I will get my ass handed to me by Florida, Mich St and Auburn in the first three weeks. I will have the same number of losses in three weeks as I did in two years.

Bring It On!!! Let's Go Owls (I think that what they are.)!!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. vatechhokie01

P.S. Please everyone police how much you use the run a little bit. I have ZERO issue with running often and a lot. But it is clearly the easier portion of the game. You should never realistically have less than 12 to 15 passes a game... and that is obviously on the way low side. But we will have to adjust something if we as a league have like 7 of the top 10 rushers in the country

4. vatechhokie01

P.P.S. Russell Wilson is good. Didn't miss him in the old league one bit!

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

This is alot of the reason why I switched to a heavy passing spread.

6. vatechhokie01

1st Half Impressions (knowing its only one half):

The game plays much much much better. The option works. I used default sliders and the CPU actually missed a 45yd FG wide right. The threshhold (I did lower this to 35) makes CPU run game more effective. All the blocking seems better on both sides. The safety play seems MUCH improved. Much less big hits (I'm guessin tendencies messed with this a lot). I feel like I've seen probably 4 or 5 animations never seen before because of this. Very very very fun and improved. HUGE difference. Nice to see Russel Wilson actually run (whoa) and other guys play like their tendencies. Playbook is fine. And even more I wont' list. One half but VERY VERY impressed.

Only downsides:
    -running game is still too easy... we will simply need to make this tougher after Week 7 I'm guessing. But VERY fun... blocking better (LOVE the threshold difference on all players)
    -I'm up 10-7 at Wisconsin (which I was before as well and lost, but still... I'm not that good)
    -My RB went down for just a quarter. Remember folks, injuries last now!

7. vatechhokie01

P.S. I have a DT last name Allmangwilder. Badass. Pretty darn sure he didn't exist before. Love the rosters!!! And wow this game is playing better. Very excited (only to be dissapointed I'm sure)

8. vatechhokie01

damn you Russel Wilson... slow down.

9. vatechhokie01

holy. hell. i just ran an 80yd TD WR sweep. that has never happened in this dang game. so fun.

10. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

What about field goals? Or is the computer gonna kick 55 yarders with his eyes closed left footed and against the wind with ease?

11. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Cancel last message. I didn't read on!!!!!

12. vatechhokie01

just saw my first 15yd personal foul facemask of the year... nice.

13. vatechhokie01

blocking on returns is way better... maybe too good. just like demo, remember? i wonder if those tendencies really jacked everything up. totally different game. and again... this threshhold is perfect. magnifies wiskys speed without the crazy broken tackles. they are running very consistently and effectively but not stupid big plays.

14. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Custom playbooks....feedback from the my guys in the HOFL is that since the patch/tuning that when they play a game, their CPB has more formations than previous...it appears that the plays/formations that are already in as audibles as being counted again....I had 6 formations added to my CPB since the patch

So Commish can we have some flex in setting up CPBs...say within the first 3 games?

• Like Like x 1
  15. vatechhokie01

lost 20-17. most fun game I've played since owning the game. Felt unbelievable. But it is just one game.

UNLV
    QB: 5-13, 78yds, 0TDs, 2INTs
    HB: 16 rushes, 69yds, 4.3avg, 1TD

Wisconsin
    QB Wilson: 9-16, 108yds, 2TDs, 0INTs; 8 rushes, 51yds
    HB White: 13 rushes, 75yds, 5.7avg

Team Stats
    UNLV: 230yds offense, 78yds passing, 152yds rushing, 3 Turnovers
    WIsconsin: 255yds offense, 108yds passing, 147yds rushing, 0 Turnovers

T.O.P.
    UNLV 13:08
    Wisconsin 14:52

Solid Stats I'm thinking for first run at it!

16. vatechhokie01

17. Goose

Goose Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  18. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I policed it so much that Florida held me to negative rush yards. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Bulldog is a Pimm's cup to fancy of a drink to play NCAA12 with?

20. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Good first half, made a Corpse reviver #2 to lead me to victory.

21. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Close game 17-13 loss at Texas A&M. Had one last shot fourth and four from the 39 yard line and had a man open but was sacked, they brought the house and i could not pull the trigger fast enough.

22. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Toledo beats up on the FCS douche bags...1st string was out in the first qtr. Started kneeling on the ball in the third...please never schedule this for me again.

plus note, i have a 90 ovr wr....Junior

23. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

...and i see why you let me keep the FCS school...

#6 Ohio St
    #8 Boise St
    Syracuse
    then back to back user games....

I might be 1-5 after the first 6 weeks, love it....

24. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Lost 34-13. Had a 10-7 lead at the half. I really missed some opportunities early. I picked off Florida 3 times in the half. There score came off a fumble recovery for a td. Florida came out in the second half and controlled the game. Pretty fun game though.

My freshman qb played well. 14-30, 210, 1 td, 1 int. Couldn't run out of the spread to save my life. Florida's DLine was just too good and quick for it.

Watch out Sun Belt. FAU is here.

25. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

E Michigan blew out FCS school. Had both second string offense and defense in at the third quarter.

Thank god for the injury fix!! I lost my second string RB to a broken vertebrae. Out for the season!!!

of course transfer failed at the end of the game so no game recap showed up.

• Like Like x 1