The Cathedral Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Sep 12, 2011.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Toledo Rockets have signed their first recruit under Coach Mullen.
    ***WR Jeff Browning picked the Rockets over Miami U and BG. A decent size and speed wr with on par hands and jumping. Jeff will be redshirted to put some meat on his bones.

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Toledo Rockets welcome three more players into the winning tradition...First, *** #70 DE Roger Williams chose Toledo over offers from Kent State and CMU. Williams will provide depth at the position, nothing more than that...
    *** ATH #62 Nick Burke also signed with Toledo, great speed...nothing else. Will probably be a WR but I would imagine the only time he sees the field would be running back kicks. * #64 overall FB Craig Burnette also signed with Toledo, since switching from the spread, Toledo didn't have a FB on the roster. Here Burnetter looks to start from the beginning.

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

EMU welcomes their first recruit of the year this week. Brian Johnson, a 3 star #61 overall Athlete! How bad this team is at RB right now, he might be a starter his Freshman year.

4. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent State has signed a one star cornerback. Not much to say about him really, would be surprised if he is on the team next year.

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

uhhh, he'll have to be on the team next year as we don't cut players.

6. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

yea, to reiterate, especially for Pro and jeremy:

you better read the rules. sign over 70 players and you are in touble by the NCAA (re: Brandon). And we don't cut. So basically, you should always have 70, unless you are amazing like me and won the Cathedral Bingo Hall and rewarded 2 extra schollies by Goose!

7. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

FAU SNAGS 3 STAR QB

Donovan Weaver, 6-4 QB out of Wellington, FL. commits to Owls. Weaver is the nephew of head coach Ryan Weaver. Weaver is ranked #84 at his position and is a three star player. Coach Weaver likes his mix of size and athleticism to run their spread style attack.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Thanks for humoring me Weave, I can always count on you...

The Toledo Rockets welcomed a gaggle of players into the fold since our last update:
    #115 HB Kevin Finley, B+ speed, may see the feild a little as a freshman, probable second-third string
    #125 WR Tony Jones, B+ speed, C- catching and a good route runner, could be an impact WR....in two years
    #162 OLB Grant Logan, a 2 star OLB, provides depth but with B+ speed and ACC, he is a fast edge rusher
    #117 CB Eric Barnes, Speedy and will punch you in the mouth, will shut down his side of the field as a JR
    #49 FB Mike Barrett, he is a FB, thats where he will play
    #69 SS Danny James, depth mostly, we have another recruit at SS close to signing, dont tell his parents
    #113 CB Justin Clement, the duo of Barnes and Clement allows Coach Mullen to focus elsewhere for a few years
    #24 K Brian Harris, I hate recruiting Kickers, this guy looks to be dogshit

There you have it folks, that took me 4 minutes, get your shit together

9. vatechhokie01

are these like all 5-stars, or 3-stars or walk-ons or what?

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

3...and a few 1's

11. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent State would like to announce the following commits.

Curtis Fields- C 6'2" 282 lbs 2 Star Comment: Average blocking ability.

Tucker Davis- RB 6' 194 lbs 2 Star Comment: Game says he is a power back, but he has B speed.

Nick Bennett- C 6'6" 315 lbs 2 star Comment: Has better run block footwork than Fields.

Jacob James- DE 6'3" 259 lbs 2 star Comment: Will be used against the run.

Dennis Louis- P 6' 211 lbs 1 star Comment: Not much to say. He's a punter.

Ryan Brown- ATH 6'1" 240 lbs 3 star Comment: Looks to be a cornerback perhaps.

Oliver Jefferson- DT 6' 294 lbs 3 star Comment: Looks like an average player.

DeShawn Rhodes- G 6'3" 305 lbs 2 star Comment: Average blocker. Could see time early.

Chris Hughes- TE 6'4" 228 lbs 2 star Comment: Will be a blocking TE.

12. vatechhokie01

I signed a ton of dudes... all 3 stars and all awesome. Minus the 3-week debacle (now assured to replace the excuse of the "file transfer" debacle), my team is headed up!

13. vatechhokie01

I ended up... at freaking UNLV... signing like 15 3-stars (only 2 of them phantom signings). I'm pumped. Team jumped from 69OVR to a 74OVR and my QB took a HUGE leap forward. Bring on the mighty MWC.

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Two New Turtles

Maryland welcomes two incoming recruits, one on each side of the ball. First, 4 star HB Brandon Smith, the #23 ranked running back signs outta New Jersey. Nothing flashy, has some power and may be the thunder these Terapins need. Also, a big need is filled with 3 star DT Luke Woods, the 68th DT. Depth right away, hell ya never know

15. vatechhokie01

I"m in trouble. little interest. will have to create it baby!

16. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

John Black, 4 star #13 overall DE commits to EMU this week. EMU's first 4 star athlete signing in many years! Will start opposite of freshman phenom Ervin Fox. Next years DL of EMU is going to be sick!

• Like Like x 2
  17. vatechhokie01

^^^how in the world? lmao

18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Scooter for the win!

19. Pro

Pro Walk On

I'm telling you guys right now, he's cheating. I will be calling the NCAA soon.

20. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Week 13 is almost here! Bring on Kent St!