The Coach Watch -- Who is #1 -- 2012

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by InfiniteMTX, Aug 14, 2011.

1. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Greetings coaches, fans, and all of the FBS schools in the country. The OP Press would like to thank you all for your support. We work hard to bring you the most up to date information and the weekly analysis, while determining the OP Press Coach of the Year. Our inaugural season was both intense and controversial, but, we believe the right man was named Coach of the Year. So, on that note, we want to encourage all of the participants to do their best. 2012 looks like it's going to be a phenomenal season.

2. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coaches Watch - Week 1

1.[​IMG] What a difference a year makes. In the 2012 kickoff classic Penn State outlasts the defending national champion South Carolina Gamecocks 31-28. Penn State took a 24-7 halftime lead before the Gamecocks made a furious rally. With Ohio State getting smacked around, the Lions look like the early team to beat in the Big 10.
    2.[​IMG] Oregon looks like a team on a mission. Right out the gates the Ducks smash Big 10 favorite Ohio State 42-17. Nobody beats Ohio State like that, so this Oregon bunch might be even more special than last years 2nd place finishers. However, there's one problem. Like last year their schedule is cake. Will they be at the top of their game at the end of the season after multiple games in cupcake city. Last year this proved to be the Ducks undoing.
    3.[​IMG] Coach xassassin is the hottest coach in the country. After a rough start to begin last season the Bulldogs finished the regular season in the Top 10. Now they've smacked arguably the best team in the ACC. Although, it is still very early, next weeks game against Penn State could have national championship implications.
    4.[​IMG] The 'Tide was hardly impressive on Saturday's escape against Utah. I guess you can say the object of the game is to win, which Alabama did. But, when your team is far superior to the other team, then thats something to read into. Trent Richardson returned to steer the 'Tide to a national championship. Anything less will be deemed as a huge failure, bringing into question the abilities of head coach Magoo. He has the best team In the nation, he just seems to have problems getting them to play like it.
    5.[​IMG] Miami and Coach Reality survived a major scare against an extremely mediocre Cal team. I don't think this was an aberration though. The 'Canes have major quarterback concerns. Is Stephen McGee really ready to visit the Horse Shoe and the Buckeyes next week. Nope. It might end Ugly
    6.[​IMG] Matt Barkley looked All-World while carving up LSU. But we're going to hold the praises for Coach PNC's Trojans. WHy? Because we seen it all before. USC smashes the not so good teams, and then folds against the upper echelon teams. Next week they host Florida State in their first true test of the season. Offensive explosion - YES. Win, not likely.
    7.[​IMG] Can't say anyone seen this one coming. South Carolina began their title defense on the road in Happy Valley. Someone kill the scheduler. Lattimore went off, but All-world wide receiver Alshon Jeffries was held to 2 catches. Although they won't go undefeated, the Gamecocks are still in the national championship race.
    8.[​IMG] We like Jordan Wynn, we really do! His comeback from injury was one of the best stories of 2011. But it seems like he's just one of those kids who just can't get over the hump. Utah lost to #1 Alabama 18-13. That's a game your Sr. All-American quarterback is supposed to pull out, making him a legend in Utah. Well, the Utes can't say they didn't have a chance.
    9.[​IMG] Once labeled the angriest team in America, the real Florida State Seminoles have shown. These guys actually are just bullies. Florida Stumbled down the stretch last year, and that hangover seems to have followed them into the 2012 season. The bad part is that ACC play hasn't even started yet. Although it's still early, it's never to early for OP Press predictions. There will be no national championship in Tallahassee this year.
    10.[​IMG] Gulp!Was that Coach GWILL on the Buckeye sideline. It sure didn't look like it. The Buckeyes have lost 2 straight to the Ducks, but this one wasn't even close, losing 42-17. Good thing they suffered this defeat in week one, giving the Buckeyes time to regroup. They can still find themselves in the National Championship game, just not with the team that lost this saturday.
    11.[​IMG] Zach Mettenberger has 1 career touchdown passes and 17 interceptions. This kid was one of the highest rated prospects in the country coming out of high school. He can't be this bad. LSU is dismantled on opening day 45-7 in a game they were supposed to make a statement. I guess they did make a statement, just not the one we were expecting.
    12.[​IMG] bye

!!!!!!! Current standings!!!!!!
    #-Team------ pts ------ BEST WINS --------------------------------BAD LOSSES
    1. Penn St -- 13 --------- SC ---------------------------------------- none
    2. Oregon --- 11 --------- OSU -------------------------------------- none
    3. Georgia --- 10 --------- FSU -------------------------------------- none
    4. Alabama --- 9 --------- Utah ------------------------------------- none
    5. Miami ------ 8 ------------------------------------------------------ none
    6. USC -------- 7 ------------------------------------------------------ none
    7. Carolina --- 6 ------------------------------------------------------ none
    8. Utah ------- 5------------------------------------------------------- none
    9. Fla St ------ 4 ------------------------------------------------------ none
    10. Ohio St -- 3 -------------------------------------------------------L 42-17 Ore
    11. LSU ------ 2 -------------------------------------------------------L45 - 7 USC
    12. Clemson - 1 ------------------------------------------------------ none

3. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

There's more to the story. That's all I'm going to say.

4. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coaches Watch - Week 2
    1.[​IMG] The sleeping giant has arisen. Alabama stunk bad last week against UTAH, but, boy do Coach MaGoos' boys bounce back well. The ' Tide dismantled the defending ACC Champion Clemson Tigers 33-10. The 'Tide play Oklahoma State in what could be a good game, but no one cared about that one. The game the whole nation wants to see is Georgia @ Alabama in 6 weeks.
    2.[​IMG] At the beginning of the season Penn State was ranked #42 in the polls. After 2 games they have jumped up to #12. 1st the win over South Carolina caught everyones attention, Now this thriller over Georgia and teams are starting to worry. The bad part about it is that they weren't impressive in either win. Coach Infinit says his men still have a way to go.
    3.[​IMG] After a slow start on opening week, Coach eberddeber responded with a resounding victory. Not only did the Tigers win, but they did it spectacular fashion to defeat Utah 24-21. KUDOS to the whole university. Now lets string some wins together.
    4.[​IMG] Coach GWILLS troops rebounded after their drowning at the hands of the Ducks. I won't say they are well or played well because the Buckeyes have some offensive identity concernes. Who's the top man t running back. Is this the right quarterback to lead this team. I think that Oregon loss still lingers and these Buckeyes are lacking in the confidence department.
    5.[​IMG] Florida State rebounded from their handy loss against Georgia to smack USC 30-10. This is what we expect of Florida State to beat a good but not as good coached team. We don't want the Seminoles to do what they are supposed to do. We want them to do what their not supposed to. upset a better team, However, it takes coaching to do that, soooo...
    6.[​IMG] Coach xassassin is one tough customer, and his Georga Bulldogs play just like their leader. It's like having 22 watchdogs on the field at all times. They don't give you an inch. Their 14-13 loss at home to Penn State was a game for tough guys only. No one really lost, I think both teams come out on top from this game and might meet again in a major January bowl.
    7.[​IMG] Miami ledd Ohio State in the 4th quarter and let one slip away. Ohio State took the lead with 7 mins left but the, Canes couldn't muster anything.. The 'Canes mustered a 4 point win, now they squander a 4 point loss. Coach reality is doing his best to keep this team swimming, but I have the feeling it's slooooly siiinking!
    8.[​IMG] I hate to say this. But I think Coach Infifnt and Penn State has ruined the Gamecocks. Equipped with two of the two top players at their positions and a hungry and nasty defense, reigning Coach of the Year Cocky Marine has been thoroughly outcoached on consecutive weekends. It's one thing to lose a game, its another to be the king knocked of the mountain by your nemisis. Then the next week the refs gave up 44 points for your team so they lost to #2 Wisconsin. My how the tables turn. Coach Cocky vowed they would rebound after the Penn State loss, and that did'nt happen. This could very easily turn into career defining season. Maybe the lucky straw drawing one hit wonders is actually a true statement.
    9.[​IMG] There is nothing else to say about the Utah team. Coach PNC's bunch will let you down every time. This LSU loss has to be an all time low. Things are so dismall in Utah right now that I've been hearing grumblings that PNC has received contact from the Big East, and Notre Dame, and his AD approved of the talks. I think the writing's on the wall.
    10.[​IMG] Well Clemson, I'd say you caught Alabama at the wrong time. They had a dismal 1st week and a breakout game was soon going to come. Unfortunately, it had to be against you. No shame in getting smacked around by Alabama. They are the best team in the country. Your still in the ACC title hunt, but, the sad thing is you all have losses. I can't say the ACC is any better than the Pac 12. Right now, I have to say Florida State is the cream of the ACC crop, even though Clemson is the defending champion.
    11. [​IMG] Last week, we held the praise for Matt Barkley and the USC Trojans. Why? Because we knew what the headlines would say. USC cannot play with the upper echelon teams, or, if they can, they will somehow find a way to lose. Coach Cuddy refuses to fire his cousin Ron Ron as his defensive coordinator, so the Trojans don't have a clue on defense..still.
    12. [​IMG] bye

1.!!!!!!! Current standings!!!!!!

#-Team-- ---- pts ---- -- BEST WINS -----------------Worst Losses

1. Penn St ----- 24 --------- SC ,GA---------------------- ------- none

2. Alabama ---- 22 --------- Utah,Clem-------------------------- none3.​

4. Georgia ----- 17 --------- FSU --------------------------------- none5.​

6. Miami ------- 14 --------------------------------------- --------- none

7. Oregon ----- 12 --------- OSU --------------------------------- none

6. Fla St ------- 12 ----------USC --------------------------------- none

7.Ohio St ------ 12 ----------Mia -----------------------------------L 42-17 Ore

8. LSU --------- 12 ------ --- Utah ------------------ ---------- ---L45 - 7 USC

9. Carolina ----- 11 ------------------------------------------------ none

10. USC --------- 9 ------------------------------------------------- L30-10 FSU

11. Utah -------- 9--------------------------------------------------- none

12. Clemson ---- 4 ------------------------------------------------- L33-10 Ala

5. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coaches Watch - Week 3
    1. [​IMG] Huge win by Clemson at Penn State 42-35. This was a must win by the Tigers, keeping them relevant in the national polls. Coach Clay came up with a masterful strategy, keeping the Lions off balance and playing from behind. This win should catapult this Tiger program into a magical season, however, we know better. Last year this team was up and down so look for more of the same. Last week, smacked by 'Bama, this week, outlast Penn State. Next week..... I see a close loss at home against Georgia.
    2. [​IMG]The #1 team in the nation looked explosive in their 41-28 win over #12 Oklahoma St. We don't see a loss coming anytime soon. So, what more can we say than 'Roll Tide.
    3. [​IMG] Coach GWILL and the Buckeyes survived a major scare against USC in a 19-16 overtime win. A game in which the Buckeyes were thoroughly outplayed. 1st was a drubbing against Oregon, then they snuck past Miami, now they stumble past a mediocre USC team. This version of Ohio State is not right, at least, not what we're accustomed to seeing. After a bye comes Notre Dame..... look for Ohio State to catapult The Fighting Irish back into the national spotlight.
    4. [​IMG] Utah beats Miami. Does this mean that Coach PNC isn't abandoning ship after the season ends. ...UH!...No!. PNC's outta there. You really think he stays without Wynn?
    5. [​IMG] Contrary to popular notion, I really like Oregon and Coach Divine. I still don't see how they blew the national championship game against South Carolina...have you seen the Gamecocks (0-3). A team they were definitely better than. It's early in the season....but this season looks eerily similar to last year. The Duck start out hot, don't play anyone for two months, then lose the national championship.....Yep, it's gonna happen the exact same way. This time against........... it's too early for all that!
    6. [​IMG] Florida State smacks Maryland..... I think we discussed this team last week. Until they get a big win, I can't write about the Seminoles.. I've said all I can say!
    7. [​IMG] Eeerrrrhhhh. Hit the breaks! We were just praising coach xassassin and his Georgia Bulldogs as the next big thing in college football. After last saturday's debacle..... we still think the Bulldogs could be destined for great things. Somehow the referee's think they are destined for greatness too, giving the Bulldogs a win over a hugely disappointing South Carolina team. Although SC is down, this game was a travesty. Sometime you have to wonder about peoples integrity, especially college football referee's.
    8. [​IMG] This might be the greatest fall from grace of all time. Defending SEC and National Champion South Carolina is 0-3. Although, we must give Coach Cocky some credit, last weeks loss to Georgia was not his nor his teams fault. This team has a lot of fight in them. So, we're not gonna kick them when their down, cause SC's gonna kick back..... HARD! My crystal ball tells me that SC turns their season around and finishes tied for 1st in the SEC east with Georgia...... But Georgia goes to the SEC championship game.
    9. [​IMG] Penn State loses a shootout to Clemson 42-35 in Happy Valley. What happened to that vaunted Penn State defense. It was bad, really bad. So bad that Coach Infinit has revamped the defense and benched his starting free safety. Coach Infinit has guaranteed that the Lions win out....that means wins over Ohio State and Alabama....I don't know!
    10. [​IMG]USC found a way to lose, this time in overtime. this team cannot put a complete on for nothing. Usually the Offense shows up and the defense is MIA. This time the defense shows up and the offense shows up, but they can't punch it in. They booted 3 field goals against Ohio State, just not in overtime when they needed one.
    11. [​IMG] Keep fighting LSU!
    12. [​IMG] I think Miami and Florida State are the same teams. As a matter of fact, I think the ACC is just 1 football team that dresses in different uniforms and plays against itself. This is the most inconsistent conference in all of college football...... Clemson probably beats Miami in the ACC championship game again, and again, and again, and again........

1. Alabama ---- 33 --------- Utah,Clem,OkSt------------------- none

2. Penn St ----- 28 --------- SC ,GA---------------------- ------- none

3. Georgia ----- 23 --------- FSU,SC------------------------------ none

4. Ohio St ------ 22 ----------USC---------------------------------L 42-17 Ore

5. Oregon ------ 20 --------- OSU --------------------------------- none

6. Fla St -------- 19 ----------USC --------------------------------- none

7. Utah --------- 18------------------------------------------------ none

8. Clemson ---- 17 ----------PSU---------------------------------- L33-10 Ala

9. Carolina ----- 16 ------------------------------------------------ none

10. Miami ------ 15 ------------------------------------- --------- none

11. LSU -------- 14 -------- Utah ------------------ ---------- ---L45 - 7 USC

12. USC ---------12------------------------------------------------- L30-10 FSU

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

South Carolina is in the SEC :)

7. gwill

What was the point of ranking us #3 if we were just going to get slammed. I would rather just been ranked last.

8. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

That's DeAngelo Vickers style, haven't figured that out yet?

9. gwill

I figured b/c two weeks in a row OSU "got lucky" by his reports when in both games for the most part OSU was in control. That's cool though, we'll be the lucky team that keeps finding ways to win. Also, he didnt get the memo about Oregon.

10. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

What memo, it was more of a cliffhanger post lol

11. C Young

C Young Walk On

Clay, I want Infinite next year, Happy Valley or the Coliseum wherever....if its the Coliseum the lambs will be led to slaughter and we will leave with Infinite's head on a sword. If its the Valley, we'll come in and club coach JoePa with our dongs and roll out in style! I just wanna teach him exactly what the definition of mediocre is :)

12. gwill

As long as the OSU/USC rivalry continues, go ahead and school Penn St.

13. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

u right typo

14. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

It was still a good solid win

15. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coaches Watch - Week 4
    1. [​IMG]
    2.[​IMG]
    3.[​IMG]
    4. [​IMG]
    5. [​IMG]
    6. [​IMG]
    7.[​IMG]
    8. [​IMG]
    9.[​IMG] bye​
    10.[​IMG] bye​
    11. [​IMG] bye​
    12.[​IMG] bye​

1. Alabama ---- 40 --------- Utah,Clem,OkSt------------------- none

5. Oregon ------ 30 --------- OSU -------------------------------- none

2. Penn St ----- 29 --------- SC ,GA---------------------- ------- none

9. Carolina ----- 29 -----------FSU-------------------------------- none

8. Clemson ---- 28 ----------PSU,Ga------------------------------ L33-10 Ala

6. Fla St -------- 25 ----------USC --------------------------------- none

3. Georgia ----- 24 --------- FSU,SC------------------------------ none

11. LSU -------- 23 -------- Utah ------------------ ---------- ---L45 - 7 USC

4. Ohio St ------ 23 ----------USC---------------------------------L 42-17 Ore

10. Miami ------ 20 ------------------------------------- --------- none

12. USC ---------20------------------------------------------------- L30-10 FSU

7. Utah --------- 19------------------------------------------------ none

16. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I have officially taken over the UGA team. Our former coach was caught in a sex scandal and I've been named interim coach to get this program back in the right direction. This season is my interview so hopefully all goes well and I'm back as head coach next year.

17. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coaches Watch - Week 6
    1.[​IMG] LSU dismantles #5 Auburn 45-12 to storm into the Top 25 polls, entering at #17. Most unbelievably, was Zach Mettenberger throwing 0 interceptions. LSU has finally gotten over the hump, and improved into a contender in the SEC. Currently, the Tigers are tied for first in the SEC west.
    2.[​IMG] Ok Ohio State, you shut us up for a week. We picked Notre Dame to return to prominence against you guys. I can admit when i'm wrong. After next weeks bye Coach GWILL's group travels to Happy Valley to take on an angry Nittany Lion team... that's the game when the Buckeyes send an opponent to prominence! PSU 34-17
    3.[​IMG] Congratulations to the Clemson Tigers, your 2012 ACC champions. Bet your house and your kids tuition on it!
    4.[​IMG] Oregon smacks a PAC 12 cellar dweller.
    5.[​IMG] USC smacks a PAC 12 cellar dweller.
    6.[​IMG] Utah smacks a PAC 12 cellar dweller.
    7.[​IMG] Oh so close Florida State. This was basically the ACC Championship game and the Seminoles come up short, again. All coach BigKinng's bunch had to do was win this one game and they would have been ACC champs (yea, they would beat Miami). My how the folks in Tallahassee miss the Bowden days!
    8.[​IMG] In the surprise of the week #1 Alabama is upset in Arkansas 42-35. This team had been underachieving all year, so we can't say we didn't see a loss coming. Trent Richardson has to be disgusted, as the 'Tide may have lost their national championship hopes. That being the only reason he returned for his senior season.
    9.[​IMG] Penn State gets destroyed 44-14 in a home game against Wisconsin. Two weeks ago Coach Infinit guaranteed that the Lions would win out. This coach is a funny guy. Not only did they not win out, but he benched QB Matt McGloin again. I'm beginning to think it's the coach and not the QB. Very disappointing loss.
    10.[​IMG] bye
    11.[​IMG] bye
    12.[​IMG] bye

1. Alabama ---- 45 --------- Utah,Clem,OkSt------------------- none

2. Oregon ------ 39 --------- OSU -------------------------------- none

3. Clemson ---- 38 ----------PSU,Ga,FSU------------------------ L33-10 Ala

4. LSU -------- 36 -------- Utah,Aub--------------- ---------- ---L45 - 7 USC

5. Ohio St ------ 34 ----------USC---------------------------------L 42-17 Ore

6. Penn St ----- 33 --------- SC ,GA---------------------- ------- L 42-14 Wisc

7. Fla St -------- 31 ----------USC -------------------------------- none

8. Carolina ----- 30 -----------FSU-------------------------------- none

9. USC ----------28------------------------------------------------- L30-10 FSU

10. Utah --------26------------------------------------------------ none

11. Georgia ---- 25 --------- FSU,SC----------------------------- none

12. Miami ------ 21 ------------------------------------- --------- none

18. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Yea, i counted all the Ga games for you so you can pick up where the other guy left off.