The Coach Watch--Who is No. 1

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by InfiniteMTX, Jul 17, 2011.

1. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

1.[​IMG] Ohio State Gave up over 600 yards and 45 points to USC in California, and won. Without Terrell Pryor. Enough said. Hands down coach of the week!

2.[​IMG] A furious 21 point 4th quarter lifted Coach PNC's Utah team over Miami. Utah showed poise and determination and an unwavering belief in their program. If not for a legendary performance by Ohio State, Coach PNC would have been coach of the week!

3. [​IMG] Coach BigKing and Seminoles looked like the most ferocious and well prepared team in week 1. Florida State embarrassed #14 TCU 48-14, giving up 216 total yards. Though the offense wasn't prolific the D was devastating.

4.[​IMG] Coach Magoo and the Crimson Tide looked nothing like a national championship contender in their season opener. Though the score 45-17 might say otherwise, this was a very close game. 2 pick sixes in the 4th quarter sealed this one for Alabama. Both Alabama and Virginia Tech looked pretty mediocre in week 1.

5.[​IMG] Coach xassassin and Georgia gave forth a thrilling yet very inconsistent effort. The Bulldogs rallied to tie the game with a 24 point 3rd quarter, which is quite remarkable. However, this came after the Bulldogs gave up 24 point in the 2nd quarter. Bulldogs are definitely talented, but also
    very undisciplined!

6.[​IMG] South Carolina and Coach Cocky escaped an almost disastrous week 1. Playing at home, Stephen Garcia was terrible, as many expected he might be, giving up 3 interceptions, including a 3rd quarter pick six. Thank god for their running game. Although the Gamecocks ended up with the win, their coaching staff has there work cut out for them, as they will only go as far as the inconsistent Garcia takes them. Can Coach Cocky corral his unpredictable star?

7.[​IMG] Coach Infinit's troops were very uneven under their 1st year coach. In a game they should have dominated, PSU scored the winning touchdown with 1 second left in the game to prevent overtime. 4 turnovers on offense, and at least 5 big plays given up by their defense resulted in a very inconsistent season opener for the Lions.

8.[​IMG]

9.[​IMG] Classic meltdown by the Hurricanes. Coach Reality's Miami team took a 6 point lead into the 4th quarter, only to watch the Utes score 3 unanswered touchdowns. Miami tried to rally, but it was too little too late

10.[​IMG] Coach BigCuddy and the high powered Trojan offense racked up 600+ yards and scored 45 points and lost to Ohio State at home. This was one of the worst defensive performances ever. The Trojan defense couldn't stop a nose bleed if their whole bodies were wrapped in gauze and then mummified. Terrible! Oh....And Terrell Pryor doesn't play college football anymore. Terrible is downgraded to Horrific!

11.[​IMG] LSU was just down right ill prepared and over confident. The Tigers were stunned by unranked Boston College 28-14, committing 7 turnovers. Yea, 7. Coach eberdeeber has his work cut out for him, this might be the most talented yet most undisciplined team in the nation!

12. [​IMG] bye

2. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Point scoring system
    1 =13
    2 = 11
    3 = 10
    4 = 9
    5 = 8
    6 = 7
    7 = 6
    8 = 5
    9 = 4
    10 = 3
    11 = 2
    12 = 1

Point scoring and final Coaches vote will determine Coach of the year!

I also think winning coach of the year should be rewarded with another 5 star recruit!

3. pnc

pnc Walk On

looks good. I like the idea. Not that ill be able to win it.

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

InfiniteMTX and GWill=

• Like Like x 1
  5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Its funny you of all people say that...seeing as you're the only one who brings my name and stats up. You chose me #1, not the other way around.

6. C Young

C Young Walk On

Haha, how does a game that goes into OT produce the #1 and #10 coach? I went up against the champ, albeit without Terrelle Pryor, and almost pulled off the upset. I got a feeling I'll be climbing up those coaches rankings in no time :).

• Like Like x 1
  7. C Young

C Young Walk On

Also, how was it one of the worst defensive performances? His QB threw for under 300 yds - I just screwed up with 3 INTs to give him good field position.

8. C Young

C Young Walk On

I guess....I gave up 256 yds passing and 142 rushing while throwing for 494 and rushing for 163 - that doesn't seem too disgraceful. Adding return yardage to that is just retarded, but the game counts total yards....if anything it highlights my special teams as being terrible. You do the math :)

9. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

I knock off the #8 team in the nation with the unranked Bulldogs and im more than halfway down the list? A little bias because I am new to the dynasty or what? I know I have a bad first half, but I made adjustments with a much less talented team and came back to win it...Im sure I'll be climbing up this list soon.

10. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Yeah infinite, but I did this as an unranked team. All of this other teams started with ranked teams to begin with, so it's not as big of an upset as mine since I was nor even in the top 25. I took a much less skilled team, and beat Boise. Yeah I had a poor second quarter, but did you see the entire second half? I COACHED my team during halftime and fixed my defensive problems, and did not allow them into the endzone once. I made adjustments, and that's what COACHING is all about. Adjusting to what the other team is doing, and making it an advantage for your own team.

11. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

LOL...you beat him into submission assassin, good job. OK now I'm pissed, I got jumped in the polls 24 hours after they came out :(

12. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coach watch - Week 2

1.[​IMG] Who knew they played defense in Corvallis. In their season opener Oregon blasts #14 LSU 54-0, holding the Tigers to under 200 yards on offense. Coach Divine and the Ducks look like the early favorites to land a spot in the title game!
    2.[​IMG] Coach BigKing and Seminoles looked like the most ferocious and well prepared team in week 1. Well, now we know this team is for real. The Seminoles destroyed, embarrassed, and befuddled the #11 ranked South Carolina Gamecocks. Thompson's 97 yard TD run was epic, As he broke 3 tackles, making the Gamecocks look like a little league team. FSU harassed beleaguered South Carolina QB Stephen Garcia, forcing him to throw 5 INT's. Oregon might land a spot in the national championship game, but right now Florida State is the team to beat.
    3.[​IMG] Coach Infinit's Penn State Nittany Lions are 2-0 after their second win against a ranked opponent. In defeating #6 Oklahoma State the Lions displayed poise and the uncanny ability to come from behind late in the game for the win. Two weeks in a row PSU was down late in the 4th qtr only to rally for epic wins. WR Shawney Kersey scored with 9 seconds left to down the Cowboys 34-31. Very well coached team in Happy Valley!

4.[​IMG] They ran it, threw it, picked it, forced it. Coach Clay and the Clemson Tigers completely outplayed, out hussled, out willed, and out coached the Georgia Bulldogs, smashing them 38-10. The Florida State game in 3 weeks could be for the Atlantic Division crown.​

5.[​IMG]Coach Magoo and the Crimson Tide put on a solid performance against Utah. Although, not spectacular, the performance was dominant. Just a well run game plan from a well coached team.
    6.[​IMG] The hurricanes rebounded well after last week's dismal performance. Although they beat an unranked and inferior opponent, nothing gets a team back on track better than a win. Good coaching performance by Coach Reality and his staff. They played good hard physical football against a conference foe to keep their division title hopes alive.

8. [​IMG] Coach PNC's Utah was dominated by a superior Alabama team. Although they lost to a far better team, kudos to the Utes for keeping the score respectable, It coulda been much worse.
    7.[​IMG] Coach xassassin was completely out-coached in a matchup of even teams. Last weeks 24 point second qtr was not an aberration. The Bulldogs have major concerns,​
    9.[​IMG] Coach BigCuddy and the high powered Trojan offense racked up 600+ yards and scored 45+ points and lost to Ohio State ...no Texas!...at home again! This is the exact same game two weeks in a row from the Trojans. Once again their defensive execution was non-existant. This was one of the worst defensive performances ever. The Trojan defense couldn't stop a nose bleed if their whole bodies were wrapped in gauze and then mummified. USC is 0-2 because their lack of defensive coaching and execution!
    10. [​IMG] Stephen Garcia!!!........Garcia wasn't a big fan of the 'Old Ball Coach, and apparently he's not a fan of Coach Cocky (Spurrier Disciple). Garcia has 8 INT's after the 1st two games. This one ends ugly!
    11.[​IMG] Coach eberdeeber is 0-2 in his first two collegiate games. 1st was a loss to unranked Boston College. Now comes an embarrassing 54-0 loss to #4 Oregon. Last week LSU was just down right ill prepared and over confident. This week I don't believe they held a single practice. The Tigers threw 7 interceptions. It's time to look to next year Coach, lets see what the underclassmen can do.
    12. [​IMG] bye

!!!!!!! Current standings!!!!!!
    #-Team-pts -
    1. FSU - 21
    2. Ala - 17
    3. PSU - 16
    4. UTAH - 16
    5. Clem - 14
    6. Ore - 14
    7. OSU - 14
    8. Ga - 14
    9. Mia - 11
    10 SC - 10
    11. USC - 7
    12. LSU - 4
    These standings consist of only the writers votes. The coaches vote will also factor into the final ballots!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Clay can this be stickied

14. C Young

C Young Walk On

Looks like I'm gonna have to switch my base defense to make up for these 2 lackluster performances.

15. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coach Watch is updated

16. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coach Watch - Week 3
    1. [​IMG] 1 week after annihilating LSU 54-0, Oregon halts the nations longest winning streak, defeating the 2-time defending champion Ohio State Buckeyes 9-6. Thats right, Oregon has given up a total of 6 points in the last 2 weeks against 2 top 20 opponents. Coach Divine's Ducks look like the best coached team in the nation. This defense could be an all-time great one!

2. [​IMG] 3 games, 3 top 25 teams defeated. #23 Missouri, #6 Oklahoma State, and now #2 Alabama. If not for Oregons' derailing of a dynasty, Coach Infinit would have been coach of the week. However, the backlash targeted at Coach Infinit after the Alabama game puts a damper on what could be a magical season.
    3.[​IMG] The Seminoles are the top team in America. They're so good that destroying #25 ASU 55-17 only gets Coach BigKing 3rd place in this weeks coaches vote. Oregon looks like a lock to play in the National Championship game, can the Seminoles guide through a much tougher schedule to meet them there?
    4.[​IMG]
    5. [​IMG] What a valiant effort from the Buckeyes. Man did the champs go down swinging, loosing 9-6 in a defensive struggle with Oregon. Coach GWILL has to be wondering " What if Terrelle was still here." 30+ consecutive wins was a phenomenal accomplishment coach.
    6. [​IMG] Coach Magoo's #2 Crimson Tide lose a close one in Happy Valley. Although Alabama will not have a perfect season, they should role through the SEC. Including a win in the SEC championship game.
    7. [​IMG] USC is an offensive Juggernaut, averaging close to 50 points a game. However, Coach Cuddy seems oblivious to the schematics of defense. USC is also allowing close to 50 points a game. Is defense blasphemy in Trojanland. Good win by USC, saving their season and hopefully turning things around for the Trojans.
    8. [​IMG] Coach PNC is an excellent coach, almost steering the Utes to an upset win over USC minus his starting QB. Without their leader Utah must deliver a better defensive effort, because wins are gonna be tough to come by without Wynn.
    9.[​IMG]
    12. [​IMG] bye
    12. [​IMG] bye
    12.[​IMG] bye

#-Team-pts -
    1. FSU - 31
    2. Ore - 27
    3. PSU - 27
    4. Ala - 24
    5. OSU - 22
    6. Utah - 21
    7. SC - 19
    8. Ga - 18
    9. Clem - 15
    10 USC - 13
    11. Mia - 12
    12. LSU - 5
    These standings consist of only the writers votes. The coaches vote will also factor into the final ballots!!!

17. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coaches Watch - Week 4
    1. [​IMG] Coach magoo and the #9 Alabama Crimson Tide rebounded well by blasting #21 Clemson 31-7 in Death Valley. Trent Richardson banged away at Clemson's D for 145 yards anda score. The Crimson Tide Defense was also stellar, forcing 5 Tiger turnovers. Alabama looks to be ready for SEC play. The slip-up in Happy Valley is a distant memory!
    2. [​IMG] Congratulations to Coach Cocky and the #14 Gamecocks for spanking an inexperienced and overmatched Penn State team in route to their Super Bowl win. Lets see how the Gamecocks do in SEC play after such an emotional win. #7 Auburn looms in two weeks.
    3.[​IMG] #10 Ohio State looks to be back on track after destroying the Miami Hurricanes. Coach GWILL has built one of the nations best programs. The Big 10 title race will reveal if the Buckeyes have truly recovered from a tumultuous offseason.
    4.[​IMG] #5 Florida State is humbled in a thriller in Tallahassee by #2 Oklahoma. The Sooners snuck out with a win after an exciting 21 point 4th qtr. Coach BigKing has to feel good going into ACC play, considering that it took a near miracle for his Seminoles to taste their 1st defeat of the season. Do Miami or Clemson really have a chance?
    5.[​IMG] Finally, Coach eberdeeber doesn't finish last in the coaches voting, However, #23 LSU still lost. The Tigers look like a determined team that has made some progress over the last week. Maybe if Jefferson was the QB against Mississippi St the Tigers could have won, cause Mettenberger does not look like the answer.
    6.[​IMG] With such a daunting schedule the young Lions had to run out of steam sooner or later. 4 top 25 teams in the 1st 4 games was a lot to ask, but the Lions are sitting better than anyone expected. Now its time for Big 10 action. Although, a lot of pressure is of Coach Infinit since Ohio State has already tasted defeat.
    7.[​IMG] #21 Clemson looked like an over-confident bunch against #9 Alabama. Maybe losing to Penn State caused Alabama to look average in the Tigers eyes. How mistaken Coach Clay and the Tigers were. Clemson's offense was putrid, giving up 5 turnovers. Maybe, the Tigers can rebound from their 1st loss of the season. They better do it quick, #10 FSU is up next!
    8.[​IMG] Miami looks like an average football team right now. Coach Reality has his work cut out for him. Maybe, major changes in personnel or strategy will do the job.
    12.[​IMG] bye
    12.[​IMG] bye
    12. [​IMG] bye
    12.[​IMG] bye

#-Team-pts -
    1. FSU - 40
    2. Ala - 37
    3. PSU - 34
    4. OSU - 32
    5. SC - 30
    6. Ore - 28
    7. Utah - 22
    8. Clem -21
    9. Ga - 19
    10. Mia - 17
    11 USC - 14
    12. LSU - 13

18. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Hahaha wow infinitmtx you brag like a mofo when you're winning and you give excuses when you lose. You're not the only only one with a difficult schedule? It's amazing how you completely disappear on the forums after you lost to me. I'm sorry I demolished your pride. might want to practice harder this week.

19. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

And the only thing that was "overmatched" about our game is coaching. You just can't keep up with me. I was with 2nd and 3rd string running backs and still schooled you on the ground.

20. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Wow!! Wow, is all I can say. Seems like there might be a distinct slant in this journalism.

21. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

The writers job is not to make a team look sexy unless they really are. Clemson didn't compete against Ala, so the entry portrays that. SC smacked us up, thats what I said, However, if you look at my depth chart you'll see that we are actually overachieving. Fla St, OH St, Ala, & Ore have been consistently the best performers of the season and the articles show that. Where is the slanted reporting Clay...I don't see it?

22. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Disappear from the forums because of a loss. Come on now!

23. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

You did disappear but it must have been because you needed time to recuperate from your total a$$kicking.

24. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

And how about go look at your previous game summaries and read what you wrote. Don't make yourself sound so dominating if you are going to coach and play so terribly. You are a choke artist. Later douche.

25. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

If I'm a B rated team and I'm beating A rated teams...is that not dominating. we weren't ranked at the beginning of the year for a reason.