The Coaches Corner

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by I Peench, Jul 26, 2011.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Orange Crush Coach Interviews

[​IMG]

2. I Peench

Coach: The Natural​
    Team: Boston College​
    Current Record: 2-0​
    W @ Auburn​
    W vs. Illinois​
    [​IMG]

What drove your decision to come to Boston College?
    I wanted to prove there was at least one team Boston who can win without cheating.​

Can you give us some insight into how you run your offense/defense? Some favorite formations?
    We run a smash mouth offense and a punch you in the face defense. Teams need to strap up when they take the field with us.​

What are your teams overall strengths and weaknesses?
    We are very young team so many times our offense stalls and our defense lets up a bit. But we are working on getting more consistent on both sides of the ball.​

How do you plan on addressing these weaknesses both now and down the road?
    Experience and practice. The more big games we play in the more seasoned our young guys will become.​

Who is your most impactful player on offense and defense?
    On offense it's our star senior RB Montel Harris. On defense we are all one unit, each warrior out there is an impact player.​

What player is flying under the radar now, that will be a household name by the end of his career?
    Before it's all said and done this defense might go down as one of the best in ACC history.​

What are some basic recruiting strategies you use in setting up your board and attacking needs?
    Find the most talented, impressionable young men possible.​

How do you pitch BC to recruits, who may be looking at more prestigious programs?
    Cash and blow, the groupies take care of the rest.​

Who are the players BC is targeting the hardest?
    What kind of question is this? We don't give that information out to the public.​

How are you faring in those recruiting battles?
    Are you going to ask me for a copy my playbook next??​

What game down the road are you most looking forward to and why?
    Notre Dame, Clemson, Virginia Tech. Speed bumps on the road to an ACC title.​

You have gotten off to an impressive start this season, posting a win over CPU Auburn and winning against PNC's Illinois team. What have you done well in those games? What do you need to do better in order to make BC a legitimate contender?
    Thanks, I'm glad you noticed even though rest of the media hasn't...​
    Like I said before we are an agressive smashmouth team.​
    Think Ravens​
    Think Steelers​
    Think Boston College.​

Overall, how do you consider your chances of a conference title year 1?
    I wouldn't settle for anything less.​

Thanks for your time, Coach.
    No problem...But next time you don't have to wear a towel just because you come into the locker room.​

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Win

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

The Natural=our OD's Rex Ryan?

• Like Like x 2
  5. I Peench

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I understand that the media doesn't want a small time school like BC becoming a powerhouse but you could at least correctly count the wins that we do have.
    More like Buddy.

7. I Peench

If you want to instill in your boys the false notion the media is out to get BC, go for it. Guess you can't naturally motivate them :)

Its fixed. Lack of sleep on that one, my mistake.

8. The Natural

We were ranked in the 60's in the preseason. I don't have to say anything to them, they read the newspapers and watch the same ESPN as I do. :cool:

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]
    Coach:DivisibleDuke
    Record: 2-1

Sources say you had multiple offers. That being said, why did you choose Maryland?
    To prove that I am the most flexible coach. I feel I can take any team and turn them into a powerhouse with enough patience.

Can you give us some insight into how you run your offense/defense? Some favorite formations?
    Well I love running the ball I'm a run first kind of guy. So I aim for Guards and Tackles with great awareness I run through the tackles. And defense I love putting pressure on the qb so I tend to mix it up with blitzes and zone blitzes. I love the ACE formations and I love my beloved 3-4 defense.

What are your teams overall strengths and weaknesses?
    My team major strengths are running the ball. Are WR corp isn't the greatest so we tend not to pass that much
    Weakness is the WR corp. They just can't seem to hold on to anything and it's frustrating.
    How do you plan on addressing these weaknesses both now and down the road?
    I will come up with a plan if anyone tends to shutdown the running game as you see Davin Megget is averaging 100 yards a game.

You took at tough loss early on against Miami. How do you plan on bouncing back? Has your team since shown signs of improvement?
    Yes we have. Dan O'Brien has been reading the coverages and throwing smart passes and with the huge win over Wisconsin I say we are improving quite a bit.

Who is your most impactful player on offense and defense?
    My impact player is definitely Davin Meggett. He averages 5 yards a carry and rushed for 100 yards all of his 3 games. My defensive impact player is Cameron Chism, this guy is always making interceptions and clutch plays when the Terrapins need them the most.

What player is flying under the radar now, that will be a household name by the end of his career?
    Davin Meggett, after this season he will be known for what he has done for this Maryland team. It doesn't matter what team it is he will find ways to run and make some great plays.

How do you pitch Maryland to recruits who may be looking at more prestigious programs?
    I don't I say to hell with them, I aim for players that are on my top 3 list and go for players I need. Once I feel as if we are capable of going after major talent I will chase after them.

What game down the road are you most looking forward to and why?
    Virginia Tech, that will be the most difficult game of all as they have a decent line and great running back. It will be hard to stop them and they have a pretty well passing attack so I will be planning ways to cut that out.

Overall, how do you consider your chances of a conference title year 1?
    I think we will finish 4th in the conference I am still not familiar with this team as I have to scout on what defense I have to call most of the time, Man, Zone etc.

Thanks for your time, Coach.
    Thanks for the interview.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I Peench

Who wants to go up next? -Cougars- maybe throw in the Maryland logo up top just so we can keep track of things

11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I'll go for it

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'll go after Ryan, thanks for keeping this up!

13. fuzzyl0gic

Any updates?

14. The Natural

I think a Clemson interview would be so awesome right now LOL.

15. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

That's fine with me, I'll go next.

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

17. fuzzyl0gic

I can't tell you how many times I've seen guys lose a handful of games like gwill and then just walk out and quit. It takes patience to be able to go back to the drawing board and find something that works. Good man for sticking it out so far.

18. I Peench

I'll get back on this, sorry fellas. Been dealing with a serious medical issue this week.

19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Hope you feel better man

20. fuzzyl0gic

That's right, I forgot you told me that. Hope you feel better soon.

21. I Peench

Thanks fellas. Nothing that will go away shortly, but something I should be able to control. Wills tart getting better soon.

22. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

If you don't mind me asking, just what happened to you?

23. fuzzyl0gic

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

• Like Like x 1
  25. fuzzyl0gic

Nice, got anything yet?