The Coaching Box: Week 13 - Coach AarondRomp

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

ESPN is partnering with Night Owls each week to get critical information from at least one coach in the league. "The Coaching Box" will be asking the tough questions for question's sake, and a basically fun read. All questions are asked by an anonymous, fictitious, totally made up ESPN analyst from NCAA 11 and are, under no circumstances, a personal attack or inquiry from ME (repeat, for questions sake and fun read), nor does my possibly narrow-minded and irrational analyst, necessarily, reflect my personal opinions or views. Coaches are in no way required to respond with anything more than.... NO COMMENT. But just know that you are not a tough coach unless you answer the tough questions. Mwahahaha. All coaches are invited to join conversation.

***The Coaching Box week 13***

Coach AarondRomp please:

"We here at Espn and I'm sure writers and analysts all around the country are wondering what your recruiting class really looks like. Generally the Big Red is quite open about their guys coming in and hopefully it's simply a bit misleading that you would stay quiet unless you weren't very excited about them. What's the skinny there?

It seems you have also been very quiet this season about the process which has taken the Corn Huskers from a perennial powerhouse to a lowly 4-6 mark, sending some fans into an angry state. Lately your defense seems to be getting better but what can you tell me about how you are going to improve the black shirts, not just for the end of the year, but going forward?

Lastly, are you in a rebuilding phase at Nebraska right now, or are you going to fast track the program back to success? The fans are getting restless in Lincoln! And I am sure you know all too well how that usually plays out."

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I would like to add that when I played the Huskers last year in the bowl game, they thoroughly stomped me despite both teams being 7-5. Did you lose a lot to graduation / pros?

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I would like to have something good to say, but there is nothing to say. I knew that Nebraska's roster wasn't that great, but I had no idea how bad my secondary is. I had never lost a CPU game and have now lost multiple games with this team. The recruiting class isn't that great either, but I have a transfer CB that will be eligible next year. There are a few solid players coming in, but it's pretty weak overall.

But here's what I'm pledging: we will win our last two and become bowl eligible. Next year, we will represent the Big 12 North in the Big 12 Championship game.

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Wow a healthy turnaround, if it were to play out. We shall see.