The Coaching Carousel - Official Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 4, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

There aren't many, but:

You are NOT allowed to accept a head coach job ANYWHERE unless:
    -you get fired and are offered one or
    -you had a winning record (6-6 is not winning) AND won your bowl game... soooooo Weave only
    -Weave, you can take any coordinator position you wish... period

You can ONLY accept a coordinator job if:
    -If you finished top 35 in either offense or defense (and obv only for that side of the ball in which you did)

Maybe you guys don't like this, but reality is I don't think most of us are gonna move nor should we lame it out by moving every year for unrealistic crap.

Thoughts?

Note: I am REQUIRING that if you are thinking about a possible move to coordinator that you list BEFOREHAND (and in this forum) your qualifying offensive or defensive ranking!

I should be updating Team Stats today so this will be made easy... I hope. Your responsibility though.

2. TJM

TJM Walk On

so the only way we can accept a HC job is if we make it to a bowl game (as 7-5 does not always get you to a bowl) AND win that bowl game? This is for future seasons too? What if we are only a coordinator and go 7-5 in the Big East, but have an explosive offense but terrible defense that loses you the bowl game?

I dont think its bad that people move if a position opens up, especially if their respective side of the ball for a coordinator job is really good that season. If a BCS school offered me a OC position this year, Id strongly consider it.

3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Based on your offensive stats, you could very easily get an OC job at a BCS school.

4. TJM

TJM Walk On

But if I get a job at like Syracuse and they go on to lose their bowl game because of the poor defense and my offense ranks in top 5 in a most of the categories, JoePa leaves PSU and they are interested but I cant accept. Not sure if thatll happen its just a scenario where I think including the bowl win might not be right.

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Good point.

6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Would this also bring out stat whores? When I get a lead I play verrrrry conservative i try to run out as much time as I can. I don't try to run up the score(via sceptic). That hurts my offensive numbers playing conservative.

Meaning ill never get a OC job

• Like Like x 1
  7. vatechhokie01

couple things:

-these rules are for this season. they will change as we move forward as coordinators and such and as our league histories develop (i.e. if you are a coordinator clearly you will be judged more on your side of the ball. none of us are currently coordinators)
    -the reason for SOME rules is that it is lame if guys just jump around all the time or if they take offers that would NEVER be offered in real life... we are NOT putting all of our "sim" faith in freakin EA sports logic
    -stat whore comment: if you become a stat whore, I will boot you... i cannot stress this enough. dont do it.

btw... tanner, did you really go for like twice as many 4th downs as the rest of the NCAA? lame. i love you. play sim.

8. TJM

TJM Walk On

Yeah, I run the ball a lot on 1st-3rd as long as I am getting 3-4 yards where I am bringing up a lot of 4th and 1s in opponent territory on top of running a west coast style offense where its short quick throws. I also missed a few extra points already on this game so my kicking game is pretty much worthless, so that means 4th and 1s anywhere in opponent territory for the most part which is allowed. Finally, lots of 4th downs when your getting scored on time and time again and need to catch back up. Not saying thats my excuses as there prob. was a time I broke the 4th and 1 rule when I was behind the 50 instead of in the opponents 50 but was plugging away and felt confident. However, I believe they were sim-like for an aggressive style coach you would see on Fall Saturdays and Sundays.

But I understand, I figured you would bring this up because it did feel like I had a lot of 4th and 1s or inches that made me grasp the controller hard. Its tough to not go for it when you know if you dont keep up because your D is the worst in the country.

I do take full responsibility and will make sure I look over my 4th downs.

9. vatechhokie01

thx for the response. fair enough and appreciate your taking a look at it!