The Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by 1ke, Dec 14, 2009.

1. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

The Coaching Carousel

All things coaching carousel can go in this thread. Past movers...Check. Hot rumors....Check. Current coaches leaving/staying....Check.

So lets keep this thread hot, and Ill start it off with some past movers.

[​IMG]

Coach Murk was the first to leave, after leading his old Central Michigan to a BCS bowl bid and won Coach of the Year.

[​IMG]

Coach Parrothead was able to leave the same off-season after previously winning the Coach of the Year award.Made the most of his DeKalb squad for three years.

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

There have also been rumors that a couple Midwest Universities have been inquiring into the services of USM Assistant coach Ike. He has made it clear that he wil wait till the off-season to discuss his future.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lmao! nice use of the avatars

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Future User Opponents

Here is a list of possible job openings in the Big Ten and PAC-10:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Team Current Prestige Career Record Current Record
    Indiana :3stars: 17-25 3-3
    Northwestern :2stars: 21-22 5-1
    Illinois :3stars: 21-21 3-3
    Iowa :3stars: 22-20 3-2
    Michigan State :3stars: 17-26 3-3
    [str]Wisconsin :4stars: 27-17 1-4[/str]
    Minnesota :4stars: 18-25 0-6

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Team Current Prestige Career Record Current Record
    Arizona State :4stars: 25-20 4-2
    Washington :3stars: 23-19 3-3
    [str]Cal :4stars: 26-18 2-3[/str]
    Washington State :1stars: 11-30 1-4
    Arizona :3stars: 20-24 3-3
    [str]Oregon State :4stars: 29-15 2-3[/str]
    Stanford :2stars: 13-29 1-4

5. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Mind if i ask a question? Im not up for a new team but what does the blue and crossed out team signify?well crossed out i kinda have an idea but then why would you put them up there if they weren't able to switch to that team?

Thanks in advanced.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

crossed out means probably not...blue meant most likely..

it will all depend on the coach taking the job and the how the school ends up at the end of the season

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Hey Murk, I was wondering....

Say for instance a coach is eligible to move, does he HAVE to go THAT season, or can he wait a year or two or three? You know what I mean?

8. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I thought it was up to the user if he wanted to move or not? Thing is the mac doesn't scream National championship, so really if you wanted a better shot at it i guess you would move.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You don't have to leave if you don't want.

If you you won coach of the year, you don't have to leave that season. You can wait 2 or 3 seasons down the road, but by that time you would have already stayed four seasons anyway.

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Cool thanks....i thought I heard a rumor somewhere that Rice's head coach was some sort of hot commodity in Texas....???

Any truth to this Max?

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

why just Rice's head coach why not Houston's?

12. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Just havent heard the rumors....thats all.

Rumor has it though, if Houston beats Rice, Houston's head coach is gonna be rumored to be on hi way too! lol

13. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I think they're looking for help in the Texas A & M Softball Program...

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I'll just wait in the weeds I like my team it all depends on where everyone else goes.

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Hey man, I dont control the rumor mill....I just report it!

16. BDSDIGITAL

I'd like to hear some rumors about the Southern Miss and UCF coaches.

I suspect Kid Robotz isn't leaving just yet, but Nati is about to catch the first thing smoking out of Orlando...any truth to either of these statements?

17. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I've also heard word out of Indiana is that Riptides wants out. Something about horrible officiating in the MAC.

18. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

It was reported earlier today that Coach NatiSaint has "Been in talks" with a few other programs about raising them as well. When asked about the rumors, Coach Saint didn't deny any of them...

"I have been contacted by a few schools... Kentucky, Vanderbilt... to name a few... I'd love to coach in the SEC as I have been a long time fan. If there is a move... My players will be the first to know. Don't look too far into the future sports fans... While I have been in talks - Don't expect a hasty decision... UCF still has alot of work to be done.."

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This is where it gets real interesting...

Depending on your record, etc may decide who gets who, but even then you got two things to think about...

1. Leave early, and build a solid recruiting foundation (assuming no one else leaves)
    2. Wait longer, and get a better program.

20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

The Southern Miss AD has just released at statement folks....BREAKING NEWS HERE!!!

Well then, that settles that then huh....

21. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

I'm hoping for a W vs Shrike and then I take it I'll play Rip for the MAC title and hopefully get a W there. With that I'll have a perfect season and a hopefully a COY award and a fuckin ticket out of a Bowling Green. The shitty roster, recruiting pitches and 70s shag carpet uni colors will be in the rear view mirror

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lmao.. Just keep in mind that that would enable you to move to a very limited # of schools.

Assuming Bowling Green is two star prestige right now (they may be 3), and you increase that prestige to 3 (or 4) at the end of the season.

You will only be able to move to a 1 or 2 star school, so it may be better to just stay another season anyway.

23. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

FML!!!!!

With that said, I'm going to be going up a star in prestige this year as is. So Shrike, if you really need this W I'll give it to you for the reasonable price of $20. Lemme know and I'll give you my PayPal account

24. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

So...are we limited to PAC and Big 10 now? I need to know what to tell all these people that keep inquiring to my agent if I'd be interested...and since I have a 2 team list, if our conferences are already limited....there's 0% chance of me going anywhere.

25. BDSDIGITAL

Me too. I'm not sure if I want to move or not, but there's only like 1 job in either conference that is attainable that I would want. So if we are stuck in those two conferences I'd definitely stay in CUSA too.