The Coach's Office with Kirk Herbstreit

Discussion in 'The Flashback' started by matthew34brown, Dec 31, 2013.

1. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Kirk: "Coach, what do you contribute this 5-1 record to?"
    Brown: "Well, Kirk, I'm a brand new head coach for this group of guys and there's a ton of talent in this group. I do things differently than most coaches and I've had success with it in lower levels and as an offensive coordinator when I was at Ohio State. This offense was built for speed We've got that here at Ohio, Vick, who's got a heck of an arm, and so many guys that can go get it, I felt that this offense would be our best approach at winning games and we've had success with it."

Kirk: "With our offense putting up these kind of numbers, there's a lot of people questioning why you're not in conversation for coach of the year. Thoughts?"
    Brown: "Kirk, I could care less about these postseason awards and so could my guys. The only award that matters to us is that big, crystal football. I do agree, however that we are one of the best teams in the country week in and week out. I think sooner, rather than later, voters will see that.

Kirk: "Coach, you guys are getting absolutely no love in the polls. What do you guys have to do to start moving up?"
    Brown: "No idea, Kirk. We're playing lights out every week. We're putting up big numbers on the scoreboard week in and week out. Hopefully voters start to see that or we're going to finish this season with one loss without a BCS bowl.

Kirk: "Thanks for your time coach. I love what I've heard and I'm sure others will too. Keep up the good work.
    Brown: "Thanks, Kirk.

• Like Like x 1
  2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Great writeup!

• Like Like x 1
  3. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Did Kirk Herbstreit really interview you or did you actually interview yourself?

• Like Like x 1
  4. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Frustration in Athens!
    [​IMG]
    As coach Brown and his team come off an embarrassing lose this past opening weekend we caught up with Brown and we were able to get an inside look on a practice and his thoughts on how this team can still make something of this season.

Espn College Football analyst writes: I was able to attended a closed practice on Thursday and coach Brown seemed to be filled with frustration and turmoil as he left the practice field. Coach Brown said that his team was not ready and went into the game thinking we got this, clearly that wasn't the case this past Saturday. Coach Brown "I'm not really sure what our team is this year. We have some big roles to fill and we are starting a lot of young players and we need to develop our skills and mindset quickly. Ohio State is the best team in the country I feel we did ok but there was no reason for the defense to allow so much. We will be ready this weekend and we will win you can count on that!"