The Conf Champ Mess

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Aug 11, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Alright guys I need everyone to respond to this ASAP.

edge7771
    UofCWildcat
    texacotea
    blLL flo
    jello1717
    Big Suge Knight
    MaslerBoros16
    Randiesel75
    dakota7
    GoGators
    Nautica

So as all of you know the conference championship got completely f-ed due to EA's bumbling idiots behind the scenes. We have two options on how to procede:

1) Keep going:
    -This would cost me a big ten championship and a national title shot...as well as fudge stats/recruiting bonuses for the remainder of our dynasty.
    -It will also prevent the risk of having to completely restart.

2) Use UofC's saved conf. champ. file and attempt to rewind a week to set things straight:
    -The problem with this is that we have to do it properly, and even then it has the potential to fail and cause us to restart the whole dynasty. I believe what we need to do is delete the current dynasty prior to UofC using his file to start a new dynasty and re-invite us.
    - Even though there is potential for this to fail, in my opinion a total restart isn't all that terrible with what we've gone through this season.
    - Gators, Randy, Suge, and Dakota would get to play games that they were unavailable for. Jello would be able to start the season with ASU instead of switching mid-way. I would be able to be more involved on the site since my Anatomy class is about to finish (12 hours of class/studying a day...fml). The patch is also likely to come out at some point in the next couple weeks, so we would probably have more luck with the highlights.
    - So to me the risk is actually a bit of a silver lining, even though we will lose all our recruits.

Obviously, my vote is to attempt to rewind a week, but I completely understand that this might not be a popular idea so I want to hear your opinions.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Oh and UofC has confirmed that he does have the file saved, so we can attempt this as early as tonight if I hear from enough of you.

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I say let's go option two. The reward is greater than the risk IMO.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

What does this mean?

5. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Im good with what ever, but as far as games this weekend its going to be tough for me to get anything in.

6. jello1717

1. If we had to reset, me getting to start the whole season with ASU isn't an advantage for me, even though my only regular season loss was a CPU game before I took over. I'm thrilled with where my team is now. There are only 2 coaches in the country (Army, BC) that have more job security than I and there's only 1 user coach with more prestige than I.
    2. If we had to reset, yes Dakota, Gators, etc could play games they missed, but users will always miss games throughout the entire OD and we aren't going to reset for them
    3. If we had to reset, I'm REALLY not looking forward to recruiting for season1 again. I didn't like it as a :3stars: at all and I'm really looking forward to getting to :4stars: and hopefully :5stars: in the next season or two. Recruiting as a :3stars: for 25 fucking guys was brutal.
    I'm 1 of 3 people that would gain out of us rewinding 1 week. JCspartan2 would obviously gain as he'd get his title shot. Nautica would gain as I'm sure he'd get a shot to actually play the SEC CCG for a shot at a place in the BCS NCG. I wouldn't have to play dakota7 in the Rose Bowl and would get a shot @ a bowl win. For JC and Nautica, I'm all for rewinding a week ifwe're decently confident that we can do so with no hiccups and that we wouldn't have to restart from scratch. Given EA's track record with '12, I think the chances of that happening are pretty slim. If there's a decent risk of having to start over, then I'm opposed to it (even if I'm one of the 3 guys that has something to gain out of the deal).

If we did rewind a week, do we fully understand how we would go about getting to keep our coaching progress? If, by rewinding, we all have to start our coaches over, then again, I'm opposed to rewinding as I think I have more to lose by going back to a D+ coach with no job security than JC has to lose by not getting his title shot. This would also apply to edge7771 and UofCWildcat as they're the other coaches that have progressed a lot this season.

How would we get to keep our coaches? Do we just start by "using an existing coach?" Would we still have coaching contracts and coaching carousel like this? Would this keep our prestige/contracts, or would we keep the prestige, but have our contracts restarted. I'm guessing it'd be the last one.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

There were a lot of simmed results for games that were actually played, so the stats are not accurately represented. I will lose any rise in recruiting pitches/interest due to winning a championship, where dakota will gain them. Not a big deal, but it is something to consider.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hellisan

Any idea how that last part would work?

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

A couple of thoughts

-- While I am the main benefactor of EA's fuck up, I want to see JC win the B1G and get a shot at a BCS title.
    -- I don't want to restart the whole dynasty. IMO, the whole OD process is about our teams after the default rosters are gone, so the sooner we get there the better.
    -- While a total restart has some advantages for gators and I (maybe for me, after the fuck up I did win the Rose Bowl, how much better can I realistically expect to do), it has some HUGE disadvantages for guys who had great years. Nautica, Masler, Texacotea, and Jello had great seasons. A total restart is a screw for those guys.

10. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I am down for either. My season sucked, so a complete restart wouldn't be that awful.

Jello and Dakota made good points about the guys who had good seasons and would be at risk to do worse.

Either way there is potential for something to go wrong, and frankly I won't be surprised if it does due to EA's track record for this version. And I really don't want to play another game until the patch because of all the crap that EVERYONE has dealt with just in bowl week.

11. dakota7

I agree with that, it is sucking a lot of the fun out of this version. I have great games with JC and Jello, but neither one really ever happened.

• Like Like x 1
  12. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Im going to take my statement back, Im good with rewinding a week because I obviously didnt deserve to be in the MNC game. but I and Totally against starting back over. even though I screwed my recruiting up I still dont want to start from scratch. Im good with going a week back if its not going to screw most of the stuff up.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

I am 100% against restarting

And let me get this straight, rewinding means back to CCG and replay them? With Jello and I simming his win?

Personally I say we keep going. Ive had EA fuck me up before and no one gave two damns while I sucked it up and kept going no matter how much I wanted to give up.

14. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'm with this. Not to mention its not only about guys who had a good season on the field. Because as horrible as the Washington Huskies played this, we had a fantastic recruiting season, relatively speaking. I would be really heartbroken if I had to recruit again for a season 1.

15. jello1717

In this vein, UofCWildcat was the 1st one to be screwed by this and, at the time, it cost him any shot @ a conference championship (while he would've played me with still having a shot @ the Pac12 title had he not been fucked) and we didn't restart for him. Obviously there's a big jump for CCG shot vs. NCG shot, but it was still a big hit for UofC.

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Alright, I say we just keep going then because there is no guarantee that it will work.

UofCWildcat Don't worry about the rewind.

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    So whats game(s) are left?

18. jello1717

As others suggested, do we want to wait for the patch before attempting to advance? It seems like we're really hitting a lot more bugs now that we were before. It's bad enough playing my game, thinking in the back of my mind the whole time "will this freeze in the 4th quarter?" but these last ones have been far worse. Get through a game, only to have it not load @ the end, or even worse, have it look like it loaded, but then have it thrown out later.

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'd like to wait, but we haven't been given anymore info on when its coming out so I don't know how long thats going to be.

20. jello1717

Yeah. All I've heard was "by the end of the month" and it would suck to have to wait 3 weeks for the patch. Because of that, I'm not delaying my offline dynasty, but I'm not hitting anywhere near as many issues there as we're seeing here.

21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I dont like the thought of waiting at all.

22. dakota7

Well, if we're sticking with this current version, you'll have to throw out the results of all the games played so far so we can try to upload something to the wire/server.

23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Alright i just read all of this. I'm fine with option two, I actually would like that because in all my games i should of won except Jello and Nautica because i was either winning and the game froze or i technically won and EA simmed it. :p So yeah if we are past that sorry to put my input into a dead issue. And yeah JCspartan2 my results need to be thrown because of the issue.

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

Wait..why did only the Pac12 CCG get recorded...I can only view the details for that game on DW

25. dakota7

Because the B1G game fucked up.......so there's no story on a sim. Nautica is sick or something and that game was also simmed.