The CPU fights back in Tradition 1

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Sep 25, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The CPU fights back in Tradition 1

It is season 2 for 2010 and the CPU has already handed out a handful of losses to us human controlled team.

What are your guys opinions on this strange phenomenon?? Frustrating, fun, interesting, cheap, wish I was killing them still?

I for one like that I actually have to concentrate in these CPU games. Last season was a freaking snooze fest even on Heisman level. Sure it can frustrating as hell as Robo QB never gets sacked or throws perfect passes all the time but at the same time we actually have to stay awake an make smart decisions in these games to win against better teams.

Just want to get a take on the overall league opinion on this new found competition.

FYI.....this message does not apply to Rusty or Mike R.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I got my first scare yesterday. I am playing like shit right now and Boise State almost beat me! It was gut-check time as I was fighting for a user/user championship game....

I didn't like it because I didn't play well. but obviously, it was more interesting than if I had pounded them.

But I'd still rather pound them.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. i've had some struggles this year.. no doubt. Arkansas finally made me pay for my mistakes. Mallet was on fire and their RB was gashing me /nohomo right and left.. i just couldn't get a stop.

A really bad fumble late hurt me... and i never recovered, regardless of what cheese i tried.. lol.

4. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I thought I had it all figured out after I beat South Carolina 62-0 with the help of 11 turnovers. If you look deeper into the game they actually held me to 4-14 on 3rd downs. If not for the 4 returned TD and short field that game may have played different.

I then took on Ole Miss who at one point was up 28-7 on me.... I was finally able to regain control and go up by 10, Ole Miss scored again and I had to punt......I needed a stop on 4th down at Midfield to win the game.....

I then played Kentucky and I guess I was playing against Barry Sanders reincarnate at running back.....he gashed me for like 300 yards.... The best way to beat the computer is to play them just like a human.... The cheese does not work this year....

I think it is much better game considering the Computer is no longer out of the game in the 1st 5 minutes of the game....

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

For next year's revenge...

[​IMG]

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Va Tech escapes West Virginia 48-41.........VA Tech Finally playing defense but the offense suffers not 1, not 2, but 8 turnovers. 4 fumbles and 4 ints. 3 which were returned for TDs.

I bared down with the throwing picks (which were all lolly pop passes after being hit) and started running but then fumbliltis.

We drove down the field at the end to score the winning TD then stopped them putting 6 DBs in the backfield and the cpu actually looked confused.

If we dont turn the ball over we kill them but I must be more careful with the ball.

7. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i think part of it is the player ratings phenomenon. there just seem to be more "what the fuck just happened" plays this season compared to years past.

case in point I beat Rutgers the other day something like 38-28. They only had one real scoring drive in a game with no/few turnovers.

But on one play their offensive line literally pancacked my entire front seven, and their HB ran over my 200 pound, 97 overall safety before busting loose for like a 70 yard run.

On another play their halfback turned into a Bo Jackson/Barry Sanders hybrid uberback that would not be tackled by anything short of a bulldozer. the guy burst through the line, threw my 95 overall all-world 300 pound DT Austin aside like he was used condom before breaking another four tackles and finally having my 97 overall safety whiff on the spin move from hell.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

It it seems like every now and then the CPU HB gets "Super Mario Star" [​IMG]and just runs through everyone.

9. BlyGilmore

lol that'd be an awesome video. a bunch of super human computer controlled HBs running over defenses with this music playing in the background ...

[youtube]iK0vebKhwq0[/youtube]

10. BlyGilmore

btw it was snowing during my last game of the season against Rutgers. gotta give EA credit - having snow blanket the areas around the field and in the background was an awesome touch.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

I've had a few close games in the league, needed 2 TD's in the last 1:50 to beat Penn St. The better CPU teams can be challenging when especially when you make turnovers. I have a feeling a loss could happen down the road. So I agree the CPU games have been a lot better this year.