The CPU Offers Scholarships In Preseason

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by DJ Rhude, Oct 20, 2010.

1. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Fellas, not sure if this has been already brought up but if not, I just noticed this from the sneaky cpu.....two guys from my preseason board already have scholly offers.....usually I add guys on the console, but last night I decided to add guys using the dynasty wire.....I noticed most of the recruits already had offers from the cpu, in some cases three lol......this is hidden when you do it from the console....

[​IMG]

I always wondered how the cpu was getting huge leads on certain guys right out the gate.....they are getting a leg up

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Fuck Rhude I did notice that last season when I set up my board via CPU and was like WTF??? No wonder why I didnt sign any of the big names....they automatically get a 100-200 point headstart..........FUCK ME!!

3. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Exactly JMS.....I would be putting in hours on certain guys, scoring over 500 points and barely dent the cpu lead.....in some cases, the cpu would go from 50% interest to 80% interest on a guy in one week....da fuck

Now we know how EA made it harder to recruit this year

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

thanks for pissing me off this morning Rhude!:mad:

When I saw it last season I meant to say something but I must of forgot....

Anyway thanks for Posting rhude!

5. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Yeah no prob JMS, def wanted to share the info with my fellow dynasty junkies

I am sitting here at work looking at my board like, now what? Every recruit except for one has offers already

6. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Check out this beauty.....a power kicker I was going to make a run at.....well forget it now....I would bet 100 bucks Utah gets the insta sign week 1

[​IMG]

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

you are in preseason right?

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

affirmative, yet hard to believe isn't it?.....the entire league is littered with offers

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah what is different about the wire is that is updates in real time almost. Like we are in week 1 of "The Uprising" and I can see what Georgia (user) insta signed. I had 2 of those guys on my board and they are now grayed out. So it almost makes sense to wait for everyone to do recruiting first so you don't waste time on guys that insta signed. On the console you cant see that. Hmmmmm...

10. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

yeah but no one is supposed to be able to do more than add guys at this point....the cpu should not be able to offer scholarships yet real time or not....cheatin bastids

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Whats funny is the Tradition Recruiting on the Web doesn't work anymore so you cant see this shit.

12. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

knowing EA the whole thing probably shook out like this ... they were planning on expanding preseason recruiting to include scholly offers, never got around to implementing it for humans but forgot to take it out for the computer.

I also didn't notice until the other day that the weekly roundup shows you the true position of players. i.e. it says LT, RT, LG, RG while in game you just get T or G.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I've done some checking because I was in the offseason in my solo online dynasty... I believe this to be meaningless. There was a guy that it said had five offers... And when I got to week 2 he had none. None of the stuff I saw correlated exactly or anything.

the reason a team might start out with a 200 point lead is if they're in state, or if he just flat out favors them. I've had a 200 pt. advantage before on certain players to start the year. No biggie.

14. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

It doesn't show because the offers were probably from teams not in the recruit's top 10 list

In the example I posted above, the recruit had two offers in the preseason and he wound up signing with Utah on the insta.....that's not to say he wouldn't have signed anyway, but if no one's allowed to offer during the preseason that should hold true across the board IMO

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Yea I noticed that too by mistake, just because I signed an Ath and it gave him a position.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

.... but the cpu never offers scholarships to players that aren't interested. In the regular season, I've never seen one single instance where a team that wasn't in the top 10 was offering.

17. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

How do you explain this then? Utah and Nebraska offered this guy a scholly during preseason.....this happened on more than one occasion but I just wanted to show this one example.....

Like you said, it may not make a difference since the kicker had Utah first (and they insta committed week 1), but I still found it strange that it shows it on the wire but on the console no offers show

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

That's not true Helli. Although, I don't know what other team HAS offered the scholarship (cpu vs other user team). But I can definitely say I have tried to go after guys who had no interest in me, and they had like 3-4 scholarship offers and only 1 of them was a team in their top 10. I tried this alot with LVille to try to get better recruits

19. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Exactly....this happens all the time.....I remember one recruit had 17 offers! I was like WTF lol....out of them 17 offers, only 3 showed in his actual top ten......looked like this on my board N(17)

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah that happens ALOT in the off-season rhude. but i think helli meant inseason. it does happen then too, just obviously not as many teams

21. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

yeah true Juggs, I should've clarified.....inseason I've seen recruits have maybe like 5 or 6 offers, maybe two of them from schools not in their top 10....you really start to see it later in the season when schools start to go for the players that weren't recruited heavily yet

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I dunno.. for now I don't believe it. The guy that it said had 5 offers in the preseason... was a 2-star juco tackle. And regardless... It said he had no offers at all when I went to the preseason. (not just no offers in his top 10). It all just seems like it's something else to me. I've never felt like I was at a points disadvantage on any player.

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I've seen CPU offer guys outside of the top ten, but ONLY in offseason recruiting on the new recruits. One FS one year had 21 offers (which is more realistic than the current system, intentionally or not).

I've never seen it happen in the preseason or during the regular season.