The Cradle Restarting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MaxATX34, Aug 27, 2010.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

The Cradle Restarting

Alright guys, I'm taking over as commish of this dynasty and want to get a head count of who is going to return. We will fill the remaining spots with new/existing members.

I want to keep the same feel of The Cradle, but simplify the process of moving up to the bigger schools. We will start off with 6 users in the MAC and 6 users in the Sun Belt(or C-USA if no SunBelt coaches return) as you all did in version 1.0, and will still be moving from said conferences into the Big 10 and ACC.

How will we move up to the BCS conferences?
    After 2 or 3 seasons(we can vote), we tally up our overall W-L records, and whoever has the best record gets first pick(tie decided by head-to-head record). ..And so on down the line until the user with the worst combined record fills the final BCS conference spot (We will look at perhaps reserving some top-end programs in each BCS conference for the CPU)

Lets get this thing rolling again. I would like to have invites out by Monday.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Is there anyway that someone has a copy of the old dynasty? That way the guys that have been here can pick up where they left off...

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Thats fine by me. Ill try to contact reedr about that.

Just want the guys that were in here to drop in and say if they are still interested.

4. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

I'd love to get a new dynasty started up with people that actually play their games lol! Count me in, I'll stick with the Ohio Bobcats in the MAC!

5. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Im pretty sure I have a fairly updated one max, thanks for doing this!

Troy

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Alright! A spark!

Do you guys want to pick up the dynasty where it left off? Or would you guys rather start from scratch? (This question goes for any other returning Coach also)

If the majority of returning coaches want to pick up where they left off... then reedr, could you start a new online dynasty with "The Cradle" file and pass me commish?

7. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I'll take the Bowling Green Falcons

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Awesome. Are you in favor of a restart? or picking up where you guys left off?

9. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I'd rather have a restart.

10. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

either way works for me

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Hopefully some more existing guys will show up today.
    ...Drawn to NCAA/TF on Saturday subconsciously.

It is getting to be that time of year again!!!

12. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

are you guys sticking with the mac/sun belt etc.. i read your rules but i didn't know if this was the case with a restart.

13. NateDawg

Yeah I'm fine with whatever. I think those people that haven't Bern active should be kicked though. That being said I think we'd get more interest if we started from scratch which is fine by me.

14. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I would be interested. I'm not so sure about using the MAC/Sun Belt though. I'm very active and only want to be a part of a league that has members that are extremely active also.

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I hear you man. Once we get this thing rolling everyone will be active or they will feel the wrath :p

As far as the MAC/Sun Belt... The idea of the Cradle was to take over a small school and have a system in place where you could take a job with the big boys based on your performance.

I like the idea, but "The Buzz" system seemed really complicated and it seemed like a lot of work on each players part. As commish I dont really want to have to keep up with 11 guys' hundreds and hundreds of buzz points.

I do like the idea of users being rewarded for their performance in-game however.

Tonight, depending on response from existing "The Cradle" members, I will announce a few different conference setup possibilities that we can vote on.

Right now Im thinking...

A: MAC and C-USA. moving up into the Big10 and ACC.

B: MAC and C-USA. moving up into the Big10, Big East, and Pac10

C: If we cant garner enough interest in the small schools we could just go to a BCS conference set up. No SEC or Big12 though. There are enough ODs here with combinations of those conferences.

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

What about the WAC instead of CUSA to start out with? Maybe some interesting teams to use out there.

And by the way former guys who havent posted in here... you are running out of time.
    Im going to make a post in the new members forum tomorrow. After that point, former members will still be able to rejoin, but their spot will not be guaranteed.

17. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I am currently in BDS' east coast brawl and would like to be in another dynasty.

GT is pecster......Let me know if i can get in gents

18. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I like choice B

19. NateDawg

We had a long discussion before and a vote about this. We decided that the MAC and C-USA were the most evenly matched.

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I like that choice too. would let us play in 2 big conference to feel each other out, then branch off into 3 BCS conferences giving everyone a better shot at a conference championship. and it'd allow for some interesting OOC user games.

I like that idea also. I'd probably leave Houston a CPU team though. I think since we would only be staying at the schools for a few years, having an elite QB like Case Keenum might give an unfair advantage. Houston doesnt need a new head coach haha.

Tomorrow when I get up, I'll make a new thread in here where guys can claim their teams and Ill make a post in the new members forum. Hopefully we can get most of the spots filled tomorrow and get the invites out ASAP.