"The Creation"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DigginGraves, Jun 4, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

"The Creation"

The Creation

This is the Tradition Football Teambuilder League.

Let me take a moment to welcome you to the newest addition of the Tradition Football community. The Creation will feature 12 user controlled teams working to develop a dominant football program in the NCAA. Many questions remain unanswered as we begin the process of determining exactly how and who will be played in The Creation.

This dynasty will be run by yours truly. Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them here or PM me through the forum. No spots will be held as of yet, so please do not post asking for a spot to be saved for you. Spots will be awarded in the next week or two; only to those members of TF that have shown a passion for the game, a true presence on the forum and the desire to enter specifically in The Creation. I am hoping to obtain only dedicated users and people that will stick around. Once you leave, noone will want to control your user created team. So, join for the longhaul or don't join at all.

If you are interested in joining The Creation, please put your input forward and take part in the discussions leading up to the release of the game. I will release questions or topics of discussion about The Creation over the next week or two. We need to determine quite a few boundaries and overcome some obstacles before the game drops. This will allow us to jump right in to the first season within 72 hours of NCAA 2010 being released.

Please copy the below questions and provide a reason for your answer:

1. How many conferences should we use? 1 or 2?

2. What prestige level should all user controlled teams be forced to start below? Or should it not be capped?

Stay tuned and check back for more information on The Creation.

2. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

A: I think 2 would work best, this gives a few more User vs. CPU games and usually helps the dynasty progress a little faster/smoother. We will only use conferences that have a championship game.

2. What prestige level should all user controlled teams be forced to start below? Or should it not be capped?

A: 3 or 4 star... nothing higher in my opinion. Make recruting an effort, keep the CPU in the game for the first couple of seasons and watch as your prestige level grows. Nothing below 3 in my opinion... that can make recruting a mess and a pain in the a$$

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:

I think 2 conferences would be best. It will provde adequate user game as well as an opportunity for all programs to grow.

I think we should start as 3 star teams. 4 star is a little too high as we are acting as if we are starting new program, I think 3 woul provide for decent recruits as well as makign it challenging at the same time. Choosing conferences will be a little bit of a challenge, however I do recommend Conference USA as one of them. Other options include the WAC, MAC, and Sun Belt although the WAC and Sun Belt do not have conference championship games.

Another suggestion regarding the rosters is to just use the roster of the team that we replace in the conference to avoid having to create our own players.

4. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

That is exactly how we will award Rosters... (y)

Once we establish conferences, teams, users, etc. We will then hold a draft to determine which team you will replace. There will be a list to chose from that I will provide come draft day. Your team will then replace that team in the conference and you will use their exact roster. This will eliminate the option of filling your team with top players and having duplicate players spread through the league.

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Great minds think alike, lol.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

2 (or 3 even) there are a lot of ways you could do this.

3 star definately, if not lower

WAC - 9 teams no championship
    1 Boise State (4 star)
    2 Fresno State (3 Star)
    3 Hawai'i (4 star)
    4 Idaho (1 star)
    5 Louisiana Tech (2 star)
    6 Nevada (2 star)
    7 New Mexico State (1 star)
    8 San Jose State (1 star)
    9 Utah State (1 star)

Sun Belt - 8 teams no championship
    1 Arkansas State (1 star)
    2 Florida Atlantic (2 star)
    3 FIU (1 star)
    4 Mid Tenn State (1 star)
    5 North Texas (2 star)
    6 Troy (2 star)
    7 UL Lafayette (1 star)
    8 UL Monroe (1 star)

MAC - 2 divisions, west - 6 teams, east - 7 teams
    WEST
    1 Northern Illinois (2 star)
    2 Ball State (1 star)
    3 Toledo (3 star)
    4 Western Michigan (1 star)
    5 Central Michigan (2 star)
    6 Eastern Michigan (1 star)
    EAST
    1 Bowling Green (2 star)
    2 Akron (2 star)
    3 Kent State (1 star)
    4 Miami University (2 star)
    5 Ohio (2 star)
    6 Temple (1 star)
    7 Buffalo (1 star)

USA - 2 divisions, 6 teams each
    WEST
    1 Tulsa (2 star)
    2 Houston (2 star)
    3 UTEP (2 star)
    4 Rice (2 star)
    5 SMU (1 star)
    6 Tulane (2 star)
    EAST
    1 ECU (3 star)
    2 Marshall (3 star)
    3 Southern Miss (3 star)
    4 Memphis (3 star)
    5 UAB (1 star)
    6 UCF (3 star)

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I came up with something where there would be:

2 WAC users (3 user games a year)
    4 Sun Belt users (4 user games a year)
    3 MAC West users (3 user games a year)
    3 MAC East users (3 user games a year)

The WAC would play each other and play two Sun Belt users for 2 years (alt. home & away) then play the other two for 2 years.

That would mean the Sun Belt would play 3 Sun Belt users and 1 WAC user every year.

The MAC would play 2 users in their division and 1 (possibly 2) users from the other division.

Also, MAC users could play WAC users on different occasions, etc.

WAC - I put 2 users in the WAC because there are 2 4-star teams in this conf. and they would be starting out with 1 or 2 star schools
    Sun Belt - I put 4 in this conference because it is a pretty even conference, this could grow into a very competitive conference
    MAC - I put 3 on each side because even if you get past the two inner conference user game you still have a lot of other conf. games including the championship.

what do you think?

8. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Murk, thanks bro. Great info that should help us come to a decision.

I am kind of still leaning towards two conferences personally.

These two:

MAC - 2 divisions, west - 6 teams, east - 7 teams
    WEST
    1 Northern Illinois (2 star)
    2 Ball State (1 star)
    3 Toledo (3 star)
    4 Western Michigan (1 star)
    5 Central Michigan (2 star)
    6 Eastern Michigan (1 star)
    EAST
    1 Bowling Green (2 star)
    2 Akron (2 star)
    3 Kent State (1 star)
    4 Miami University (2 star)
    5 Ohio (2 star)
    6 Temple (1 star)
    7 Buffalo (1 star)

USA - 2 divisions, 6 teams each
    WEST
    1 Tulsa (2 star)
    2 Houston (2 star)
    3 UTEP (2 star)
    4 Rice (2 star)
    5 SMU (1 star)
    6 Tulane (2 star)
    EAST
    1 ECU (3 star)
    2 Marshall (3 star)
    3 Southern Miss (3 star)
    4 Memphis (3 star)
    5 UAB (1 star)
    6 UCF (3 star)

I think the best way to run it would be with these two conferences, 6 teams in each conference and 3 teams in each division.

thoughts?

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That would work too...

the reason I didn't use conf. usa is because one division is all 3 star and the other is 3 mostly 2 star..idk if that matters or not

and another idea - to kick off each season you could have the champions of each conference play from the past year?

10. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

I would like to be in with my University of Oahu Island Hammerheads.
    I will be making that team today.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Creating a home for this leage right now.

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'm definitely interested in getting in on this.

I definitely think using the MAC and CUSA would be the way to go for the conferences for the created teams. No more than 4 (5 max) Human vs Human games should be the desired amount to keep the season moving quickly and not having to worry about scheduling issues all the time.

Personally, I thought it would be cool to go from a 1 star team and build it up using a modified cupcake roster that basically makes it where it's tough as hell to win any games their first year and to go from there.

I can definitely understand people not wanting to do that though but that's always been fun for me.

3 stars would probably be optimal since it would allow for teams to build up quickly enough to keep everyone interested and maybe even result in a few bowl games for some of players.

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Not to be forgotten is that even though we are using a teams roster it doesn't mean we have to stick to their prestige level. The prestige level could be changed regardless of which roster we use so we coul all essentially have the same prestige level.

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Exactly. There's no reason no matter what conference we use that we can't change any of the information about the team (prestige level, recruiting pitches, etc).

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Didn't think about that..

that really simplifies things a lot

16. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I think its clear that 3 Star seems to be the safe bet here...

First decision has been made... all teams in The Creation will be forced to create a school with 3 star or below prestige levels....

New Question?

How do we limit the different pitches that schools can have?? My theory is this, lets make a maximum amount of "Very Good", "Elite" and so forth... so you can only have 2 elite's.... 2 very goods.... and the rest have to be below that or something.... we can determine a set number for all of these or should we just make that all optional???
    I just dont want evveryone to have "Elite" for everything, that will make recruiting to easy and our 3 star teams will just be 5 and 6 star in a couple seaons....

thoughts?

P.S. Thanks for showing interest guys, lets try and make this one of the premier leagues in TF!

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I was actually thinking about the pitches just a minute ago..

I agree..we can pick and choose what is what for our own team, but we have a limit.

Also, some things should start out low, it makes sense. School Tradition, Championship Contender...these are things that build up on their own, unlike academics and facilities

18. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Agreed! Keep the conversation and suggestions going here boys... everything will be decided by the group to try and increase the interest in the league.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Probably time to move this thread to "The Creation" forum now..right?

20. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

agreed... I just don't think I can move it haha

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lmao...well you could start a new thread..

because right now we know..

somewhat how we want to do the conferences
    the pitches
    some of the rules

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Shizzam!

I think pitches and all else should be based on some sort of points system maybe. For instance, every team starts out with 100 points. Each star on a prestige rank costs you 15 points and each elite pitch costs you ten, excellent 8, etc. Would make it fair and diverse.

I like the ideas being thrown about though, keep it up

23. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Actually, I think that might be the way to go with it.

With a points system, it would allow you to customize it within guidelines that could be figured out based on the point system we use.

I definitely think we should all start out at the same prestige rank though. No need to include that in the school pitch formula.

There are 11 different pitches and 8 notches (D, D+, C, C+, B, B+, A, A+) and each one starts off at D (so it doesn't count).

So, from that, I figure schools should have a max of 2 A+ pitches and 3 A pitches.

To do that, here is what I purpose:

You have 180 total points to spend on raising your different pitches, with the exception of Program Tradition and Championship Contender (which I think should be Ds no matter what).

The point scale for the different ratings for the pitches would be:

D+ - 5 points
    C - 10 points
    C+ - 15 points
    B - 20 points
    B+ - 25 points
    A - 35 points
    A+ - 50 points

With that system, it would cost you 100 points for 2 A+ pitches leaving you 80 points to spread around.

Here are what some basic combinations would be:

2 A+
    1 A
    1 B+
    1 B

or

1 A+
    3 A
    1 B+

or

3 A
    3 B+

or

2 A
    3 B+
    1 B
    1 C+

Looks pretty balanced to me.

Thoughts?

24. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Love it! (y)

Good stuff man.. this is the input we need to make The Creation a cool dynasty to join!! Good job!!

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think something like this could definately work. Let's get some more input.

As far as rosters go, why not do the same thing? Even if we base our rosters off of the team we are replacing, as discussed previously, we can spend some points to get a certain position, year and rating. Just a thought.