The Crushies voting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JQwon13, Dec 5, 2011.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

CoachRedd
    fuzzyl0gic
    Kasper
    The Natural
    Oshiomogho
    Philstyle3005
    -Cougars-
    UofCWildcat
    pnc
    hornfaninbama
    gwill

Alright guys, in order to do my annual Crushy awards, I need everyone to vote on each category. I also like to add one or two new categories each year, so please feel free to post on here any ideas you have for new categories. And PLEASE, NO voting for yourself.

Also, for your votes, please PM (Private Message) them to me. Do NOT post them on here. The voting is supposed to be anonymous and makes it more fun when it happens. Here are the categories:

1. Best Overall User in the league this season. Not necessarily the best team, but the user that really played the best.

2. Most surprising user in the league this season. Someone who surprised you with how well their team performed.

3. Most disappointing team in the league this season. Someone who you felt should have done more this season.

4. Best game this season. Need you guys to make nominations on here with a brief description of the game to help remind people.

5. Biggest Douche user. Not necessarily an insult but a user that just seems to be a douche. I don't take offense if you vote for me btw.

6. Nice guy award. Nicest guy in the league. (Might be tough to find)

7. Bright Future Award- Team you think will make the biggest jump next season.

8. Best Offensive Scheme- Has to be a team you played against and had the most trouble stopping their offense.

9. Best Defensive Scheme- The team that stopped your offense the most.

That's all of them. Please remember to PM your votes to me, not post on here. This is something we need everyone to vote on, so don't be 'that guy'. The sooner you can get them to me, the better. I know some of you still have a CCG to play so yall can wait until after that game to send your votes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Also, for #4- I'll nominate Purdue-Wisconsin. Back and forth game. Wisconsin tied it with a touchdown with under 30 seconds to go in regulation. Then Wisconsin converted a 4th down in OT to score a TD. Purdue followed with a touchdown and 2-pt conversion to win it 39-38.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Qwon I'll answer what I can, I feel a few of these should wait til after my game with Natural though.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Like biggest douche? (y)

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Best game I played in was the one against Virginia; I scored like 24 unanswered in the second half to win 27-23 I think. Having my star running back out and having to ride my freshman QB to a victory on the road @ the #7 ranked school in the country was a huge win for us.

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

:rolleyes:

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

In his defense, he never said who he was voting for..

:cool:

8. The Natural

Well if nominations are allowed to be posted I am nominating myself for biggest douche. Even though I have been playing NCAA less and keeping the games closer :)

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

No no...see the original message. No nominations for anything other than best game. And it's only because a lot of us need reminders on what the closest games were....

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I think i'll sit this one out since i've not been a part for a long time...

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah fair enough. I figured it would be tough for you, but didn't wanna leave ya out.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Also, I forgot to mention, but VERY important. You're NOT supposed to vote for yourself for any category.

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Submitted my votes.

14. fuzzyl0gic

So the only reason your games are close is because you will it, not the result of any skill of your opponent? Yeah, shit like that does make you a pretty big douche. Haha.

15. The Natural

It has nothing to do with "will", when I actually play and practice I am better than when I don't. Also I do put some limitations on myself when I play OD games. I try to play as sim as possible calling various formations and plays even when I KNOW I can move the ball using X play/formation.

Like when we played I tried to mix it up and throw different routes etc, which makes it harder since some routes just aren't open as often as others. Once I seen you were making basically making a living off of slants and drags I did the same and went down the field and scored.

Lately I've been playing more to be SIM than to win.

16. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah I agree with that. Some routes take forever to develop and you'll usually get sacked before you can make the throw, or the WR goes the wrong way when you throw the ball and it's a pick. I "made a living" on the only thing that was working for me against your D, I tried quite a few things as well.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

The Natural looking to make a late push in the polls lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Natural

Yep, some routes have time to develop vs lesser teams like Wake and Purdue that don't have a great pass rush. Some you have no chance of completing vs better dines you like your's, Michigan's, Wisconsin's or Clemson's.

I won douche of the week for the entire site. The OC douche would be a minor, much lesser award.

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Also guys, keep in mind the Crushies will get better every season as we get to know each other better. We'll start to have more off topic threads. When I did this in my old league we had categories like Best Thread and Game you most look forward to. I left these off cuz we haven't really had many off topic threads of interest other than Story time. And we haven't quite built up enough of a history to have a real interesting game next season.

I'm sure CoachRedd still remembers the infamous Qwon-Hammer meltdown thread. There was a disagreement during the game that I won't get into at this time as I'm still bitter about it, but it led to a lot of F bombs and personal attacks on the board after the game. The rest of the league just pulled out the popcorn and enjoyed. That year at the crushies, the Most anticipated game of next season was easily won by Myself and Hammer as people hoped for another meltdown. It was still a rather volatile exchange on the boards from that one but not to the degree of the first one.

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

They actually give that award?

21. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah, in the podcast (check the main page for TSO). I haven't listened to it in a while.

22. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

How the hell have i never won that? I've been douching it up real well. I've always talked shit to the admins...I even told one to hold my dick. That award is a joke if I've never gotten it...

23. fuzzyl0gic

You probably have, lol.

24. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Question: For #4 how are we supposed to pick a game if we only know our games?

25. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

That's why I was telling people to nominate some games for #4. In my old league, we were so tightly knit that we knew the result of each game as we were all in the same conference. Here we still have to grow into that. But I nominated my 39-38 OT win over Wisconsin. I know The Natural and fuzzyl0gic had a good one and maybe they can provide more here.