The Daily Duck (NCAA 12)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by chopper393, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

(AP)- The Oregon Ducks went into Death Valley and emerged victorious against LSU. LSU was favored by just a bit, but the Ducks didn't care at all.

Coach chopper went with a gameplan that attacked the so called "elite" secondary of LSU. Yes they did pick Darron Thomas off twice, but he also through 2 TDs and 287 yards while adding another 2 TDs on the ground. The Ducks will probably live and die by their QB's play as he had 4 TDs but 3 TOs. His favorite target was no mystery as he connected with Deanthony Thomas, his brother,(just makes a good story lol) as he threw to him 5 times for 101 yards.

When Herbie asked the two about the game they had this to say:

Darron: "This is just the start of something big, as we will connect many more times this year. We have almost a psychic connection, I know exactly where he's goin and know where he wants the ball."
    Deanthony: "He had a great game today, and I'm glad he got me the ball early and often. I just wanna say that I want a TD next time haha!

Oregon also dominated the defensive side of the ball, with LB Michael Clay being the standout. Clay had 2 pick 6s and a fumble recovery. Dion "The Dozer" Jordan bullrushed through the line, sacking Jordan Jefferson 4 times.

Erin Andrews caught up with with Michael before he went to the locker room:

Erin: "You had a great game today! How did you manage to score more than half as many points as LSU did by yourself?"
    Michael: "I just went out there and played my heart out. I gotta give credit to that LSU team, they put 26 points on us, and if we want to win a national championship, we will have to keep teams off the score board better."

Oregon gets over the first hurdle in their race for a NC and now shift their focus to next week against a scrappy Nevada team.

Oregon went with all green jerseys and black shoes against LSU-they were trying to blend in with the turf :)

2. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

9 SACKS?? damn! Think we need to look in to lowering human pash rush?

Other than that, great first win man. I love reading solid recaps.

3. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Ya I think that might be a good idea-1 to 2 notches maybe 3, but honestly Dion Jordan dominated the LT of LSU for his 4 sacks. The others Jordan Jefferson held onto the ball too long-hopefully the patc fixes this and he will scramble next time!

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Yeah. I've been seeing a ton of pressure with my DTs on Va Tech in Logan and my 2 man OD. Not sure if it's just because Va Tech has a monster pass rushing DT (who sucks at stopping the run) and another very good DT, but they get a ton of sacks.

5. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I just checked out the game on EA's site...you have like 10123021432 uni combos chopper! How bout we see more than just the default, boring green jersies this year! :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Sounds good-I'll try to make sure I don't use the same jersey all year. I'll post what jersey I used in here with each game recap.

7. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

(AP)- Nike U showed Nevada U how football is supposed to be played. Oregon beat Nevada 56-7.

After being invisible in the opening week due to a potent passing attack, many were asking why LaMichael James wasn't featured more. A Duck insider reported that James was sick. Coach Chopper confirmed this and told us that is why he only got the few carries he did. This week was different, as James went for 193 yards and 3 TDs. He had two big runs, a 71 and 72 yarder. Darron Thomas had an ok game throwing both TDs to his brother, but also having 2 INTs. DeAnthony also ran for a TD late in the game.

Fox college football insider, Jay Glazer, caught up with LaMichael after the game:

The Glaze: After being held to only 60 yards last week, critics were saying you didn't belong in the heisman race, how did that motivate you for this game?
    James: Ya I got sick last week and wanted to come out here and prove I do belong with the big guns. If you think this was a big game, wait till next week where I'm going to take a little frustration out on Troy, just for being anywhere close to Auburn

The Duck Defense was also solid in the win holding the Wolfpack to 7 points-scored late in the 4th. Oregon forced 4 TOs as FS John Boyett and CB Cliff Harris both picked off QB Tyler Lantrip twice. Harris returned both of his for TDs. The defensive line also had a good day where both defensive ends double dipped in the sack department.

Jay also spoke to Harris outside the locker room:

Glaze: You were left off of the Preseason All-America list due to driving 118 mph with a suspended license and being repremanded. Are you trying to prove that you should have been on that list?
    Harris: Of course I should have been on it. I just go out and play to the best of my ability and if I do pick the ball off, I try to be a playmaker and help the offense out by getting to the endzone.

Oregon now looks forward to taking revenge on hated Troy team-just because of their hard feelings with Auburn and the state of Alabama in general.

8. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

(AP)- Oregon took out their hatred of Auburn on the poor team of Troy. They were on every facet of their game, defeating Troy 66-0.

LaMichael James was quoted saying last week that he would run wild in this game. He is a man of his word as he ran for 240 yards and 6 TDs on only 19 carries. James' partner in crime in the backfield, Kenjon Barner, also added a TD. Even 3rd stringer Lache Seastrunk could have had 2 TDs had Coach Chopper not told him to stop before the goaline. The Ducks didn't need the Thomas duo much in this one, but when called upon they delivered connecting 3 times.

Sports Illustrated's Oregon insider, Matt Gagne asked James about his performance:

Matt: After running all over Troy, do you think you can perform like this against any team from Alabama?
    James: Absolutely! I am ready to run like this against anybody. My O-line did a great job this week and I give credit to them for giving me so many holes to run through.

The Duck Defense was lights out again shutting out the Trojans. They also forced 7 TOs and LB Michael Clay returned a fumble for a TD. John Boyett also added another 2 picks. The defensive line had a field day recording 5 sacks. Coach Chopper said "This is the defense we expected from these guys, I think they have got everything figured out now and are ready to play like this week in and week out."

Next week the Ducks travel to Arizona to take on QB Nick Foles and the Wildcats in their first conference battle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

(AP)- Oregon beats down Arizona on their home turf 59-17. It could have been worse had Bryan Bennet not felt sorry for them and kneel at the goaline,

LaMichael did his thing, rushing for 212 yards and a 4 scores as Oregon couldn't trust Darron Thomas except with a couple throws, as he threw a few into double coverage, but did throw a TD to none other than his brother. Barner also had a solid game going with 70 yards and a TD. There wasn't much the Wildcat defense could do, but they did force Darron to fumble which caused Coach Chopper to really limit his touches.

After the game Herbie asked him about Thomas' limited touches:

Herbie: Why did you choose to limit what Darron could do in this game? Was it because of the fumble?
    Coach Chopper: LaMichael was just on fire today, but we wanted to give Darron some reps. I liked what I saw from him, but after the fumble I figured why not just keep handing it off to the best back in the country, rather than risk Darron getting hurt.

Oregon's defense did well limiting the Air Raid offense of the Wildcats. They had 3 picks including CB Cliff Harris' 106 yard pick 6. DE Terrell Turner also got knoced down twice on a play then picked up a fumble and took it to the house after braking a tackle.

Hebie also asked Harris about his great return:

Herbie: How did you manage to catch that and then turn on the burners and fly 106 yards for the TD?
    Harris: You sayin I have stone hands and am slow? haha No, man I was mad that they had put together a long drive together against us, and Foles completed 2 3rd down conversions to my reciever. I just stepped up in the redzone, picked it off and then wanted to show off my own immitation of "LaMichael".

Oregon is on a bye next week, which hopefully enables them to coach Darron Thomas up and get the passing game up to speed.

10. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

(AP)- The Thomas twins let their duck wings fly as they led Oregon to a 63-7 victory over undefeated Cal.

Cal came out stuffing the run(I swear they like run committed everytime) and LaMichael only went for 93 yards and a TD. During the bye week the coaches worked with Darron Thomas to get the passing game going. Coach Chopper admitted he was really hard on the ariel team during the bye week. "I made these guys run windsprints, so they would know that once they caught the ball they better get in the endzone or they would be doing more the next week." The motivation must have worked as Thomas threw 8 times completing 5, but all 5 were TDs including ones from 81(to Josh Huff), 64(to Rashad Vaughn), and three to his brother DeAnthony(56,49,68).

The defense was also energized coming off of the bye week and forced 5 turnovers(4 user). MLB Josh Kaddu did it all as he had a sack, picked a pass off and ran it in for a score, and recovered his own forced fumble, which he also took to the house.(This was my user controlled defender) CB Chris Harris also took a fumble back for a TD after the ball bounced around off of linemen's heads about 10 times, and then fell into his arms. The defense did collapse on one play where the cal running back went for a 65 yard TD.

Oregon hosts ASU next week and will face the 6'8" QB Brock Osweiler and the hard hitting MLB Vontaze Burfict.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.