The Death of Speed Restrictions?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, May 1, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

The Death of Speed Restrictions?

From what I've seen in the EA blogs and designers posting over at Operation Sports, I think we can safely say that we won't need artificial speed restrictions in 2010.

A designer was in year 2012 of his dynasty, and the top 10 players had speeds of:

1. 99 (Darius Miles )
    2. 98
    3. 97
    4. 97
    5. 97
    6. 97
    7. 96
    8. 96
    9. 96
    10. 96

Not too bad at all, especially considering that they'd all be 99 easily in this year's game. Plus the fact that they're reducing the difference between the speed ratings.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

also as long as that 99 speed guy is not going to be the Golden Boy of the league. He better not be a 79 ovr with 99 speed and he is amazing.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah based on the info we have been given, speed restrictions should be gone! Thank god they worked on this.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Good. I hate the restrictions. We needed them, but I'll be glad to see them go.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya i was happy when i seen that post

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

One thing I wasn't happy about with that article was them saying that the players will come in with lower ratings. I really felt it was pretty realistic last year! For instance they said This year very few players will be in the 80's whereas "most were in the 80's last year" or something like that.

Russ, did you even play this game? I recruited about five or six 80+ OVR players this entire dynasty!!!

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'll be glad that they are making the 40 times realistic.

4.1X anything is inhuman. There is only a select few people in the history of the world who can run sub 4.30.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I agree wholeheartedly. And I'm looking forward to seeing fewer 99 speed players. It will be awesome if a 90 speed guy is useful (y)

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I actually like the lower ratings, if we tie them to school success and prestige. Win, and your guys will get better faster. Lose, and the whole program takes a hit. Pretty interesting stuff, if you ask me.

Besides, as the game is now, we're all a couple of years from being 99 across the board, unless we restrict ourselves, that is. Lower rated incoming guys will mean more selective recruiting. We can't just recruit a guy and plug him in as a true freshman, at least not as often. I think it will add something to the game, even if it takes away our ability to simply reload every year.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hell it would be awesome if an 88 speed guy was worth something. I think they need to take into account acceleration more. There are a lot of guys that don't have that top end speed but get up to full speed LIGHTNING quick and have tons of success (i.e. Javon Ringer).

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

it is hard to get and hold a 99 overall team even without restrictions. Problem is these awesome recruits come in and play for 2 years and want to go pro. Alot of the studs leave because by their junior year they are already a 95 rated player.

I would overall like to see less 95+ ovr rated players. Maybe 1-2 per team.....not 5-10.

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I completely agree

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

JC if you look at the videos (too lazy to link now), it looks like they have addressed some of that. Tough to tell if it is as good as it seems yet, but it sure looks good.

14. I will be happy when I see a 97 speed guy not get smoked by a 99 speed guy like he was standing still.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'll be happy when guys like John Clay can dominate in the game the same way he will in real life.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    they need to take power into account and not have these fast LB's get into lanes so quickly...make them weaker in space or something so they won't be so damn fast to the ball.