The Decision(s): NCAA 14

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by KnightNoles, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Welcome back to Second to None for the upcoming 2nd full release of our OD and our 3rd overall. There are several things that we need to hash out and how we will conduct everything for this release.

1. Members
    2. Conference(s) and Team(s)
    3. Content
    4. Misc
    1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get?
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this?

2)
    Do we stick with what we did this year, you know me as long as the teams keep you interested for the entire release, I am happy.
    I wouldn't mind 1 conference, realistically going 2 with 6 each or 3 with 4 each of course.
    Do we stick with Carousel on or not?

3)
    I like content, reading and learning about the teams, players, etc..
    Game recaps
    CPU-- I don't care what you do, 1 or 2 lines or a page.
    User-- Little bit more detailed, show some emotion in the recap, gives us some stats, key moment, etc.
    Team
    I would like Preseason media guide, halfway recap and then a season review.
    Learn about the team, how the season is going, wrap it up and tell us what could have been done differently and/or how successful were you.
    Awards & HOF
    Something new to start, what can we vote on?
    OFresh, DFresh, QB, HB, WR, and defensive player of the year
    Private PM coach of the year vote
    Introduce a Hall of Fame and keep it running, we could possibly back track this to previous seasons that we have already completed.

4)
    I know I am leaving out something(s) but at the moment can't place them.

DrunkenSoldier
    trevorg234
    MrWitness36
    Coach_III
    redwings8831
    jusblaze09
    chance17
    MarkyMark67
    webbs6212
    T3AM_F1GHT_0N
    broth262
    Nautica

Past members/waiting list
    mikedredd
    krtgolfing
    cmassey13
    LongGONE24
    LTL7360

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnightNoles

Please do not hit reply and quote the text. Copy and paste with your thoughts in yellow, ex:

1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get? Yes, I am in for '14
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this? Spring '14

3. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get?-I would love to get in. I had a great time in the league last fall, and was angry I had to give it up when my disc broke
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this?- Im not planning on getting the PS4 until at least 2015. With me graduating next spring, I may not even get it once my career kicks off.

2)
    Do we stick with what we did this year? I think 2 or 3 conferences would be fun. Im fine as long as there is a conference with a southern team.

Do we stick with Carousel on or not?- Thats fine with me. If I get a team, I will most likely stick to them. (Unless A&M is a free team during the year)

3)
    I like content, reading and learning about the teams, players, etc.
    Game recaps
    User-- Little bit more detailed, show some emotion in the recap, gives us some stats, key moment, etc.
    Team
    Learn about the team, how the season is going, wrap it up and tell us what could have been done differently and/or how successful were you.
    Awards & HOF
    Introduce a Hall of Fame and keep it running, we could possibly back track this to previous seasons that we have already completed.- I like all of these, esp HOF S2N. Maybe also add a All S2N offense and Defense 1st and 2nd team per year. Maybe even track stats halfway in the year, like how many total offensive points/yards and name players like Best Offensive player, Winning % Record, ect.

4)
    I know I am leaving out something(s) but at the moment can't place them.- I was wondering if you are waiting till rosters are named. It doesnt bother me if we wait for the names, but its not that big of a deal.

4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

1)
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this? I will be getting the PS4, probably not til next year.

2)
    Do we stick with what we did this year, you know me as long as the teams keep you interested for the entire release, I am happy.
    I wouldn't mind 1 conference, realistically going 2 with 6 each or 3 with 4 each of course.
    Do we stick with Carousel on or not? Im all for CC being on, if it works properly. Also id like to go 2 conferences with 6 guys in each.

3)
    I like content, reading and learning about the teams, players, etc. If we want to become a better league we will have to step up the content, I definitively will have to do a better job as i definitely was a slacker. I like the ideas i think everyone needs to be responsible for Preseason Guide, game recaps, half way review and season review. I also like the idea of yearly awards we vote on and a HOF.

I know I am leaving out something(s) but at the moment can't place them. I think its a must to wait for named rosters, i dont need ratings and stuff updated but names yes.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get? I will be returning...last year was the 1st time I've ever gotten burned out on NCAA. I really like how the game is really different with the infinity engine so I'm excited to play a "new" game.
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this? I will be getting the ps4 during April or May of next year during tax season. I'm going to keep the ps3 and finish out the year with that. Hopefully we all migrate over for 15.

2)
    Do we stick with Carousel on or not? I'm not a huge fan of a 2 conference setup as long as the teams are all almost even, meaning if we go a small conference like MAC vs CUSA type setup. There would be too much of a talent gap between teams if we were to try to do that with the other conferences and a few teams would just end up leaps and bounds above the rest just because of the recruiting advantage. That would be a very competitive setup and I feel like that is the best IMO. Other than that I like the 4 in 3 setup. I would like to see the SEC, BIG or ACC and the PAC12. My top teams Honestly are Bama (I LOVE the 34 D and running game), A&M(Who cares about Manziel, I really like how young that team is), Ohio St(My nephew just visited there and may go as a walkon if he isn't offered a scholarship, unless louisville offers him. So fan by assimilation I guess), Clemson or FSU(only teams in the ACC I could get into), and Oregon. I'm not going to want ND and I'll let Drunken have them this year and just take them the next. As far as CC, I am not a huge fan of it but I'm OK with it if the majority is.

4)
    I know I am leaving out something(s) but at the moment can't place them. Like Drunken, Named rosters are a must. 3-4 User games a season at least. Putting a 2 team limit on Tre....:wacky:.

6. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get? You know me--I'll be in
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this? Depending on a few factors, I'll be getting a ps4 either this fall or next spring. Either way, NCAA isn't coming out for the system so I'll be here the whole release.

2)
    I wouldn't mind 1 conference, realistically going 2 with 6 each or 3 with 4 each of course. I don't care for a once conference league because advances take far too long. I won't be able to schedule 9+ user games every single season either. Plus, the bottom half of leagues tend to lose interest when their team is stuck in the cesspool. That said, I prefer either 2 or 3 top conferences (ACC, PAC-12, Big Ten, SEC). My early vote would be SEC vs Big Ten or SEC vs ACC vs Big Ten. I don't want to play in the ACC, though--Big Ten or SEC for me. I don't think the Pac-12 really fits unless we do a two conference league but that leaves a lot of guys without their favorite team. It doesn't really fit recruiting wise in a 3 league setup.

Do we stick with Carousel on or not? I don't really care as long as we don't jump teams every season (I know, I know, I'm one to talk right?). I think if we get four or five seasons into the release and a guy gets tired of his team, he should be able to take a better offer to keep it fresh.

3)
    Game recaps
    User-- Little bit more detailed, show some emotion in the recap, gives us some stats, key moment, etc. I think we were really good about this last year. I remember chance and broth's recaps as being exceptional.
    Awards & HOF
    OFresh, DFresh, QB, HB, WR, and defensive player of the year. I really like the idea. Year-end awards would be pretty sweet and easy to do. I could probably bring back the All-Second to None team if there was interest.
    Private PM coach of the year vote I like it.
    Introduce a Hall of Fame and keep it running, we could possibly back track this to previous seasons that we have already completed. I support this 100%. I say we name it the "Adam Grimes Hall of Excellence" after the greatest DE in the history of s2n, Adam Grimes.

4) I don't care for team drafts at all. I really think the best way to do it is just have a week where guys can claim the team that they really want to be, and negotiate with other members if needed. Drafts often lead to guys getting stuck with teams or conferences that don't really interest them. Hello, November membership drive. Also, named rosters are of course a must, but rosters with ratings edits scare me. Those guys on OS last year butchered rosters by editing skill sets of different guys making it nothing more than a fan boy frenzy.

I should also add that I hate independent teams. I think not having a conference championship game is such a huge advantage because it means not having to beat another user. For example, last year I lost the Big Ten championship game after being ranked #2 in the country; if I was an independent, I would have been in the NC game. If we want to have a Notre Dame user, I think they should join a conference.

Haha.. no more switching teams. Especially with the whole coach skill tree aspect; starting all over after a season or two would be a killer.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  7. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get?im in this year only league on tso
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this? i do not plan on getting ps4 till fall of 14 unless i win lotto

2)
    I wouldn't mind 1 conference, realistically going 2 with 6 each or 3 with 4 each of course. i dont mind what conferences we go with i will find a team i will like
    Do we stick with Carousel on or not? i dont mind this either

3)
    Game recaps
    like what trevorg234 said..i think i can improve on mine some more also
    Team
    I would like Preseason media guide, halfway recap and then a season review. good idea keeps everyone up to date and kinda of a scouting for teams.
    Awards & HOF
    Introduce a Hall of Fame and keep it running, we could possibly back track this to previous seasons that we have already completed.
    both ideas are good everyone can summit there "all confr team ofrsh ect." and go by common player at positions

8. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

The more I think about it unless we open it up to any team in NCAA, I think the CC would have to be turned off. I would be open to have CC on and keep any team available, this will allow the CC to work and you can change teams whenever you can. If not it would be tough just to get a job within your own conference

9. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

1)

I'm coming back, only league I have

I don't plan on getting a PS4 until my spring semester refund check comes in, still got GTA V and Last of Us to take care of this gen.

2)

2 or 3 conferences is fine with me as long as I don't end up in the BIG. Due to their new schedule set-up, are we counting ND as an ACC team if Drunken does in fact take them over?

Drunken just made a good point, if we were open to every team then keep it on, but I don't see the point if we're stuck to the same 2-3 conferences.

3)
    Game recaps
    Team
    Awards & HOF

I'm down with all of this.

4)

I'm sure everybody else will cover this better than me.

10. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

1) Who will return and who are we going to go out and get? If invited back I will be in S2N and Chompion league.
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this? I will be getting the PS4 soon as they become available, but will also be keeping my PS3.

2)
    I wouldn't mind seeing 2 with 6 each or 3 with 4 each to help mix it up.
    Do we stick with Carousel on or not? Coaching carousel don't really care too much about it. I'm pretty sure everybody here picking a team to ride it out with. With the new coaching skills it will be interesting.

3)
    Game recaps
    Team
    Awards & HOF
    I agree with all of this as well. This is what makes and break a good dynasty. The recaps will and halfway recap will be coaches interested and glued waiting to see whats next.

4)
    I know I am leaving out something(s) but at the moment can't place them.- I will like to wait for the names at least, but I'm down for whatever the dynasty decides to do.

11. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get? Yessir
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this? I will be getting PS4 day one but NCAA is my favorite game. I plan to be here the whole release.

2)
    Do we stick with Carousel on or not? 3 conferences is my vote. I dont want anyone getting someone they dont want. No draft, we can work it out. I say keep ND as independent.

3)
    Game recaps
    Team
    Awards & HOF

I definitely will step this up 100% this season.

4)
    Coach skills should be on slowest and reset each season (just my opinion) NCAA has created real solid game-play I hate they added the coaching skills that affect whats happening on the field (video game wise).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
  12. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

Hello Guys, I would love to be in the league. I know I dropped the ball, but things will even out at some point. I had a blast in the league.

1. Misc
    1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get?MarkyMark, I would love to be invited back.
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this? I like to see how the bugs get worked out of a new system. So, if I buy the new system it will be in the spring of 2014.

2)
    I wouldn't mind 1 conference, realistically going 2 with 6 each or 3 with 4 each of course. I like the 3 conf with 4 each.

3)
    Game recaps
    Team
    Awards & HOF
    I like all of these.
    4)
    I know I am leaving out something(s) but at the moment can't place them. I would like to have the PAC12 as one of the conferences.

13. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    1) I plan on returning, this is the only OD I expect to be playing in. I'm holding off on buying a PS4 with the hope I can get one through bowl gifts *Crosses Fingers*

2) I'm against CC, I am fine with 1, 2 or 3 conferences. I prefer 2 though, but would be fine with any of those setups.

3) I thought I had some decent content last cycle and would like to improve on it. Like some of your ideas. 3 things I had been thinking of were continuing my BCS standing as well as introducing S2N Power Rankings and possibly a podcast.

4)I had something to put here earlier in the day but it has slipped my mind.

14. chance17

chance17 Walk On

1) I plan on participating in the next cycle and will also be getting a PS4 (keeping PS3)

2) I like the idea of fewer conferences, but that makes scheduling more tricky.

3) I can bring back the content I was bringing easily, but won't be able to do anything overly involved. My final year of Ph.D. research and writing a thesis will interfere too much.

4) Reserved

15. T3AM_F1GHT_0N

T3AM_F1GHT_0N Walk On

1)

I will be returning for NCAA 14. I like how this league is run and thanks to trevorg234 for letting me know that there's a spot open last year. I really enjoyed playing with you guys.

As of right now, if I can save up enough money for launch date then I might go ahead and buy a PS4, but if not then I'll probably buy one in the spring. I will keep my PS3 until everybody in this league converts to PS4.

2)
    Do we stick with what we did this year, you know me as long as the teams keep you interested for the entire release, I am happy. I wouldn't mind 1 conference, realistically going 2 with 6 each or 3 with 4 each of course.

I am fine with 2 or 3 conferences.

I don't really care if we stick to Carousel or not. It's up to you guys. I am fine with whatever you guys choose.

3)
    Game recaps
    Team
    Awards & HOF

I like this idea.

4)

I would prefer if we get named roster before we start. If we decided to go with three conferences, can we get PAC12 instead of Big10? Maybe we can vote on that.

16. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get?-Would love to join for the 14 cycle. I know I am at the botom of the list, but that is to be expected.

PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this?- I am not sure my plans yet for the PS4/ Xbox one release. Still being in college and working at a low paying internship over the summer/fall not sure how the national fund of Ryan will be in November. Especially how me and my gf love spending money going to concerts and all. Not sure if I will be gettting the new xbox or ps4. still trying to figure it out.

2)
    Do we stick with what we did this year? Two or three conferences would be ideal I believe. Get a good mix of user games and cpu games!

Do we stick with Carousel on or not?- I do not have a preference. I know I would hopefully be able to choose a team that I really enjoy for the original release, but know that being able to change things up is sometimes a good thing.

3)
    I like content, reading and learning about the teams, players, etc.
    Game recaps
    Team
    Awards & HOF
    Introduce a Hall of Fame and keep it running, we could possibly back track this to previous seasons that we have already completed.-Love all of these ideas. I know when I was in S2N I always tried to have a game recap page with a paragraph or so of information abobut the games. Would love to be able to have some more information with content, because I know content would really help make a league better. I know my writing skills are lackluster but I tried last release. Anything you have in mind go for it!

4)
    I know I am leaving out something(s) but at the moment can't place them.- I am not sure what you may be missing. Conferences would need to have SEC, and the other one/two do not matter to me. Just have to have the king of college football. Would also want to wait until we have a named roster. Best of luck with the release! Should be picking up the game at midnight!!

17. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Looks like a good group to me. It looks like the majority is feeling the 2 or 3 conference setup with a slight edge toward 3. Once we have that figured out, the rest should come pretty easily.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

KnightNoles if there is an opportunity, let me know of a spot here. If I were to do an OD this year, judging from the people in this league that I see here, this would be one I would look to join if possible.

So let me know man.

19. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Any updates on this front?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Yea really. I wish Noles stop dragging booty on this.

• Like Like x 3
  21. KnightNoles

Another post will come today/tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

23. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

1)
    Who will return and who are we going to go out and get? Would like to return, enjoyed the dynasty last release
    PS4 is coming out, what are your plans for this? Holding off until probably spring 2014 (in time for the 15 releases)

2)
    I wouldn't mind 1 conference, realistically going 2 with 6 each or 3 with 4 each of course. Big Ten and Pac 12. There are plenty of other leagues here that run with the SEC (like 99% of them). Prefer to play with Michigan.
    Do we stick with Carousel on or not? Doesn't really matter, would prefer to keep the same team throughout.

3)
    Game recaps
    Team
    Awards & HOF
    Up for whatever, will contribute.

4)
    I know I am leaving out something(s) but at the moment can't place them. Boycott the SEC.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  24. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

The issue I see with running 6 in the Pac-12 is that after Oregon, USC, and Stanford, everybody blows. I don't know if we could find three more users out there. Maybe UCLA would find a taker.

25. T3AM_F1GHT_0N

T3AM_F1GHT_0N Walk On

Washington and Oregon State can be the other two teams.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.