The Decision Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Guys,

With the league going premiere, and us only being allowed to join on premiere league, it is possible that some of us might have decisions to make going forward. I have been asked to submit a roster for 2012, so I thought I should ask you guys what you're intentions are.

Now, I know Iowa is a co-commish in Z2H (who is also going premiere) and he will be stepping down here to maintain that role. I thank him for everything and wish him the best. I only hope we can fill his spot with someone just like him.

As for the rest of you, I don't want to assume you're sticking with us, but I do need to ask. If you don't mind, I'd like a confirmation of your intentions for next season. Put a post up when you get a chance, and welcome to the newest premiere league on TSO. We earned it, fellas. Now let's go play some football.

AG

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I recently retired from Cream of the Crop, so despite the new rules, the transition will be a seamless one for me. I look forward to the release of '12. We're going to have a lot of fun.

3. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Hey guys, sorry I'll be unable to be with you guys next year as I've had a great time with all of you. I wish there was a way to make it work, but I've gotta stick with Z2H. With that being said, I still plan on finishing '11 with you guys and will be as active as possible, though my schedule with traveling may start to get hectic.

4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Im not going to be able to be with you guys either next year, ive been in BCS Chaos for last years game and this year so my loyalties lie with them. That being said i'll give up my spot if you guys need to start trying to find some replacement players. If not i'll finish till the new game comes out

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I understand completely. This kind of thing is happening all over. Most of the new premiere leagues are turning in rosters of seven and eight guys, so there is a lot of "double dipping" being worked out right now. Chaos is a great league; I'm sure they are ready for the next step. Good luck in '12.

6. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I will join as a premiere member and stick to this league- Congrats!

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I will be here...this is where I cut my teeth.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

I'm not going any where either

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm planning on being here.

10. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I posted in a diff league but ya lets do it. I'll be here. I appreciate you guys giving me a chance to prove myself and I look forward to bringing Charlie Weis's offense at you

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

So, according to what I have seen so far:

AG
    Easy
    Ego
    bdub
    Goose
    Tom
    Eyeke

This is our list as it stands right now. I'm sure others will weigh in when they can.

Iowa is out (damn you Z2H!)
    DS is out (damn you Chaos!)

And I think Rhino has a decision to make.

And I think we need to hear from Dude.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just so we're clear -

lack of response translates to "not interested" by, let's say ... tomorrow morning. Fair?

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Are they not logging on?

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I have one guys who needs to make a call between us and Z2H (he started in Z2H, so I'm guessing he'll stay there) and another who hasn't been on in a while, and who I currently don't have on my roster for next year. He'll need to be pretty convincing to get back.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If he hasn't been on in a while...he isn't really in your league.

16. justadude

justadude Walk On

It is not lack of interest. I am just mulling the decision. I do not get how I have not been on... my last post was on Friday. As for not really being in the league... that is just not true, I post all my game recaps, because to me that is part of the fun. I did not post TTU because I ask for it to be simed in a convo I never got a response on.

Regardless of that, I think that if I would have responded positively by now if I really wanted to make the move.I waited so long because I wanted to give myself time to make the right choice for me.

The league is well run and my game against goose was one of the better user games I have played (not because it was exciting, but because it was good, quality, football being played).

However, I feel it is best for me not to go premier at this time and look for a regular league if that is alright.

I would like to finish out the season at least or stick with you until NCAA 12 comes out. Unless you need my spot, in which case I will understand.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Hope we didn't upset you. It wasn't the goal. I just needed to know who's in and who's not. I've also been waiting for a response from Rhino, but I haven't heard anything, so I have to assume he's out also. You may certainly stay and play out the '11 season.

18. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I know I am on the outside looking in, but why in the world would you not want to go premier with the rest of the guys in this dynasty?

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

And just so we're clear, the option to do so exists. I just assumed, since several days passed with no response to this thread, that it wasn't what Dude wanted. Same with Rhino, who still hasn't responded. We can talk about options, since nothing is carved in stone just yet.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It's going to be carved in stone soon.

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I know - I just didn't want a good guy thinking I was looking for a reason to get tough on folks. Dude's a good dude ... for a European.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Canadian?

23. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

No dude really is a europenis

24. justadude

justadude Walk On

I think my profile says Germany... but, actually I am an American. ;)

The reason I feel it would be best for me not to go premier with the rest of the guys is because I have been experiencing frustration with the slider settings for the run game. My skill at playing defense most likely has something to do with this. I also get a very cheesy vibe from the CPU play. I do not find it much fun.

Whatever the reasons, what is important to me is not getting in a situation where I am not having fun and end up wanting to leave after a season or two. Needless to say, it was a hard choice, but I would rather be sure and fully committed when accepting such a spot. It would not be fair to the others or myself.

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Completely your call. We understand. Many guys would let this go, and end up putting the guys in a bad spot later by dropping out. Classy thing to get ahead of that kind of thing. If you need a recommendation, just say the word.