The Deuce '14

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Timpegoose, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm going full blown AirRaid/Triple Option Cheese Train. Fuck you all.:)

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im going to need to see more before Im in, but I like the idea of one big conference.

If they didn't overhaul the recruiting, then Im not sure;

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Don't say that to Drifterbub, he hates user games.:)

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
  6. OMlawdog

Different strokes for different folks.

Personally I like them. My games against JrRawlins were almost always classics where I was able to cheeze squeak out a win.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I like playing JrRawlins too. Fucker sends out two receivers every play and still rapes me.

8. OMlawdog

I did read them, and the gameplay is one thing, but what keeps me coming back to any football game is the offseason. That is why I like Madden this year, free agency, the draft and waivers is fun.

The recruiting really hasn't changed much and the CPU recruiting logic hasn't been fixed for years and watching teams like Bama have 6 DT's while having a walkon RG three years from the start date is just brutal.

One of the main reasons the CPU sucks by season 3 is not only us catching up with the CPU but also the CPU having walk ons and two stars starting at key positions because they have no real recruiting board.

I would love to get back to winning national titles every 4 weeks. My wife doesn't look at me the same when I mention NFC championships or only 7 game winning streaks. She needs 20+ game winning streaks to get in the mood.

• Like Like x 4
  9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Recruiting has been completely overhauled AFAIK. There was an article somewhere about the EA team meeting with the WVU staff to discuss just this. I think it will be a huge change from what I have read. Im sure Shaun or Ronnie has the link somewhere.

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

11. OMlawdog

I would love for that to be accurate. The way it should work is that each team should have a recruiting board for each position. You then rank them 1-10; I would think your recruiting points or however you want to do it will be affected by rank. If you have a 2 star as your 10th most wanted guy, but Tulane as him number 1 and has offered him, that should matter.

You should also have some type of designation as to how many at each position you are going to take. Most schools are going to sign a set amount regardless. If their number 1 QB goes off the board, they almost always go after whoever was number 2 on their board. In some cases you may have an instance where a player is simply too good to pass up. Personally I like the idea of only being able to sign a set amount of players at each position which the coach determines in the preseason after looking at who is interested.

Imagine how important scholarship balance would be? Imagine having to pass on signing 5 WR's because you only need 2 and have other needs? Having middle tier teams like Cincy, UVA, Vandy and USF having to look out for teams like OSU, PSU, UT and FSU and if they miss on a guy they better be worried that their commit is about to get an offer and he decides to "open things up"

Also, I don't think there should be offseason players, but there should be movement in the rankings. A five star can become a 3 star and so on. Also there should be January enrollees.

Anyway, there is simply so many ways to make recruiting awesome, including recruiting budgets, assistant coaches (SO important in real life and simply missed in the game), high school pipelines (not state pipelines), and kids opening up their recruitment when a coach gets fired and top notch assistant coaches hit the market.

Imagine a scenario where a great recruiter like Larry Porter gets fired from UT and he is on the open market, if his recruiting ability actually translated into getting recruits, it would be awesome to be able to bid for him, having to use money from a coaching pool or borrow money from your recruiting budget.

As you can see, there are so many ways to make Recruiting just lights out, but I just doubt they will put that much effort into making it happen.

• Like Like x 3
  12. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

A Deuce reunion tour?????? Interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Damn straight. Happy birthday by the way man.

14. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Thanks goose....getting older :(

15. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Who was that guy we chased out a couple seasons versions ago? Anyone here from him?

What's good Khaalis?

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Holy shit a Sanders sighting. How've you been man? Heard you got a little one on the way, congrats dude.

• Like Like x 1
  17. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Yeah man, thanks. Our first one, a daughter, is due June 21st. Miss the league and the late Sunday recruiting nights.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Congrats buddy. It changes everything.:)

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It's not really about effort. I think after last year the concern should be getting a system in place that actually works and building a foundation based on actual recruiting concepts. Which is something the article that PA mentioned.

News for this will drop on 5/28. So I can't really talk about details until then.

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Looking forward to dynasty news and looking forward to Deuce 14. My football gaming break so far this year will have me hungry for it come this summer.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I wasn't really planning on getting NCAA but all this Deuce nostalgia in the chatbox has me rethinking.

22. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

You need to avenge David Harris. This is your year to do it!

23. Bondzai

Fuck David Harris

JrRawlins

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You're getting NCAA, tool.

5/28/13 - All of you will come waltzing back into this forum as if NCAA 12 was yesterday.

25. Bondzai

A lot of it also depends on who else is coming back.