THE DEUCE......

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by jkhaalis991, Jun 25, 2012.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

has had a few members pass through its doors since it was founded:

1. Bogey(last seen 07/10/2010): His "WILD DUCK" offense with Oregon....yea that was SIM :rolleyes:

2. Diggin Graves(last seen 09/26/2010): Posted that "its all about the Deuce" on 12/2009...Left the Deuce a few months later...started a league on 01/2010, but never really got it off the ground...was in a league on 07/24/2010...after that he just disappeared.

3. Muttcope(last seen 01/12/2011): Mutt was a very good member of the Deuce as 1 of the original members & he was hit with some very hard times while in the Deuce(It was a tornado or flood hit his town that really put everything else on the backburner....he came back, but left about 2 months later without a word.....hopefully all is well with him.

4. RynoAid(still here on the site): RynoAid...creator of Tradition Sports Online(no slight to any1 who helped him create the site. I know you all have had a huge part.)joined the Deuce in 07/2010, but left on 10/2010 because & I quote "Sorry, i just couldn't keep up with the league. I need time to direct towards the site growth and The Deuce is a real time commitment.
    good luck, you guys are machines..." Ryno didn't know how much commitment the Deuce is...Like he said we are like machines.

5. Dru50(still here on the site): Dru joined the Deuce on 07/2010, but left on 09/2010 to "spend more time with his family" & "I can only continue in one league going forward"....he got all the well wishes & compliments that come from being a good member....who can fault any1 for wanting to spend more time with their family...... :eek: a week later Dru joins another league...it is what it is.....

6. Keller(still here on the site, but some people wish he wasn't): Keller joined the Deuce 7/2011 & left on 01/2012....Keller time IMO was funny...Keller got alot of shit(some his fault), but he took it all in stride IMO....mention his name brings hatred so I will shut up now :)....this will be forever know as the "KELLER ERA"

I know there are more people who have come and gone:

Gators: Not sure why he left
    Basis: Rumor is he left because Bond beat him.....
    Kasper: Left to Focus on Offline Dynasties
    Unknown member who left cause I was going to Macklin deep...you don't bring the safety over the top then you are a fool..
    Unknown member who left to play more Call of Duty...wish I could remember who it was so I can put them on blast :)

It seems like we come full circle as a league...we lose 1 original member(Sanders), but gain 3 back(Myself, Flo....& his wife)

Also I now consider Goose a original member as I don't remember when he joined(as I told Shaun the same thing a year ago).

I believe this year the Deuce will be best it ever has been since we first started.

Sorry for the long post...my day off and I was bored this morning :)

Edited: Thanx Bond for the corrections and your welcome :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Basis was the guy that quit after I beat him.

Kasper quit to focus on offline dynasties.

Thank you Khaalis for going to Macklin. That guy that quit was the guy I replaced.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

To be fair the time commitment The Deuce required was a big reason too- also I would like to think I have become a better TSO member in general since that. I regret that I used up my Deuce shot before I had a full grasp of the site, but it is what it is.

Also, I did start delving into some offline dynasty stuff after I dropped and I began enjoying it so it was partly a reason.

Like I said, I didn't have a full grasp of TSO as a whole- this last year spending a full cycle in the Orange Crush / The Rise really enlightened me as to what it is really about here. Guys like Philstyle, sawemoff, fuzzy, BP, Kapono and others-- well that's what its all about. I consider those guys good buddies of mine now and I am trying to emulate the level of camaraderie that you guys have created here in The Deuce. Hm, I ranted there a bit.

Anywho, I enjoyed my time in this league and looking back- well now it kind of helps me realize what TSO is meant to be; a place to develop friends and really enjoy the game with guys that play the game right- so I spose that warrants a Thank You.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Bondzai deserves a lot of credit on TSO.

When he beat Basis4aDay56 it opened up a spot for me in The Deuce. I joined, left The Experience after a while and I've been addicted to the best league on TSO ever since.

I've had stretches of time where if it wasn't for The Deuce, I would have left TSO, so thank Bondzai for keeping me around.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bondzai

Some day when I have time I'm going to go back and look at the old PMs of us discussing who to add to the league. How far back to the PMs archive? Do they ever disappear?

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    No

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Good shit, Khaalis.

8. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

jkhaalis991

go right ahead and blast...again

the person who left to play COD was Kasper

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Right right, I did- won't deny it.

Like I said, in hindsight I wasn't ready for a league like this- wasn't nearly aware of what TSO was as I am now. Hey, but that ish is 20/20 so it's easy to say it now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BTW whoever that member was that quit(or got booted)Illinois yr 1 of the deuce to let OMlawdog in...hes near the top of my hate list;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I almost forgot you are the "Deuce gif/meme Guy"-- nice to see you back.

14. Bondzai

You are thinking of JrRawlins

• Like Like x 2
  15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Yeah, I also want to thank guys who's user names were Elkpride and Lasthurtknee, they were in the first league i was in, and we didn't advance for days at a time, because the commissioner's brother wouldn't play his game. He would play call of duty or something else, and the fucker would always say, "league rules say I have 72 hours to get my game in".

Suffice it to say I was ready to get the fuck out of that league. Also, lasthurtknee considered any loss to me as a cheesy win on my part, because basically he is too good to lose, and if I beat him with USC while he is Wisky, its just BS. He said 4-4 defense was cheese, he said curls and slants are cheese (Not sure what passing route that leaves), and basically he ran about 5 plays on offense and if you stopped it, he said it was BS. Good times.

As soon as a spot opened up I jumped on it like Sanders' wife ordered me to do it. Eventually earning my game genie title, which Im thinking about putting on my business cards.

Im really looking forward to the Deuce this year, a part of me wishes we were all going to roll in a Madden league because the stuff Im reading about the CCM is just the tits, but I think once we figure out what conferences we are going to be (CUSA/SUN BELT!!!!) I really look for the league to take off. We are only two weeks away from release date.

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

that would be awesome to do a deuce only madden league..

17. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Only problem is that we would really have to pick just one. Im already terrified as to the time limitations that playing in a Madden League and a NCAA league at the same time. The only saving grace is that Ive convinced my wife that me playing in my madden league is basically spending time with my buddy in Colorado. I think that may get me through November.

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

esp. when they put import draft class back in.. How awesome if they put story lines for college players back in ala ncaa 05?. where players got in trouble for missing classes and academics then when you import those carry over for the branching storylines

19. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

lmfao

20. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Me = elkpride

You mean "The Knee", not the lasthurtknee. I was 16 when I was running that league, my brother playing Cod was 15. I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did (There was little concept of sim football back then, and my 16 year old self was at the helm haha), you were a force though.

Legendary Veterans is over here now, the same league. :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

that was a maddenmania league right.. i was in that as well.. ECU Baby..

22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

did you used to play on leaguegaming?

23. IrishBearcat

Potentially? To be honest I've bounced from so many league sites since I started playing in them about 6 years ago. Everything pre-TSO has just merged into one group in my mind known as "the Era of Bullshit."

Our heart was in a good place trying to create realistic gameplay, but we were extremely behind the curve (and unaware of it). We were like Cavemen, and you guys over here were playing with I-Pads. It all worked out for the best when it was all said and done though. :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You left out the part where I banned you the first time you came to TSO.

• Like Like x 1
  25. IrishBearcat

OMlawdog were you USC when you were with us? I'm trying to remember, but whatever team you were it was dominant.

I know The Knee was Miami (FL).