The Dude Goes to the SEC

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Dec 17, 2011.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

In a move that surprised many, Auburn coach Gene Chizek was summarily fired after the NCAA discovered that he paid extra benefits to each and every player on the 2011 National Championship team. Also, he was recently caught stealing from the collection plate at church a day after he was slapped on national TV for feeling up a cheerleader on the sidelines during a game. Long story short - the guy's a sleazeball, and he had to go.

With the recent firing of both Nick Saban at Alabama AND Les Miles at LSU, SEC fans are beginning to believe that some new blood might just bring some respectability back to the dirtiest conference in college football.

In order to lead the trend toward honor and respectability, the Auburn Tigers decided to reach into the Notre Dame coaching tree. After going 11-2 and defeating SEC champion South Carolina in the Sugar Bowl, a number of Notre Dame coaches are getting looked at by schools with a need for some of that Irish luck.

Auburn has selected Notre Dame running backs coach Jeffrey Lebowski to be the next head coach of the Tigers. Coach Lebowski was a huge part of Notre Dame's big season, and now he'll get a shot at the big time.

When asked what changes he planned to make, Coach Lebowski simply said "I dunno. I think we'll bring the black shoes back ... see what that does."

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Dude

FYI - This is a competitive balance move for me. I just thought we needed another in the SEC, and we didn't need an Indy floating around with only nine guys. Thought it would make things more interesting.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

I thought we had a coach at Auburn?

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Thanks for coming down to the sec. I was contemplating a Big 10 or a BYU move but didn't want to leave the team I've built. I'm not sure we will meet in the regular season every year unless ego creates a protected rivalry for us under the conference movement screen. Otherwise we will see each other in Atlanta every December.

5. The Dude

There was an issue. It wasn't Bruce's doing, from what I understand, but saying more risks kicking up some old drama again, so I'm goin to leave it at that.

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

Cool

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Will coach lebowski be installing a bowling alley in the locker rooms?

8. The Dude

You know it ... but we don't roll on Sunday. :)