The Dugout- April Awards

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Apr 19, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Hopefully I can keep up with this all season. Although it's early in the season, we will take a look at who is hot, and who is not.

Team of the Month:

[​IMG]

Best record in baseball at 17-6. These guys are expected to win, and after starting slow are red hot.

Surprise Team of the Month:

[​IMG]

Wow. How these guys are just 1.5 games back of the Halos is a big surprise. They sit at 16-8 on the young season.

Worst Team of the Month:

[​IMG]

Ouch.. 6-18 and already 11.5 games back. I expect a firesale soon.

NL Batter of the Month:

[​IMG]

Dude had a great month. He had a .628 slugging % and drove in 27 runs to go along with his .330 BA and 7 HR.

AL Batter of the Month:

[​IMG]

Are his April slow starts a thing of the past? He hit .389 and slugged .704 for a 1.135 OPS. Sick

NL Pitcher of the Month:

[​IMG]

Clayton Kershaw was filthy this month. 1.19 ERA and 16 K in 22 IP. He went 2-0 on the month.

AL Pitcher of the Month:

[​IMG]

CJ Wilson is a big reason the Halos are playing so well. On the month he was 3-0 with a .92 WHIP.

NL Rookie of the Month:

[​IMG]

Tyler Pasternicky had a great month and the rookie is an early season favorite for Rookie of the Year.

AL Rookie of the Month:

[​IMG]

Jesus Montero is a big reason the Mariners are the surprise team of the month. He has all the talents to be considered for Rookie of the Year.
    NL Dud of the Month:

[​IMG]

I hope Ruben Tejada has a good glove, because right now, he is the worst hitter on the Mets. .152 BA with a .152 Slugging %. Ouch

AL Dud of the Month:

[​IMG]

Sweeney takes a good photo, but he couldn't hit a thing in April. In 30 At bats, he hit .133 with a .161 OBP and .167 OPS. Awful

Trade of the Month:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Easily the biggest deal of the young season. Pittsburgh loses local football legend and fan favorite Neil Walker to Detroit, for young up and coming pitcher Max Scherzer. Although this deal was very even, GM Rockwell misses Walker on the team.

Injury of the Month:

[​IMG]

Things went from bad to worse for the last place Red Sox, with the loss of Ellsbury for the next 6 weeks. I don't know how they replace him in the lineup, but if they don't figure it out, the hole they have dug themselves will get bigger.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

well done!

3. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Nice work, enjoyed that little write up.

4. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Good work, Cargo's stats are different from what I am seeing however.

5. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Nice feature PA, I am shocked at Tex's hot start.

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

You could put any one of my hitters, minus Posey and Sandoval in the dud category. I have two starters batting over .225.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Same here. lol. Not sure what I was looking at. Ill fix it and put rookies of the month up. Forgot all about them.

8. Norezn

Norezn Walk On

Thanks for the write up...well done! Go Angels...woohoo! :)