The E. 2012

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Nautica, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

So this is what we have all talked about and seems to be the general consensus:
    • 3 Conference Setup
      • Big Ten
      • Pac 12
      • SEC
    • 4 User Games a Year
      • Rose Bowl Rematch, BCS Rematch(my 2 cents, it would be cool to see in Week 1)
      • (In a perfect world)2 in-conference games, 2 ooc(1 from each other conference)
    • Advance Schedule
      • 48hr CPU, 72hr User
      • 72hr hard advance
    • Offseason Setup
      • 12hr advances during weekdays
      • Will finish up in one shot on a pre-determined day on the weekend and time
    • Record Keeping
      • Team Pages(I have an Excel template for 2007, its VERY easy to use)
      • GOAT Team
      • Yearly All E. Team(I really liked this Idea Suge)
    • Top 3 for 2012
      • JCspartan2
        • Michigan State
        • Nebraska
        • Washington
      • Nautica
        • Notre Dame
        • Penn St/OSU
        • LSU/Bama
      • Big Suge Knight
        • Michigan
        • LSU
        • Nebraska
      • Maslerboros16
        • USC
        • Penn State
        • UCLA
      • Dakota
        • Georgia
        • Arkansas
        • Washington
      • bILL Flo
        • South Carolina
        • Tennessee
        • LSU
      • GoGators
        • Oregon
        • Northwestern
        • Utah/Purdue
    Now as more is discussed and agreed upon, it will be added to the list above.

As far as team selection goes, it might be best to hold off until we see the rosters(via team builder usually) before we make any final decisions here. If you would like to change your top 3 please post it.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

@fuzzyl0gic pleas post a full top 3 desired teams here ASAP so we can get it up.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'd like to pull Wisconsin as a top 3 team. I took them in Night Owls and I don't want to duplicate. I'd be interested in an SEC west team as an alternate. Ark, Bama or LSU, wouldn't really matter.

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Was just taking a look at the draft order and with the Experience having 4 of the top 23 picks.. It's not looking good that any of the leaving guys will be back.. I liked the draft order they had yesterday much better but oh well, whatcha gonna do??

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Wow, that sucks ass.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Can we pass? Or trade down?

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sad panda on the new draft order :(

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Nice recap here Nautica. Looks good.

My top three should be:
    Oregon
    Northwestern
    Utah/Purdue

The other thing I'd add is we do a 48 hour hard advance w/the ability to ask for a one day extension if required. This league needs total commitment since it's a premiere league and there's no reason a user vs user game shouldn't get scheduled and played in a 48 hour window if everyone is committed to this league. If they can do it in the Deuce in 24 hours consistently we should be able to do it here consistently in 48 hours.

I'd like to see this league hold ourselves to higher standards and a higher level of commitment in `12. However, I'd also like to see this league continue to be accommodating of its members. But I'd rather see us mix the two by setting the bar higher and making exceptions where needed than setting the bar lower to begin with regards to advance times.

Also, @jcspartan have you or anybody else heard from Jello? I'd really like to see us try to bring him back for `12 if possible.

• Like Like x 2
  10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Great points, I completely agree.

About Jello, I saw him on here a week or so ago and the same thought crossed my mind but I forgot to send him a message. I don't know how that whole thing would work with the draft, I guess he'd have to throw his name into the hat and we would have to hope he fell to us. I'll shoot him a message.

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Regardless of how its worded we should rarely hit that 72hr mark, and we should set the pace to advance every 48. I have been going back and forth between throwing my name in as I am a foundation member, but you know what, I'm not going to. I know that most of the premiere leagues here are going to set at that same pace of 48, I don't want to be slowed down. If I want to play in another league so I can play as a different team, i'll just go non-premiere. Or since we mesh well here(this includes AJ and company that could be leaving), We could always do a side league down in the non-premiere section that is slow paced and we will only allow select people in(like the good ole boys league).

I would like to see the same dedication out of everyone else here.

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Everyone bitched about it....

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Holy shit, Nautica's running The E!

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

no not at all, just helping keep everything organized here. JC runs the show here.

We all have voices here and are all shaping the NEW E. into something great. We have a like-minded group here. Don't you wish you stayed?

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    No, I am in a great league, and I only have time for one.

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

He's trying :p

17. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I understand someone is always going to be unhappy and some league will always think they got the short end of the stick. It's a near impossible job to make everyone happy but I'm glad you guys are trying..

If I for some reason fail to get back in here (which is almost certain now), Ryno's league really intrigues me. I've always wanted to try that zero to hero type of thing so all is not lost. I'll have fun and be active in whatever league I end up in. Thanks for opening up the Foundation Membership again.. (y)

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I have some ideas on how to organize things for12. I like the team pages and think everyone should do one they way they want to. We could put anything rlated to the team in the thread and use it to put scouting reports of user games and scores. As for a general scores thread I say we get rid if it m just post recaps in the weekly threads to centralize the chatter. We could keep the 3 sub forums but have scheduleing, scouting reports, and a records thread. I am still planning on doing record keeping and the goat but I think these suggestions would help to keep things more centralized and increase the chatter.

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I have some ideas on how to organize things for12. I like the team pages and think everyone should do one they way they want to. We could put anything rlated to the team in the thread and use it to put scouting reports of user games and scores. As for a general scores thread I say we get rid if it m just post recaps in the weekly threads to centralize the chatter. We could keep the 3 sub forums but have scheduleing, scouting reports, and a records thread. I am still planning on doing record keeping and the goat but I think these suggestions would help to keep things more centralized and increase the chatter.

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Damn needed to get that off your chest, huh? :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  22. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

did that come off in a harsh tone, i was actually like damn i need to spend all 15mins of my break texting that on my phone into here before I lost the thought.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I think it was more of the fact that your post triple posted in the forum.

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

ahahahaha. i effin hate my phone. I need to upgrade forum runner.

25. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Forum runner is sick. I have it on my iphone. I think it works better than a laptop on these forums sometimes. Only drawback is it doesn't show you alerts.

• Like Like x 1