The E 2013 Draft Analysis

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Jun 9, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Since close to half of us have drafted, thought it'd be cool to post why we picked who we picked.

BYU really appealed to me because they have a semi mobile QB who can maybe run my pistol offense well. Trying to go back there and actually STICK to one offense for an entire release. But i won't hold my breathe. They also already run a 3 man front, so the transition to the 3-3-5 should be a bit easy on the front 6. Just gotta get production from some of my DBs.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If that damned blLL flo ever picks I'll fill ya in.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Why I chose Tulsa.

1) Prime Big 12 Location, could easily establish a Texas pipeline (if they don't already have one).
    2) Uniform isn't primarily red
    3) I watched the video Emmdotfrisk uploaded with player ratings for the initial rosters and liked that the Top 3 HBs on the team were 90,90, and 83. I want to establish a strong run game from the start and I could possibly do it with this team. They also had a FB rated at 89 Ovr, giving me a great blocker. Might try my cards with the I Formation this year. The secondary also looks solid. But I'm not all relying on year one, just a good start.

4. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Why I chose

[​IMG]

1. For me it's something different. I usually choose programs that are well established in tradition
    2. The prospect of a very strong conference
    3. A challenge to recruit against many users and get my own pipelines as they are home state heavy
    4. A vast array of uniform options

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Big 12 is turning out to be very interesting.

6. jello1717

I'm not so sure who I'm gonna take now. I'll have to decide how important the initial rosters are to me. My top 2 teams are only separated by 1 OVR point, but I've taken a closer look at their rosters and my #2 team's roster looks to be much better suited for me than #1. I already knew that #2 had much better QBs for my system, but they seem to have pretty much better everything. (I'm typing this analysis up for my own benefit so you don't need to read it if you don't want). This is only for players rated >68 which is all that was in the videos (and all that I care about anyway).

QB:
    I'm not so sure who I'm gonna take now. I'll have to decide how important the initial rosters are to me. My top 2 teams are only separated by 1 OVR point, but I've taken a closer look at their rosters and my #2 team's roster looks to be much better suited for me than #1. I already knew that #2 had much better QBs for my system, but they seem to have pretty much better everything. (I'm typing this analysis up for my own benefit so you don't need to read it if you don't want). This is only for players rated >68 which is all that was in the videos (and all that I care about anyway).

QB:
    #1 only has 1 "acceptable" QB while #2 has 2, one of which would be amazing.

HB:
    #1 has the best guy, but #2 is probably deeper. You all know I use 3-4 HBs in my system. It's a push I guess.

FB:
    Despite what dakota7 says, I want a good FB and #1 doesn't have anyone > 68 OVR while #2 has a pretty good one.

WR:
    #1 has a huge advantage here and I love to spread the ball around to a bunch of different receivers.

TE:
    #2 has 2 good ones while #1 has no one > 68. I NEED TEs to block for me!

O-line:
    Fairly even here, with #2 having a slight edge.

DE:
    Both pretty damned weak, but #2 is much, much deeper here.

DT:
    Even again.

OLB:
    Slight advantage to #1 here.

MLB:
    #1 only has 3 MLBs so I'd have to transition hard here (I run a 3-4) while #2 has 4 on the roster.

CB:
    #1 only has 4 which is kinda few for any defensive scheme. #2 has 5, but the talent is even between the 2.

FS:
    slight advantage to #1

SS:
    Even

K/P:
    Even

So #2 has a good advantage (for my schemes) at 5 positions while #1 only has the advantage for 1. I guess I need to decide how important the initial roster is to me...

7. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

jello1717

Where are you getting those ratings? Just from the video of the rosters or do you have another source?

8. jello1717

From the video.

9. dakota7

First lesson: jello1717 pays excruciatingly close attention to detail and is rarely wrong.

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

He's also a fucking ass hole who i don't want to play too often :mad: like less that 3 times this release

Also jello1717 the video looks really bad IMO. Arizona looks completely wrong. Matt Scott is one of the best (3rd best according to Phil Steele) QB in the Pac-12 and he's not even at 75 overall.

11. jello1717

Sucks to be you! We'll be in the same conference and there's a 50% chance that we'll be in the same division.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jello1717

Are you saying that TCU isn't well established in tradition? They're no Michigan, ND, USC, Texas, etc, but they've been very strong for quite a while now. I'd argue they have better tradition than Tennessee.

13. jello1717

Why I chose SMU:

1. They're in Texas. I've never used a school in one of the big 3 states before so that should be fun.
    2. Based off of '12, they've got pretty good pipelines with 2 of the big 3 (TX, CA) and 1 of what I call the "elite -1" states (LA).
    3. They'll have better rivals than ASU (as does just about every team in the game) although they're not nearly as awesome as my #2 choice, Virginia. They still have 1 conference rival (TCU) as well as 3 others that I'll have to make sure I get scheduled from time to time (NT, Navy, Rice).
    4. They have pretty cool uniform combos with white or blue helmets, and red, white, or blue jerseys and pants. The only issue is their blue helmet is navy while their blue jerseys/pants are much lighter. They're an Adidas school which I prefer since their shoes look WAAAAAAAAY better than Nike's. Their gloves suck ass, but I'll just have them wear Nike gloves.
    5. UVA's roster is MUCH better for my schemes (spread option/3-4) but SMU will work. They only have 1 QB with passable speed (UVA has 2 very nice ones), they have shit for TEs and FBs, and they're clearly built for a 4-3, but as I said, it'll do.
    In the end, their location, pipelines and uniforms outweighed the rivals and starting roster. Plus, how in the hell can you so "no" to this cutie?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Darkwing

My other front runner was VT. I don't view those programs on quite the same level man. I can see your point with UT but to me the Frogs are (hopefully) just beginning their journey to prominence

15. dakota7

I chose Virginia because

1) Phillip Sims
    2) Multiple uniforms that aren't red
    3) only 7 senior starters this year
    4) their roster is in pretty good shape overall to start

16. Darkwing

Hmmmmmm...
    1. Be prepared for a much more civilized rivalry
    2. Do you view me as the 2nd easiest user here then?

17. jello1717

Since we're 1-1 in the 2 games we played I'm gonna say, "no." And other users didn't play into my team selection at all (and if it did I sure as hell wouldn't have chosen the same state as blLL flo 's team as he easily had the best success against me in '12.

18. jello1717

Those're some pretty fugly ass cheerleaders! Is that the best picture you could find?

19. Darkwing

Eh, no need to find a better one. Have you seen the one you posted above? :eek: I prefer my women after puberty

Just giving you shit here. I never noticed TCU/SMU were rivals.

Further with Baylor, Houston, SMU, TCU all in Texas + adding BYU and Tulsa. How are we splitting up these divisions? Masler

20. jello1717

That chick is perfectly legal and cute as fucking hell!

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Great... Fuck me running...

GREAT FUCKING PICK JELLO! Have fun with Zach Line (HB) :D He's a man among boys. But he's more of a power back just so ya know.

Glad you understand i'm not to civil.

Jello wins IMO. Those chicks are ugly Darkwing. But granted those Mormon ladies of mine aren't too good either.

22. jello1717

I greatly prefer power backs. It just sucks that he's a SR.

23. Darkwing

If you say so. But since this research also benefited me...

[​IMG]

Don't know what's with the skirts but they look younger. Not models by any means and remember man, this is a Christian school not Tempe

24. jello1717

Remind me what the "M" in SMU stands for again.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  25. Darkwing

:p