The E: BCS Race to the Finish

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Hova, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

250px-Bcs_logo_2010.png

It is that time of the year again, BCS Time. The system everyone hates. Fall is coming to an end and things like conference title games, strength of schedule, and polls come to mind. Let's take a look at the Top 10 BCS landscape of the E and what things may end up like in January.

1. [​IMG] 11-0

AVG: 1.000

Remaining Games: @UCLA, vs #15 Washington (CCG)

Outlook: If USC can win the last 2 games they will be headed to the National Title Game. If they lose the CCG they will pry get an at large bid to a BCS Bowl.

Prediction: USC vs Boise St - National Title Game

2. BoiseState2012b.png 11-0

AVG: .994

Remaining Games: @New Mexico, vs #22 Fresno ST

Outlook: Boise will be in the Natty unless New Mexico somehow upsets them or Fresno beating them in the MWC Champ Game. I do not see either upsets happening.

Prediction: USC vs Boise St - National Title Game

3. texasam2.png 10-1

AVG: .989

Remaining Games: vs Mizzou

Outlook: The only way AnM gets into the CCG is if Bama loses to Auburn, assuming they beat MIzzou.

Prediction: AnM vs Va Tech - Orange Bowl

4. Alabama2012c.png 10-1

AVG: .981

Remaining Games: @ #20 Auburn, vs #8 South Carolina (CCG)*

Outlook: Assuming Bama beats Auburn, they will be in the CCG vs the Gamecocks. If they win they will pry get the Sugar Bowl, not having enough to jump undefeated teams. If they lose they may very well drop out of the BCS games with AnM getting the 2nd SEC Bid.

Prediction: Alabama vs Louisville - Sugar Bowl

5. indiana.png 10-2

AVG: .981

Remaining Games: NONE

Outlook: After losing to Purdue all hopes of a BCS game are pry finished. I believe there is no scenario left where we can get the Rose Bowl bid.

Prediction: Indiana vs South Carolina - Capital One Bowl

6. michigan2.png 10-2

AVG: .970

Remaining Games: vs Illinois (CCG)

Outlook: If Michigan wins the CCG they will be bowling for Roses at the least. The rare scenario where both USC and Boise lose may but Michigan in a potential NCG birth. This will pry take Bama losing in the SEC Champ game as well though and AnM not getting to the CCG.

Prediction: Michigan vs Oklahoma - Fiesta Bowl

7. louisville_3.png 10-1

AVG: .965

Remaining Games: vs Cincinnati

Outlook: If the Cards can finish the season with a W they will be going to a BCS Bowl with the AAC win. If they lose UConn will play Bama and Louisville will pry get Clemson in the Russell Athletic Bowl.

Prediction: Louisville vs Alabama - Sugar Bowl

8. sc_2.png 9-2

AVG: .962

Remaining Games: vs #14 Clemson, vs Alabama (CCG)*

Outlook: Gamecocks have a tough road still. They will need to win the SEC Champ Game to get a BCS birth in the Sugar Bowl. A loss in the CCG looks like a trip to the Capital One Bowl with AnM getting the 2nd BCS bid.

Prediction: Indiana vs South Carolina - Capital One Bowl

9. baylor1.png 8-2

AVG: .953

Remaining Games: @TCU, vs #21 Texas

Outlook: Baylor pry has 0 hope of a BCS Bowl unless alot of teams lose. They are most likely looking at Cotton Bowl birth or Alamo Bowl birth depending on how the last 2 games of the season go.

Prediction: Baylor vs Washington Alamo Bowl

10. terps_2.png 8-3

AVG: .949

Remaining Games: @ Michigan State

Outlook: Maryland has about no chance for a BCS bowl with so many B1G teams ahead of them. If they can win out the best scenario for them is pry Outback Bowl or Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.

Prediction: Maryland vs Georgia - OutbackBowl

*Subject to Change
    + Also, I am sort of a noob at BCS selection aside from the Automatic Bids so this all could be wrong, I also did not look at the console projections.

We will see what my record is for guessing them right out of these Ten teams once bowl season arrives.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Hova

If I am reading correctly and my predictions stay true it looks like the Rose Bowl would be Illinois vs Washington, unless Fresno St is able to jump Washington in the Polls.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

For completeness BSU needs to beat New Mexico and #22 Fresno in the CCG to go to the NCG.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jello1717

If Maryland beats MSU, they'll almost definitely get the 2nd B1G bid.

Michigan wins and it's Michigan in Rose, Maryland @ large.
    Illinois wins and it's Illinois in the Rose, Maryland @ large if Michigan drops below them (which they should since Illinois isn't ranked very high) or Michigan @ large if Michigan stays ranked ahead of them.

5. Hova

Why do you think Maryland (a 3 loss team) will be ranked higher than 2 loss team Indiana that beat Maryland?

6. jello1717

Seriously?

Because you just lost to an unranked Purdue team and you're only 5 spots ahead of him now. I picked up only my 2nd loss when I "lost" to an unranked Purude team and tumbled 8 spots in the polls.

See below for a 3 loss Maryland team that's ranked 4 spots ahead of a 2 loss team that beat Maryland earlier in the season.

I'll even go so far as to say that if you think you'll be ranked ahead of Maryland (if they beat MSU) after losing to 6-5 Purdue, then you're pretty delusional.

bcs rankings 2013.PNG

7. Hova

You dropped 6 spots. If I drop 5 I could still be ranked ahead of Maryland who won't gain much beating MSU. My other loss was also to Michigan, yours was Wisconsin. Will that effect rankings at all?

Also where Is Maryland getting the firepower from with 3 losses? SOS?

8. jello1717

I dropped 8 spots in the coach's poll which is where I got that from.
    coaches.PNG
    and I also dropped 7 in the Media, so I'm not sure why I only dropped 6 in the BCS.
    AP.PNG

I haven't paid attention to your or Maryland's schedule, but I'll reiterate that there's no way you'll still be ranked ahead of Maryland if they beat #27 MSU.

"What have you done for me lately?"
    "Oh, you lost to 6-5 Purdue?"
    "Next!"

9. Hova

I need logic behind these things. How is a 3 loss team that we both beat surging ahead of us with THREE losses. Losing to Purdue makes you look that bad? :eek:

10. Hova

Also MSU is not ranked in ANY poll. They are #33 not #27.

11. jello1717

I'm not sure how you can even ask these questions after having played NCAA games for so long. I can't possibly be the only one that has seen how the polls work in these games over the years.

Maryland didn't surge ahead of us so much as we plummeted behind them.

Yes, losin to Purdue makes us look that bad. It won't be as bad as you as I'm sure they jumped in the polls after beating the #8 team, but it still looks really bad for you. Losing to a shitty team will always make you fall much further than you can climb by beating an awesome team.

12. jello1717

And you think there's a big difference between 33 and 27?

13. jello1717

I'll just leave it with I hope like hell that Maryland wins solely so that I can say "I told ya so" because I feel like even after all this, you still truly believe that you'll be ranked ahead of them.

If you really believe that, I'll have to find some nice laughing gif to add to my "I told ya so."

14. Hova

Maryland has beat nobody awesome. We will see how far I drop in the BCS rankings. Do you think I get a BSC bid if Maryland loses to MSU and you beat Michigan?

15. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

WTF? A bash Purdue thread?

• Like Like x 6
  16. jello1717

It's more of a "bash a 7-5 team whose name just happens to be Purdue" thread.

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The real question is how does Wisconsin keep its 5th star? How high do I need to finish to keep it @jello1717 ?

18. jello1717

1-Star: If your final rank is better than 80th, you have a chance to move up.
    2-Star: If your team has a bowl bid or finishes with a final ranking better than 60th, you have a chance to move up. If you finish worse than 100th, you have a chance to move down.
    3-Star:If you finish better than 40th, you have a chance to move up. If your team finishes worse than 75th, you have a chance to move down.
    4-Star: If your team has won a BCS bowl or finishes better than 20th, you have a chance to move up. If you miss a bowl or finish worse than 50th, you have a chance to move down.
    5-Star: If your team has won the national championship or finishes with a final ranking better than 5th, you have a chance to move up. If you finish with a final ranking worse than 25th, you have a chance to move down.
    6-Star: If you finish with a final ranking worse than 15th or win less than 8 games you have a chance to move down.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jello1717

20. Hova

You weren't so confident AFTER ALL. I dropped 1 spot behind Maryland in the Coaches and I am still ranked ahead of YOU :grumpy:

I blame the Media overrating Maryland. In real life they would never put them ahead of a TWO LOSS team who beat THEM.

21. jello1717

Not so confident?

Were you not reading my posts when you were responding to them?

Every single one of those quotes is overflowing with confidence.

22. Hova

You fell 8 spots. I Fell 5, one short of what I thought. Closer than you expected it to be ;)

23. jello1717

I can't tell if you fucking with me or not. If not, I never said you'd fall WAY below Maryland. I said that there was no way you'd be ranked ahead of them (so I was 100% correct).

I even said that you wouldn't fall as far as I did.

24. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Hey that shitty 7-5 team is now ranked #25!

• Like Like x 3
  25. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP