The E Freshmen of the Year 2017

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Let's start off this season with a preview on any FR you think could bring this hardware home. State a reason why they deserve to gain national attention (Ex. Attributes, Stats, perfomance in Week 1..etc etc)

Stanford

FB - Joe Baker - An odd position to bring up for any award but with his blocking skills and so-so rushing abilities he could make a small splash or never really pan out until he is a veteran on the field. I want to see this kid get involved in the rushing game more than past FB's have.

WR - Joe Holley - His speed and receiving skills made this kid a prime candidate for this award. He already made some noise in the game vs Notre Dame with 5 Rec, 137 yards, and 1 TD.

DT - Todd Smith - After the last couple of seasons, defensive lineman seem to be doing very well in Palo Alto. It would be a shame if he didn't pan out from the very start.

LOLB - Kevin Davis - He is one of our best LB on the team, he will be seeing a large amount of PT and should either provide a spark to a weakened defense or only hinder it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    QB Jeff Stanley will be the starter for the Wolverines and as he goes so goes the Michigan offense. He cannot afford to be the turnover machine that Michael Turner was but he faces true on the job learning as he faces stiff user competition.

DT Matt Jones will either be the anchor for the Wolverine defense or he will be a turnstile for the opposition. The true freshman has the potential to develop into another excellent DT for Michigan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Freshman HB Joe Butler made his Wisconsin debut, rushing 14 times for 241 yards and 2 touchdowns.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

True Freshman HB Howard Smith. Speed and size. He had a solid week 1 against Bama. I'm not going to lean on him too much if I don't have to though cause I have 3 other upper classmen backs I want to remain involved.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

ASU Has some great FR that'll see the field this year. I never lean on 1 offensive guy, no matter what their class, so the guys on that side of the ball won't win anything, but they're still noteworthy.

True FR HB Brandon Richardson was the #4 HB last year. He's 3rd on the depth chart, but has tremendous breakaway speed and can take it to the house on any carry.

True FR HB Will Burks is our 4th guy on the depth chart and has the same capabilities as Richardson.

True FR WR Tyler Ward was the #1 WR from last season, but probably won't see much action as the #4 guy. He will see more action than most #4 WRs, however in the ASU offense given the number of 4 wide sets we use.

True FR DE Matt Randle, last year's #1 DE has the potential to be one of the best to ever play for ASU. He starts as a true FR this year and will have the best shot of putting up good numbers of any of our FR.

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zach Bean is Wesley Johnson 2.0 and if Johnson leaves after this season which many are suspecting, Bean will have the experience to take off. We plan to get Bean as many reps as possible during practice and in games.

[​IMG]

With the lack of senior and junior depth at receiver, Claude Wright will either find himself starting or playing a lot this year. Because next season he will probably be the go to guy. His height alone makes him a dangerous specimen. Add pretty good speed to that and we are looking at a monster in a year or so.

[​IMG]

Already knowing about Wright, picture a 6'4 receiver across from a 6'6 one. Franklin and Wright are going to make the SEC go out and re-up on corners, tall ones. Franklin is almost identical to Claude Wright and will get the same amount of play time.

[​IMG]

Matt Pennington won't be playing much this year unless there are some blowouts. He definitely isn't far from starting though. He is only a few steps behind the starting tackles and should see the field a lot next season.

7. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Screen Shot 2012-01-31 at 12.45.17 PM.png
    Like Suge mentioned he's running the offense. His numbers most likely won't win this award but I just need him to win me games.​

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

10. Darkwing

You mean that is a good MLB...

Not sure why you put Harris up there. 61 catching?
    He looks like a Spartan version of Braylon Edwards. Some size and playing making ability but will drop 6 of 10 wide open catches ;)

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Harris is my #4 WR, but he is getting playing time as a freshman so I figured I might as well include him. His hands only improved a point in the offseason training, which was a major disappointment.

And yes, that MLB is quite good.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 5 Update

WR Joe Holley - 6 Rec, 158 yards, 2 TD

LOLB Kevin Davis - 21 Tackles, 1 Deflection, 1 FF, 1 FR

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

WR John Webb (True Freshman): 13 receptions, 241 yards, TD (This dude is a beast Big Suge Knight)

DT Brandon Richardson (True Freshman): 7 Tackles (3 TFLs), 1 Sack

Richardson is gonna get some good reps the rest of the way but John Webb is our 4th string receiver who will have to alternate with TE Adam Sapp as there will be either 3 to 4 receivers on the field at a time and if there is 3, Adam is the 4th "receiver" taking away from Webb's time.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 8 Update:

WR Joe Holley - 15 Rec, 306 yards, 2 TD, 2 Drops

LOLB Kevin Davis - 43 Tackles, 16 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 Deflection, 4 FF, 1 FR

15. dakota7

HB Joe Butler 126 carries for 1077 yards and 12 touchdowns

16. jello1717

No one else needs to bother posting any stats, but I'm gonna anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This kid suck!

18. jello1717

We expected the #1 DE Matt Randle to be our biggest FR producer and he hasn't been terrible with 11 tackles (7 solo), 4 TFL, 3 sacks, but we've been getting surprising numbers from DE #5 Jordan Jacques. Randle starts while Jacques only come off of the bench, but Jacques has put up very nice numbers for a sub. So nice, that coach Jello is debating moving him into the starting lineup.

DE Jordan Jacques - 14 tackles (10 solo), 8 TFL, 6 sacks, FF.

19. Darkwing

Joe Powers Update:
    103.5 QBR. 55 of 120 passing for 803 yards. 6 TDs. 9 INTs. 45% comp. 8 sacks
    87 carries 221 yards. 3 TDs. 3 fumbles

Not award worthy but I feel they are very realistic for a Freshman QB.
    @Big Suge Knight , how's your guy doing?

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Stanley 76/129 1117 yds 6 TD 10 INT

21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Matt Jones DT 14 Tackles 11 TFL 4 Saacks 2 Deflections

22. dakota7

A quick Joe Butler update....

144/1245/15tds