THE E PILLOW FIGHT OF THE YEAR

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by gowazzucougs, Mar 2, 2011.

?

Who wins the pillow fight

1. Georgia Tech

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Virginia

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

[​IMG]

Folks, sometimes games come along that are considered big, like FSU v. UF, or MSU v. PSU, or Alabama v. LSU. These types of games decide conference championships, or who will play for the National Title. The game I am about to talk about is not one of those games. If there was a power poll for this dynasty, I think everyone would agree the two bottom teams would be Georgia Tech and Virginia. The struggles of Georgia Tech are well known. Coach Cougs' decision to switch from the triple option to a more conventional offense has caused some struggles in Atlanta. While Coach Recchem's decision to take over Virginia may have been a head scratcher for some, but he is adamant that he can turn things around for this once proud program.

Georgia Tech, 5-3 (3-3) is led by true freshman Brent Edwards. At times this year he has looked brilliant, while at other times not so much. If he had not made a couple of bad decisions against Clemson many pundits believe the Yellow Jackets would have won that game. Edwards has a stout running game with senior Everett Gates, and he is establishing a good connection with freshman A.J. Walker and Tyrone Holmes.

Last season was a magic carpet ride with the Cavs going to a bowl game and almost winning the division. This season has been a disappointment with the Cavs going 3-5(2-3), but a win against the Yellow Jackets could turn the season around. The Cavs have at quarterback senior Cedric Miller who has put up decent stats. The Cavs biggest strength on the offensive side of the ball is it's running game. Daniel Gatewood has rushed for almost 600 yards while the fullback Damien Scott has rushed for over 200 yards.

Statistically things do not look good for the Cavs as Virginia is ranked last in total offense in the ACC, and Georgia Tech is ranked 3rd in total defense in the ACC. The turnover differential also favors the Yellow Jackets who come in with a -1, that may not sound impressive, but it is a lot better than Virginia's -7. The only hope Virginia has is to force Georgia Tech to have many third and longs. Georgia Tech comes into the game ranked last in the ACC in terms of 3rd down conversions.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I see a nipple!!!

Nice write-up man.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I putting rocks in my pillow! When do you want to do this cougs? Im working late tonight but should be home by 9pm. Tomorrow im home at regular time.

4. gowazzucougs

I didn't see that at 5:30 this morning. I hope no one takes it down. It is hard to do write ups previewing user games each week, but I thought I would let everyone know about this pillow fight.

5. gowazzucougs

We can do either or, I am curious as to when you think N.O. will advance, as of this morning we are 8/12. If we do this game on Thursday we may have a double header.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We should be advancing tonight after Arizona and Texas play but that wont be until after midnight.

We could play this game tonight and the showdown in Corvallis tomorrow night if you want, or both tomorrow. Doesnt matter to me. My wife is at school tomorrow night so I can start right at 8pm PST no problem.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Do either of you still have a shot at winning the Coastal division?

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Watch out for Cedric Miller...he might have lost to me but he is a good QB

9. gowazzucougs

Well, I am suppose to do an offseason tomorrow from like 5:30/6:00 to whenever. I am trying to determine whether I can also play both games tomorrow night as well. I believe I can, but just to be safe we can schedule this one tonight. If something comes up I will let you know.

10. gowazzucougs

No, my loss to Clemson killed my chances. That is one of the reasons why this is the pillow fight. Next year, I am going on record that my team will win the Coastal Division . . . write it down.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I may but it involves me winning out (vs GT, vs VT and @ Miami)...UNC would also have to pick up there 4th conference loss somewhere along the way. I believe if all that happens (highly unlikely) I can win the Coastal.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, lets try and knock this one out tonight and we can do the NO game tomorrow night after 8pm PST. I should be home tonight around 9pm PST or so. I think I have your number saved on my phone so I'll shoot you a text when im around.

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I say...Georgia Tech. Looks like an even split among votes so far.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well last year game was a real barn burner, a 9-7 win by the Cav's. Lets hope for everyone's sake there is a little more offense in this one!

15. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Awesome writeup Cougs.. My money is on GT [​IMG]

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I took the home team. For that reason.

17. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I'm guessing both teams come out trying to pound the rock, but somebody gets frustrated early and goes to the air. After that, both teams start slinging it around and it's a shootout. I think UVA takes it at home.

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Can someone transport me into that image?

• Like Like x 1
  19. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I know, looks like an intense game of Scrabble. Aren't they the lest bit concerned they'll mess up their letter alignment on the board with those pillows hoisted above their heads? *smh*

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Agreed, I'd dominate them in scrabble.