The E. Season 1: Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by JCspartan2, Aug 9, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

[​IMG]

GOOD LUCK!​

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU 41
    Wisconsin 35

Victory for MSU!!!

[​IMG]

The Spartans have done it again!!!​

After a last second victory in week 2 over Georgia, who saw the Spartans going the distance undefeated this year? Not I.​

The Big Ten championship pitted two teams that are near mirror images against each other. Both Wisconsin and MSU run to to set up the pass and both teams feature 3 very capable backs, star QBs, and solid casts of WRs. This is what the Big Ten championship was meant to be.​

Wisconsin would start the game with the ball, but Russel Wilson would toss an INT to SS Jairus Jones on the first possession, which was returned to the 25 yard line. Four Edwin Baker rushes later and it was an early 7-0 lead. The Beilema coached Badgers weren't rattled though and put together a double-digit play drive to tie the score at 7 at the end of the 1st quarter.​

Both teams would score during the second quarter (though I can't remember what they were and the results didn't get uploaded to the wire). I believe LeVeon Bell scored on his 3rd goal line try, and then Wisconsin had a huge gain on a WR screen to set up a Monte Ball score. The score at half was 14-14.​

The Spartans then scored on their first play from scrimmage in the 2nd half, a HB screen to Edwin Baker with excellent blocking out in front. He was untouched. Again Wisconsin tied the game, though again I cannot remember how. The Spartan offense would finally be limited in their next possession, being held to a FG. The momentum started to swing Wisconsin's way, and then Wilson tossed another pick. This time it was FS Trenton Robinson. The Badger defense stood tall again though and limited MSU to another FG, 27-21 MSU.​

This time it was the MSU defenses turn to flex their muscle. After letting Wisconsin get into the red-zone, the defense would record two consecutive sacks to push the Badgers back 20 yards and forced a punt. The Spartan running game and a couple nifty catches by BJ Cunningham lead the Spartans to their 4th TD of the game and extended their lead to two scores with just under 5 min to play, but the Badgers answered back quickly once again on a TD run by Russel Wilson. Wisconsin would be unable to stop Edwin Baker, however, and MSU was able to add on to their lead and run out the remainder of the game.​

GG dakota7. I wish I could have saved some of the damn highlights. Fucking EA.​

Michigan State has earned a date in the National Title game. Their opponent will be determined tonight after the SEC championship game.​

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

41-35? Where the fuck was the defense?!?

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

GG JC. That screen was a killer, I had a cover 0. I was expecting a PA pass to open the half and you called my bluff. I'm not too mad about that first pick, I was trying to make a play on 3rd down. But that second pick was awful, I needed to hold that ball another second or two to let the receivers gain some separation. But I was rattled by your pass rush and forced it early, it could've been a big play for me. Oh well, good luck in the BCS title game.

Montee Ball had 143 yards on only 17 carries and 3 tds. Should've ran him more, by the looks of it.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Congratulations JCspartan2 sounded like a great game.