The E. Season 1: Week 2

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Masler, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

aarondramp, I have to take my daughter to her doctors appointment and run a few errands. Would you be available at 5:30pm EST today? If not, sometime around 12pm EST tomorrow? I will be leaving for the weekend around 3 or 4 tomorrow once I get my paycheck so unfortunately we have a small window here.

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'm an 8-5er with kids, so our schedules don't really overlap much. I can run home and play during my lunch break tomorrow. Are you good with 12:30 pm eastern tomorrow? 5:30 is when I'm making dinner, and the kids are getting wound up.

4. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I'll get mine in today with a write up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea 12:30 is fine. Setting the alarm now lol....

6. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Maryland is done :( Fuck Bye weeks

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

8. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

So far yes, I'm waiting to hear back from a guy but this is my plan until then

9. dakota7

I'll be there bud.

10. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I'm on recruiting. If I pause during our game it's due to the call I've been waiting for. See ya here in a couple..

11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I am not getting recruiting done tonight (your afternoon). Too many people on the Internet in the hotel. I will be doing this during breakfast tomorrow morning.

Masler - do you have a projected advance time? I know it is hard this early but I just need a heads up so I don't miss. Thanks.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

At least 48 hours

13. dakota7

No...we need to advance Friday night so I can play aarondramp

14. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Box Score

NCST - 07 l 16 l 09 l 21 ll 53
    PITT - 21 l 07 l 00 l 21 ll 49

Pittsburgh, PA

It was a clear, beautiful day at Heinz Field for Pittsburgh's opening game, but the Wolfpack of North Carolina State was looking for a win after last weeks demolishing against the Fighting Irish. For the opening ACC game for both of these teams, they sure made it a shootout for the fans to enjoy.

Pittsburgh got off to a 14-0 run on the Wolfpack early in the first two minutes, leaving coach IBO throwing his headset and clipboard on the sideline. But after a team meeting that no one said a word about when asked afterwards, the Wolfpack came back out and scored on a 6 yard rush from James Washington. Immediately afterwards Shanahan was hooked up for a 66 yard pass for a third touchdown from Sunseri.

The second quarter got off to a good start for the Wolfpack, scoring 10 unanswered points. Broken zones and man coverages led to receivers breaking free and getting scores all day long for both teams. Sunseri threw a fourth touchdown pass in the first half with :35 seconds remaining in the half, but Mike Glennon tossed a bomb following for half ending score, but a missed field goal left the score at the half 23-28.

The third quarter remained pretty quiet until the 2:30 mark, where NC State put up a field goal, followed by 2 drives by both teams ending in 3 and outs. It was the returned interception that put the Wolfpack back in the game with :26 left to go in the third, but a failed 2 point conversion left the game at 32-28.

It was a wild shootout when the fourth quarter came into play. Pittsburgh scored early on a 62 yard pass, Sunseri's fifth and final toss of the night, followed by a 39 yard run after a drive killing interception by the Wolfpack. NC State didn't let that get them down, they came out firing on a 75 yard pass to keep the game in reach. A three point difference was all the Wolfpack had with over 4 minutes to play. Both teams had stalling drives and Pittsburgh failed to score and gave the ball back. NC States offense pushed down the field hoping to cap off a game winning drive, they punched the ball in on a 3 yard rush by Creecy, and it looked as if they would win this game. But a 95 yard kickoff return by the Panthers broke the hearts of many NC State fans in the crowd. With only 39 seconds remaining it was going to look like a loss for the Wolfpack and their coach, IBO, had already started taking his headset off. Mike Glennon came out and dropped a bomb to a wide open receiver for a 79 yard pass to take the final score of the game and give the 'Pack their first victory of the season.

In a post game interview with coach IBO, he stated, "After last weeks loss I was ready to pack back up and go to the little leagues again, at least there you could drink, but I had faith in these kids after spending all summer watching their practices, I knew they had it in them. We pushed the tempo a little bit and made some changes on offense after getting off to a 14 point deficit. If we continue to play like this all season I'll definitely have to buy rogaine for my grey hairs."

Next week the NC State Wolfpack @ Houston ( niuhuskie224 )

Passing : Mike Glennon (NCST) - 14/27; 481 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT
    Tino Sunseri (PITT) - 21/28; 336 yards, 5 TD, 1 INT

Rushing : James Washington (NCST) - 15 carries for 45 yards with 1 TD
    Isaac Bennett (PITT) - 13 carries for 95 yards with 1 TD

Receiving : Bryan Underwood (NCST) - 5 catches for 192 yards and 2 TD
    Tobias Palmer (NCST) - 4 catches for 218 yards and 2 TD
    Mike Shanahan (PITT) - 6 catches for 163 yards and 2 TD
    Devin Street (PITT) - 4 catches for 94 yards an 1 TD

Key Stats : NCST l PITT

Total Offense : 558 l 483
    Rushing Total : 77 l 147
    3rd Down Conv : 7-11 (63%) l 4-10 (40%)
    Turnovers : 2 l 1
    TOP : 14:22 l 13:38

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Great writeup man but this should be in the game summary thread.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Its possible

17. dakota7

I'm hoping....otherwise its cool,

as a reminder, I'll be gone Saturday 21st thru Friday 27th.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    edge7771 I can go after 9pm tonight. Need to start by 11est

19. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

We could do 930 if that is cool?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    cool

• Like Like x 1
  21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    our game is playing very weird. hard to explain but weird

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'll play my game tomorrow. Again i wanna record it and I'm STILL finishing up the converting of files and uploading to YouTube. Hopefully getting my computer fixed so that I can get this shit done in less than 5 hours instead of two days

• Like Like x 1
  23. dakota7

We are cruising for a quick advance. Thanks guys.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Was with my buddies but they crashed and i was wide awake so i played my game tonight so Masler can play and advance. Now i can also sleep in. Win win

25. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I finished my recruiting and scouting. Can I get an early nomination for member of the year LOL.

• Like Like x 1