The E Season 10: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

#11 Stanford - 58

#14 Miami - 27

It was a wet day in Miami as Stanford tore apart the Canes. The game was a pretty defensive battle in the first half, ending 21-10 in Stanfords favor. The third quarter is when The Cardinal just went crazy in the first minute alone. It started with Barclay running the kickoff back for a TD, followed by Miami fumbling their own kickoff for a Stanford TD and ended with Frye picking off the Canes and Robinson hauling in a 47 yard pass for a TD....all in the first minute of the second half. The rest of the game saw Miami post a few points but Stanford merely had to allow the clock to run out as they showed their force in the opening week.

Stats

C. Morris - 10/19, 290 yards, 4 TD
    W. Howard - 22 Att, 112 yards, 1 TD
    C. Goodwin - 4 Rec, 179 yards, 3 TD
    M. Robinson - 3 Rec, 85 yards, 1 TD
    A. Duckett - 10 Tackles, 4 TFL, 2 Deflections

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

ASU 52
    ND 24

The season got off to a very rocky start for ASU and was very reminiscent of last season's subpar performance. Hall was extremely erratic, completing only 60% of his passes and throwing 2 picks with 0 TDs. ASU lost the TO battle 3:1 and came up with 0 damned INTs despite 10 damned defenders getting their damned hands on damned passes, only to drop them (damned).

Anywho.... With a 52-24 victory, the Sun Devils obviously did something right. Kick returner Alex Jones took a kickoff 86 yards (ND's kickers have noodle legs) for a TD. The stout ASU O-line didn't allow a sack, despite 26 pass attempts and they also moved the Irish defenders out of the way for the running game. The Devils gained an astounding 317 yards and 6 TDs on 48 carries.

Game Balls:
    HB Brandon Richardson - 11 car, 131 yds, 11.9 YPC, TD
    HB Barry Joseph - 9 car, 59 yds, 6.5 YPC, 4 TDs
    HB Marcus McCoy - 5 car, 69 yds, 13.8 YPC
    OLB Brad Pierre - 9 tkls (5 solo)
    OLB Lenny Wilkinson - 10 tkls (2 solo), 3 TFL

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

# 12 NU goes into Doak Campbell and gets a nice win behind first time starter JR QB Andrew Swain's 4 TD day. Swain is probably the best passing QB the Wildcats have had under coach KSherm. Couple that with some semi talented WR's and it showed today as Swain threw for 400+ yards keying the offense to a huge day. Bruising JR HB Cameron Samuel also started the season off solidly with a 100+ yard game (if only he was just a bit faster!)

This is easily the most talented team the Wildcats have fielded (man it's much easier throwing it with an 88/85 tp/ta QB instead of a 82/75. Who knew?) as for the first time ever there's someone in purple that's rated 90+.

4. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

No score?

5. jello1717

[​IMG]

6. Darkwing

To answer Jello's WHOAA to the Navy offense...
    Oklahoma -- 22
    Tennessee -- 35

The #2 Vols opened what looks to be a rejuvenating season. The whole theme is trying to bring back the competitive fun of the game. Hoping that restricting my roster and using a playbook that is pretty much disabled by the gameplay works. Really happy with how part 1 turned out, I really struggled to win and it was a fun, challenging game against :3stars:OU even though their team was rated a 92 overall (same as mine)

To the actual game, the defense felt very soft as I figured. Really going to miss last season's squad. Now the D is led by stud junior FS Ronnie Biddle. They couldn't turn any deflections into picks but three Sooners were knocked out with injuries. The first-time offense was surprisingly efficient. RS Senior James Ingram filled in nicely for the departed Joe Powers at QB. HB Coleman was solid building on his freshman campaign but he did commit his first career fumble. The rushing attack was key here with 47 attempts for 202 yards and over 27 minutes of possession. Also, Sophomore CB Gabe Baker was phenomenal returning with 5 KRs for 151 yards.

Stats:
    QB Ingram -- 8/16 for 183 yards. TD | 15 carries for 71 yards
    HB Coleman -- 14 carries for 62 yards. 3 TDs
    WR Cole -- 4 catches for 127 yards

7. jello1717

I foresee you winning precisely 0 user games with Navy's offense. That's where my "WHOA" came from. Hopefully it makes the CPU games more fun for you.

8. Darkwing

I can believe that..respect your opinion

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

USC 21
    #12 NU 41

This one was an extremely tight game for 3 quarters before it got ugly for USC in the 4th. USC jumped out to a nice lead early going up 14-3 in the first half thanks to a terrible INT thrown by NU QB Andrew Swain. (I'm holding down on the stick cause it's a tight window and I just want to get rid of it on a slant route and instead he leads the WR by about 7 yards right to the USC LB....smh) NU would settle down though and put together a big time scoring drive triggered by a monster 3rd down conversion where Swain was wrapped up on the backfield, shook lose of the sack, then outran the USC LB for 11 yards and a first down. NU would go on to score and go into halftime down 14-10.

NU received the ball to open the second half and another big time drive resulting in a TD put NU on top 14-17. Another terrible INT thrown by Swain (I'm throwing a screen pass and the USC DE goes magic man and picks that shit off while getting blocked....what a play lol!) would setup another SC TD to put the Trojans back on top 21-17. Swain wasn't going to go away easily though when saddled with another big time third down he connected with WR N. Nicholas for a 39 yard TD. (Great play where the WR out jumped the lone USC FS)

USC would end up with a couple turnovers in the 4th quarter and a back breaking jail break screen by NU would pretty much put this one away.

Great game from controllerabuser that was an extremely fun game.

Gameball: NU HB Cameron Samuel 21 car 151 yds 2 TDs, rec 34 yds

Notables:
    USC
    QB B. Robinson 131.2 7/15 120 yds 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 sacks
    HB J. Bailey 18 car 105 yds TD, rec 6 yds
    WR F. Pettit 3 rec 40 yds

NU
    QB A. Swain 160.6 17/28 263 yds 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 sacks, 5 car 11 yds
    TE K. Browne 5 rec 51 yds TD
    WR J. George 4 rec 79 yds TD
    WR T. Reid 3 rec 31 yds

• Like Like x 1
  10. jello1717

[​IMG][​IMG]
    24 - 7
    Devils' D Shows Up For a Change
    ASU traveled to the 6th toughest place to play to take on the 5th ranked Rebels. The Devils played very well on both sides of the ball which led to a 24-7 victory. Offensively the Devils were very difficult for the Rebels to contain. They converted 8 of 11 3rd downs (and 1 of those failed conversions led to a converted 4th and 1) which helped lead them to a dominating 19:13 T.O.P. ratio. While the Devils ran 59 offensive plays, the Rebels only had the ball long enough for 35 plays. The Sun Devil attack was nicely balanced with 163 passing yards and 156 rushing yards. QB Hall threw yet another INT and 0 TDs and also lost a fumble, but outside of those, he was very effective. He completed 76% of his 25 pass attempts to 8 different receivers. He spread the ball around so well that 5 guys led the team with 3 receptions each. On the ground the carries were spread around as well (starter Richardson had 10 carries and 4 players had at least 6 carries and 6 guys had at least 2 carries). Richardson and Joseph led the way, averaging 8 and 9 yards per carry respectively.
    Defensively, the Devils put the Notre Dame debacle of week 1 in their rear view mirrors. They held the potent Rebel rushing game to only 33 yards on 17 carries. They allowed the Rebels to convert 3 of 4 3rd downs in the 1st half, but then buckled down in the second, only allowed 1 of the last 5 3rd downs to be converted. They forced 2 turnovers, including 1 in the red zone. They held the Rebels to less than 200 yards of offense and only 8 first downs the entire game.
    Game Balls:
    ASU:
    HB Brandon Richardson - 10 car, 84 yds, 8.4 YPC, 2 TDs - 3 rec, 37 yds
    HB Barry Joseph - 6 car, 56 yds, 9.3 YPC, TD
    Ole Miss:
    WR T. Ford - 5 rec, 134 yds, 26.8 AVG
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

37 - 21

Michigan traveled to Palo alto to battle the Cardinal. Stanford KR Billy Barclay got the game going with a bang scoring on the opening kickoff with a 96 yard return. The Wolverines HB Charles Butler answered on the first official play from scrimmage with a 78 yard run placing the ball at the Cardinal 3 yard line. The teams traded punts before Michigan took a 10 - 7 lead with a 20 yard FG by Ray Blake. With Stanford beginning to put a drive together and get the home fans back into the game Michigan CB Trey Carpenter jumped in front of a Cody Morris pass and found the red zone 52 yards later for the pick six. SR MLB Hayden Russell intercepted a Morris pass on the next Stanford possession after another excellent return by Barclay down to the Michigan 15 yard line. Unable to score Michigan watched as as Morris began to get things going with the run game before connecting with WR CJ Goodwin for a 46 yard TD pass. From there things began to fall apart for Stanford as their offensive production began to grind to a halt as the defensive pressure started to overwhelm Morris behind his shaky o-line. Michigan outscored Stanford 20 - 0 over the next 18 minutes of game time before Eric Clay connected with WR David Smith at the 57 second mark left in the game. A 66 yard TD pass from Michigan QB Johnny Wood to TE Charles Robinson was a backbreaker as it came on a key thrid quarter play with Michigan facing a third and 3.

Stars of the Game:
    HB Charles Butler 20 carries for 181 yards
    TE Charles Robinson 4 recpetions for 130 yards and a TD
    DT Matt Jones 4 sacks (now 1 sack from tying Michigan school record of 30 career sacks)

GG Masler that returner of yours is dangerous

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

GG. I never knew he was that good in the return game. Second KR-TD of the year. And you dominated my O Line. I had no time to pass, no room to run and my defense could have played better. I expect a 99 overall offense to do more though. Starting to feel like playing me is a guaranteed W for anyone :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I just got the breaks early on. Your run game was effective.

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Johnny Wood??

15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yes. He transferred to Ann Arbor a year ago. He saw the error in his recruitment decision I guess.

16. dakota7

His name is funny....similar to Johnny Wad.

17. jello1717

blLL flo, I can see why you posted the replay of that fumble. I didn't notice it in dakota7 's version, but if that happened to me I'd be PISSED as the dude was flat on his back when the ball came out. I don't know what the score was like when that happened, but that was a missed call.

18. dakota7

I think that fumble td made it a 17 point game.

19. dakota7

[​IMG] 41
    [​IMG] 21

The Badgers headed down to Athens, intent on getting some revenge for last season's loss in the BCS title game. The Badger defense set the tone early, forcing a punt on the opening possession. The Badger offense marched right down the field behind a balanced attack, finally punching it in on an 8 yard play action pass to tight end Jared McCoy. The Badger defense continued to establish itself, as corner Chris Parker picked off a Chris Allen pass and returned it 55 yards to the house. Badgers up 14-0. The teams traded punts in the second quarter before Georgia finally got on the board on a 7 yard fullback dive. The Badgers were able to move into field goal range before the half ended, making it 17-7 at intermission. The Badgers offense came out hot, quickly moving the ball to midfield. However, a penalty and a couple of stuffed runs forced a punt there. The Badger punter, Mike Parham, got off a sky rocket, allowing the coverage team to quickly get downfield. Georgia punt returner, Wesley Walter, for some reason tried to return the ball despite it being inside the 10 yard line. He was drilled by cornerback Chris Parker and olb Sheldon Houston picked it up and walked into the end zone for the easy score. This gave the Badgers a healthy 24-7 lead to protect, which plays right to the Badger strengths. Georgia responded about 4 minutes later with a 48 yard touchdown to tight end Tom Branch. Feeling the momentum begin to swing, the Badgers went to the ground and pound and were able to bust a 54 yard touchdown run by HB Charlie Stephens. The Bulldogs responded 3 minutes later with another touchdown, this time on a QB scramble (I hate it when a cpu zone defender watches the QB run past him....I hope they fix that shit for '13). That made the score 31-21 with just about 6 minutes to play, so Georgia was still alive. Wisconsin's offense again returned to the ground, picking up 2 quick first downs by Stephens. Faced with a 3rd and 6, QB Nick Witherspoon went back to TE McCoy, who broke a tackle for a 30 yard gain. This set the Badgers up just outside of field goal range. Runs on first and second down didn't yield much, so on 3rd down Witherspoon saw single coverage on the outside against his best receiver, Marcus Washington. He made his mind up presnap that if Washington beat the jam, he was getting the ball. Washington beat the jam, got a step and was able to hold off the Georgia corner for a 38 yard touchdown in the back of the end zone. This made it 38-21 with only 4 1/2 minutes left. The Badger defense got a pick late to seal the victory. Good game blLL flo The turnovers killed you, especially the 2 touchdowns. Good luck the rest of the way.

Witherspoon 11/19 188 2/1
    Stephens 12/139 1 td
    Washington 1/38 1 td
    McCoy 2/38 1 td

20. dakota7

21. dakota7

Not that I'm defending EA's crappy replay/review logic.... (of lack of in a user game)

22. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Good game. I had an INT right before the pick 6, and my guy hurdles out of bounds instead of tying the game. Then the punt fumble, guy just dropped the ball, he wasn't really hit immediately after the catch either. Then on your long rushing TD, your back just bounces off a tackler and runs free.

Didn't get the breaks this game and became one-dimensional in the 2nd half.

EDIT: Not to mention my user controlled guy was responding slowly the whole game. On the first TD replay you can see my guy try to swat really late and on a few passes in front of my MLB where there were late reactions as well. And my CB was in front of the WR on the last replay just whiffs on the swat. Just no breaks at all this game.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  23. dakota7

I assumed on your pick it was you mashing the user catch button and just one registered late...hence the hurdle. (I do that too)

That HB has a pretty high break tackle/truck rating........it better be good for something!! (y)

I'm hoping one of the 420 new catch animations fixes the problems on that 38 yard touchdown....my guy beats your corner to the inside, yet when they make their plays on the ball, the WR loops around behind to the outside of your corner to make the catch...while your corner is picking his ass.....I feel your frustrations.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

#7 Arizona: 48
    #11 Northwestern: 12

Arizona was firing on all cylinders today. Derrick Adkins had a day going 19/29 for 254 yards and 2 scores. Sadly it wasn't a perfect day as he threw a pick and was sacked 7 times. Donte Cox (99 overall center) relinquished 4 sacks to J. Robinson (who had 5 on the day) which is VERY bad. Robinson had himself a day and was untouchable when Derrick held the ball too long or there was miss communication along the O-line. Derrick spread the wealth which was good to see. He also hit a lot of short throws but had one big TD throw to Derrick Adkins who ran the Post on his Choice Route and was WIDE OPEN down the center of the field for 57 yards. The Arizona defense was phenomenal as Dan Ball was all over the place recording 13 Total Tackles and having 8 for a loss including a Strip Sack. Northwestern's Pistol offense left a lot of holes in the Oline that Ball just abused all day.

GoGators do you run the Pistol or was this just a fuck up by EA? Also i would of saved highlights but 3 times throughout the game my internet connection dropped cause i'm at home (hate playing games here :mad:). Not a lot of big plays, just good drives by me.

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

#14 Stanford - 49

Alabama - 13

It was a major stalemate in Bryant Denny for the first half with Stanford only leading 14-6 due to Clay hooking up with Goodwin for two 40+ yard TDs. Kick return sensation Billy Barclay would open up the second half with a 102 yard kick return to go up 21-6. Clay would hook up with Robinson after a long drive to continue pulling away from the Tide. Stanford would close out the 3rd quarter by scoring two defensive touchdowns. The Cardinal recorded 3 picks in the 3rd quarter with 2 belonging to CB Smith and one to LB Duckett. The Fourth Quarter was simply cruise control but Clay did find a hole and ran in a TD from 23 yards out. Bama did manage to finally score a TD and put a damper on my personal goal of keeping them off the board TD-wise.

Another typical CPU victory...we will see a BYE next week before hosting Colorado.

Stats

E. Clay - 15/28, 234 yards, 3 TD, 3 Att, 10 yards, 1 TD
    W. Howard - 19 Att, 111 yards
    C. Goodwin - 5 Rec, 99 yards, 2 TD
    A. Duckett - 10 Tackles, 0.5 Sacks, 1 INT-TD, 2 Deflections
    T. Smith - 6 Tackles, 5 TFL, 3 Sacks, 1 FF
    B. Barclay - 3 KR, 4 PR, 240 All-Purpose yards, 1 TD