The E. Season 11: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, May 8, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Post 'em up.

2. jello1717

SMU 31
    Arizona 6

Hunter pass.jpg
    FR Danny Hunter emerged as the clear favorite to be SMU's starter this season​

This game was like a tryout of sorts for the Mustangs. FR(RS) QB Danny Hunter was given the starting spot after the spring session, but he's still competing against SO Andrew Hollis during the OOC games. Against Arizona they each took 2 drives and then sat for 2 drives. In this first game Hunter was the clear victor as he was surprisingly more accurate and put up better numbers across the board. On the ground SMU had 10 guys carry the ball, but no one was able to assert himself and no one could get anything going. Given how young and inexperienced the receiving corps is, this is very worrisome for coach Jello as he plans on leaning even more heavily than normal on the ground attack.

The D played awesome and held a shutout until Arizona's 2nd to final drive.

Game Balls:
    QB Danny Hunter - 227.4, 6/9 (66%), 133 yds, TD
    HB Jesse Jones - 6 car, 40 yds (6.6 YPC), TD
    WR Scott Slaughter - 3 rec, 107 yds
    MLB Stephen Lawrence - 7 tkls, 2 TFL, Sk

3. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Miami - 35
    Penn State - 17

MIA - 14 l 21 l 00 l 00 l 35
    PSU - 00 l 07 l 03 l 07 l 17

[​IMG]
    Max Anthony's 55 yard TD rush. *video uploaded to dynasty website*

It was a fresh start to the season for the Hurricanes and coach iBO, and these boys came out to show what they intend to do all season tonight. Defense, Offense, Special Teams, they all showed up to play today and played big on the road for their coach. The first quarter was close in coach iBO's eyes as they only led by 14 points after a Max Anthony 3 yard dash, and a short 4 yard pass from Powers to Harris in the endzone.

It was the second quarter where the 'Canes opened the wounds and let it pour out. Max Anthony hit a 55 yard rush to put his second touchdown on the board. Followed by another rushing touchdown from Kenton Daniels, and the last touchdown of the day for the 'Canes was tossed in the endzone with 2:47 left in the half on a 62 yard pass from Powers to Simon. Kenton Daniels gave up a fumble to Penn State to allow their only touchdown of the half with less than a minute to go in the first half.

The second half is where the substitutes started really rotating in and gave up the final 10 points for the day. In coach iBO's post game interview he said, "I am really proud of our defensive performance tonight, even our second string team came in and did their job today! The Penn State offense only breached our side of the field 3 or 4 times the whole game, great job tonight team!" We seen alot of rotation between position battling players after the first quarter and first half, but the HB battle will be the one to watch. Max Anthony can seal off the battle next week if he keeps an outstanding performance like we saw this week from him.

As the Hurricanes prep up for next weeks battle against, iBO's Alma Mater and where he coached before returning to the league, Arkansas State, the story will be who will be running the ball for most of the season? It may seem that Anthony is the favorite, but can Daniels squeeze on out from him before conference play starts? Stay tuned all year to see how this Hurricane team develops and what their outcome will be in 2022.

KEY STATS :

Max Anthony - 8 attempts for 110 yards and 2 touchdowns
    Shaun Powers - 9/12 for 193 yards and 2 touchdowns
    Nick Simon - 5 receptions for 113 yards and 1 touchdown

Game Ball : Max Anthony

• Like Like x 1
  4. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

NIU 3
    Texas 45

Texas wins its home/season opener big as a welcome back gift for coach Rice. It was never really a game as Texas went in the half up 31-3. Texas was led by first time starter at QB soph W. Crews who passed for 321 years and 3 TDs. Coach Rice had this to say about the game. "We wanted to come in and show the NCAA how we are going to approach this season, we are not gonna be as dominant most games, but we are going to be very aggressive"

Not much to write about, pretty much dominated this one. The CPU did a number with my roster lol didnt know 1 recruiting class could put a dent on ya team like this, but it will be fun patching things up!!!

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

422A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_nYw.jpg
    HB Frederick strikes a familiar pose​
    #7 Kansas State - 42​
    Kentucky - 14​
    We held Kentucky to no point in the first half and they put together a couple of drives in the second half to prevent the shutout. Our offense was way too much for these guys. Starting QB Coleman used his arm to great advantage, nearing throwing for 400 yards and 4 TD's with no picks. His primary targets were Williams and Johnson, both who went well over 100 yards receiving and saw the endzone at least once. The rushing attack was great as well with our ball carriers eclipsing 200 yards as a team with Webb and Frederick leading the way. Our defense played very clean, not forcing any turnovers but not really budging much either. A nice way to start a new season. ​
    Stats​
    T. Coleman - 20/34, 390 yards, 4 TD​
    T. Webb - 21 Att, 116 yards, 5.5 ypc, 1 TD​
    C. Frederick - 9 Att, 78 yards, 8.6 ypc, 1 TD​
    J. Williams - 7 Rec, 125 yards, 2 TD​
    N. Johnson - 7 Rec, 192 yards, 1 TD​
    E. Anderson - 4 Rec, 77 yards, 1 TD​

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Baylor 34
    Oregon 48

I got sacked 10 times. Two 82 rated DEs and an 89 rated DT owned my 90+ rated offensive line.

smh

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  7. jello1717

I saw your guy led the nation in times sacked last year too (or at least led late in the season). What's up with that?

I saw all the points the Ducks put on you. What kind of offense were they running?

8. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I feel ya Southern Miss was like the freakin steel curtain of the 70's

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

No idea why my line won't block.

They ran a balanced offense. Kind of looked like mine. Would come out in shotgun, I-form, single back. Couldn't get them off the field. 9/13 on 3rd downs.

10. jello1717

Your 87 rated LE had 6 sacks so I think it was a wash...

11. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Against a 79 RT.

I had the talent advantage but it didn't matter in this one.

12. jello1717

I've had 99 LEs go up against 70 something tackles and not approach 6 sacks.

13. jello1717

Masler couldn't have planned this any better for me. I went back through my spreadsheet to see where my players transferred. I saw that 2 years ago I had my FR QB Donald Johnson transfer to Arizona. He's now starting for them and I played them in week 1. I didn't realize it at the time, but I got to play against the QB that left my team and show him what he's missing out on. Had he stayed, he'd be starting for the defending champs this year.

That's cool as hell!

• Like Like x 1
  14. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

ga football.PNG

#2 GT 21
    USCjr 28

GT played host to the Gamecock’s of South Carolina in a hard hitting game. SC came in looking to sock the world and that they did. SC HB Clayton Booker was the second coming of SC legend George Rogers as he couldn’t be stopped. Whenever they needed a big play all they had to was hand him the rock which they did 26 times for 140yards. SC’s Oline would open truck sized holes as they just man handled the GT front 7. GT didn’t help matters as QB Michael Parham has forgotten how to throw the ball this season with 4 more int’s in this game. That makes 6 in two games after throwing just 9 last year. Tough loss for the Yellow Jackets as they look to regroup as Big 12 play opens up with TCU coming to town.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  15. Masler

Masler Moderator

422A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_piv.jpg
    Nick Johnson was constantly outrunning the secondary​
    #6 Kansas State - 49​
    #10 Auburn - 30​
    This game started off really ugly for the Wildcats as the Tigers just beat them up. After stopping them on fourth down, Webb would get smacked on the handoff, falling backwards and allowing Auburn to pick up the safety. Things didn't get better as the Tigers then connected for a 43 yard TD score to go up 9-0 over KSU. Coleman would get us going though with a 40 yard strike to Williams. But our defense continued to stumble over themselves and allowed another Auburn TD to go down 16-7. The remaining 3 minutes were then a slugfest with both teams getting huge plays, ending with Auburn up 23-20 (we missed a PAT, unknown how). Then the Wildcats would receive a HUGE gift as Webb would scamper 102 yards to the house to give KSU their first lead of the day, we decided to go for two to make up for the missed PAT and were successful. The third quarter belonged to KSU as they would score 21 unanswered all together and the defense was finally making plays with 2 crucial INT's and a late fumble recovery. While Auburn did make it a 12 point game late, Fredericks TD effectively shut them down, sealing our win. ​
    Stats​
    T. Coleman - 19/31, 322 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT​
    T. Webb - 26 Att, 1 KR, 2 PR, 2 Rec, 285 All-Purpose yards, 5.0 ypc, 2 TD's​
    N. Johnson - 6 Rec, 151 yards, 2 TD​
    J. Williams - 4 Rec, 80 yards, 2 TD​

16. jello1717

SMU 48
    Navy 31

Jones juking.jpg
    SO HB Jesse Jones causing a Navy safety to lose some lingerie on the field​

SMU won a shootout with a terrible Navy team. The midshipmen O-line (rated 85-72) stonewalled the SMU defense no matter if they rushed 3, 4, 5 or even 6 (the only sack on the day was by the nickle back late in the game when coach Jello got desperate and rushed 7) and this gave their QB all day to find receivers (sometimes waiting more than 7 seconds for a guy to get open). This allowed the Navy QB to throw for nearly 300 yards and for the Middies to wrack up 31 points.

Unfortunately for them, their defense was even more terribler than SMU's as SMU ran all over them to the tune of 368 yards and 3 TDs. This week's QB battle was the opposite from last week as "starter" Hunter (who had the edge last week) played rather poorly while "backup" Hollis played very, very well as they both alternated every 2 possessions once again. Coach Jello had hoped to have a clear winner before starting Big XII play in week 4 so coach Jello will spend a lot of time in the film room before deciding who will be the full time starter.

Game Balls:
    QB Andrew Hollis - 226.6, 8/11 (72%), 123 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT
    HB#4 Lamar Freeman - 8 car, 80 yds (10.0 YPC)
    HB#2 Jesse Jones - 7 car, 62 yds (8.8 YPC), 2 TD, 3 BTK
    HB#1 Kevin Berg - 9 car, 79 yds (8.7 YPC)
    HB#3 Brandon McCormick - 5 car, 41 yds (8.2 YPC)
    C Joe McAfee - 9 pancakes!!!!, 0 sacks allowed
    SS Michael Stephens - 11 tkls, INT, defl
    Ret Jeremy Weddle - 6 KR, 208 yds (34.6 AVG), TD - 2 PR, 19 yds (9.5 AVG)

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  17. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Notre Dame - 10
    Miami - 23

ND - 00 l 03 l 00 l 07 - 10
    Mia - 00 l 10 l 03 l 10 - 23

[​IMG]

Fumble Forced by Miami overturned by the booth. Clearly knee was not down.
    Miami coach, iBO, finally got redemption on his first loss of the 2013 series for his career. After getting blown out and the score ran up on by Notre Dame in week 1 of 2013, coach iBO got his team prepared to play their first home game this season. Last weeks loss (after a CPU rage quit) to Arkansas State hurt the morale of the Hurricanes but their coach had them pumped up and ready to go again.​
    The first quarter was quiet and had no scoring drives from either team. Finally in the second quarter Miami hit the scoring board with a 21 yard touchdown on a pass to Chris Harris from Shaun Powers. Notre Dame took their following drive to answer with a Trey Newsome 26 yard field goal. Both teams continued strong defensive battles with alot of costly turnovers by each team, but Miami took a 7 point lead with a Charles Sims 46 yard field goal as time expired in the 2nd quarter.​
    Charles Sims put up the only points in the 3rd quarter with a 45 yard field goal with 4:25 remaining in the 3rd. Shaun Powers tossed in his second touchdown of the night in the 4th quarter with a 36 yard pass to Abdul Rice. Miami's 17 point lead was cut down to 10 after Notre Dame answered with a minute left in the game on a 21 yard pass from James White. Miami recovered the onside kick and after a few ND timeouts and a huge run from Max Anthony, Sims got to hit his 3rd and final FG of the night capping off the victory versus Notre Dame. Notre Dame forced 5 turnovers, but still couldn't pull this one out of the bag.​
    Coach iBO was very pleased with his teams performance, but we could tell he wanted the score a little higher to get a bit even with the last game these teams played. After the game he was all smiles and praising his team. Miami will stay at home on a bye next week before playing Texas in week 5.​
    Key Stats :
    Shaun Powers - 14/26 for 173 yards with 2 TD and 3 INT​
    Max Anthony - 27 rushes for 127 yards​

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

422A0001_242_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_toQ.jpg
    Johnson is quickly becoming a star​
    #3 Kansas State - 23​
    #16 Michigan - 21​
    The Wolverines shut down our passing attack today but could not contain our backs from running all over them. While our up and coming star WR Johnson snagged another TD pass, he was held under 100 yards receiving. Webb would score our first points of the day, putting us up early but Michigan came storming back on defense, delivering a safety and a FG to make it a 7-5 game. The remaining two minutes of the first half were ugly for KSU as Michigan would tack on ten more points to take a 15-7 lead. Coleman would connect with Johnson on a 42 yard at the end of the half and the 2 point conversion was unsuccessful. After the half KSU was able to retake the small lead after a FG to go up 16-15. The Wolverines were a pesky bunch as they got a FG of their own to take another 2 point lead, 18-16. Kansas State would finally find the endzone by way of third string HB Bostic scoring his first collegiate TD. Michigan would score again by way of FG and that would be it. Coleman was unfortunately knocked out of the game on the TD pass to Johnson so Nelson was in, we attempted to throw for the first down and end this game but the Michigan linebacker picked it off. With 3 seconds left in the game they came out in 5 wide, the ball went deep as expected and the Wolverine receiver actually caught the ball but luckily four Wildcats quickly surrounded him and ended the upset bid. ​
    Stats​
    T. Coleman - 6/9, 118 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT​
    T. Webb - 15 Att, 104 yards, 6.9 ypc, 1 TD​
    C. Frederick - 17 Att, 167 yards, 9.8 ypc​
    N. Bostic - 1 Att, 3 yards, 3.0 ypc, 1 TD​
    N. Johnson - 3 Rec, 78 yards, 1 TD​

19. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Baylor 38
    Oregon 41

Freshman kicker misses a chip shot in the first OT and the Bears lose on the road again. Maybe I've played this game too much but the for the first time I felt there was extra influence in the game on a few plays. The fumble for TD and shoestring INT as my biggest examples. Other than that the defense sucked and couldn't stop the run. Some big plays got it tied late in the 4th but after a nice defense 3 and out. We have 1st and goal on the 5 and have to kick a FG. Stuff, stuff, stuff, brick. Ducks win.

20. jello1717

[​IMG]35
    [​IMG]0

SMU invaded the Doak and dominated this game from the get go. While the SMU O played well, it was the SMU defense that was the story. They held the FSU offense to only 21 total yards in the 1st half and no, that's not a type-o. FSU ended the game with only 109 yards of offense. FSU's QB Reed seems to be lost this season without his 95 SPD TE as he entered the game with only 1 TD to 4 INTs. Against SMU he doubled that INT number as he tossed 4 more. On top of that he only completed 29% of his passes today as the SMU secondary completely blanketed the receivers all day. As a guess this reporter thinks that Reed is probably used to seeing man coverage all the time (since that's what most teams seem to specialize in today) so he was confused by SMU's predominately zone coverage.

On the other side of the ball SMU's offense was okay, but certainly not great. They had both of their top 2 HBs rush for 65+ yards and 2 TDs apiece. They were pretty good on 3rd down as they converted 6 of 11 while the D held FSU to only 2 of 9 3rd down and 0 of 3 4th down conversions. This allowed the Mustangs to dominate TOP (19 minutes to 9) and number of plays run (57 to 38). FR(RS) QB Danny Hunter, who won the starting QB job after a 2 game tryout, was efficient enough as he completed 12/16 passes (75%) and never turned the ball over.

SMU moves to 1-0 in the Big XII on the season. GG jay2149. My D just played like maniacs today and covered like crazy.

Game Balls:
    SMU:
    HB#1 Kevin Berg - 10 car, 66 yds (6.6 YPC), 2 TD
    HB#2 Jesse Jones - 15 car, 65 yds (4.3 YPC), 2 TD

FSU:
    HB M. Jones - 12 car, 64 yds (5.3 YPC)
    SS P. Doty - 6 solo tkls

FSU.PNG

21. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Virginia 19
    Baylor 24

Finally a home game! Finally a W! Some how we avoided a loss by playing great defense despite 5 turnovers. UVA had the ball with a chance to win it but the defense stepped up again. Williams looked a lot better at QB and the WRs seemed to hang on to it better as well. Bad news was starting HB Donnie Smith has been lost for the next 10 weeks.

22. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Texas A&M 0
    Baylor 42

QB Dominique Williams threw 5 TDs and the defense complete dominated the Aggies. They were 1/10 on 3rd down with only 3 first downs all game. The Bears on the other hand were 11/13 on 3rd down. Bye next week before looking for their first win on the road at Miami.

23. jello1717

UofCWildcat, this is probably the first time I've ever seen a FB in the Heisman race!

heisman.PNG

24. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

ga football.PNG

#7 GT 27
    #18 UVA 17

A young Yellow Jacket is still trying to find itself, but held onto a 10pt lead for the W against UVA. GT thought it was going to be a blow out at they couldn't move the ball or stop UVA. GT once again had trouble stopping the run as UVA HB Lee Little was a monster running for 122yrds on just 12att. GT would tighten up on D in the second half holding UVA to a goose egg after turning away a couple deep drives. GT HB Frank Benjamin was the workhorse running for 197yrds 2tds on 28att, while Micheal Parham struggled once again. It might be time for super frosh John Green to line up under center.

25. jello1717

SMU 59
    Clemson 31

Tonight SMU showed an explosiveness that hasn't been seen in Dallas for a few seasons. They had 2 90+ yard TD runs as well as a 50 yard TD pass. This battle between no huddle teams saw a ton of plays as Clemson ran 72 plays while SMU ran 61. SMU's ground attack was destructive as they ran 44 times for 420 yards and 6 TDs. In the 2nd half the SMU O-line took over the game as they were pancaking the defense on nearly every running play.

hunter berg mesh.jpg
    FR QB Danny Hunter is rapidly becoming the Big Man On Campus in Dallas​

Game Balls:
    QB Danny Hunter - 238.0, 13/16 (81%), 220 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT - 7 car, 122 yds (17.4 YPC), TD
    HB#4 Lamar Freeman - 11 car, 91 yds (8.2 YPC), 2 TD
    WR Scott Slaughter - 3 car, 90 yds (30 YPC), TD - 2 rec, 70 yds, TD
    SS Michael Stephens - 10 tkls, 2 INT