The E. Season 12: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, Jun 8, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Post 'em up.

2. jello1717

SMU 49
    CSU 7
    2023 Reid INT.jpg
    The SMU D were true ball hawks against CSU, forcing 4 TOs​

SMU started off quickly against the Rams with 2 quick TDs and played very steadily throughout the game. SO QB Danny Hunter had an amazing day slinging the rock with 295 yards and 5 TD tosses. His top receiver, Alex Walton, won POTG with a 5 catch, 166 yard, 3 TD performance. The SMU D was porous in the 1st half, allowing 220 yards, but then stifling in the 2nd, only allowing 65 yards. They also wracked up a ton of sacks from their scrambling QB who constantly scrambled, but frequently got tackled before making it back to the LOS.

SMU, who start the season off with 3 consecutive road games, will now prepare to travel to Baton Rouge to face the #1 LSU Tigers, in what will be LSU's first game since losing to SMU 24-6 in the NCG last season.

Game Balls:
    QB Danny Hunter - 237.6, 15/22 (68%), 295 yds, 5 TD, 2 INT
    WR Alex Walton - 5 rec, 166 yds, 3 TD
    DE Michael Montgomery - 7 tkls, 4 TFL, 4 Sks, FF, FR
    MLB Clifton Smith - 5 tkls, TFL, 0.5 Sk, INT

3. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

gt football.PNG

#8 GT 41
    Duke 10

The Yellow Jackets traveled to Duke for its season opener for the 2023 season. The team was chomping at the bit to get last year’s bad taste out of its mouth. The game started off shaky as GT fumbled a punt and had a couple early picks. But after settling down and getting the jitters out GT started to click on both sides of the ball.

Going into the 2nd quarter down 3-0 and the coach looking to pull the QB things broke open. Michael Parham found Fr Jed Winston streaking down the sideline for a 53 TD pass. That would a start a 31pt unanswered streak for the Yellow Jackets. The offense would have great balance passing for 245yrds and rushing for 226. The Defense would play strong holding Duke to 149yrds passing (70 of it late) 59yrds on the ground, 1/8 on 3rd down and force 3TO’s.

Georgia Tech Players of Note:

QB Michael Parham 14/21 245yrds 2TD’s 2Int
    HB Frank Benjamin 22att 137yrds 1TD
    WR Jed Winston 5rec 95yrds 1TD

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    35 - 21
    Coach Fmode11 comes out in first game and gets Victory

Coach Fmode came to Clemson to return a program regressing back to it's highs with its high octane offense and high flying athletes. While the roster is still chalk full of talent the team and been out muscled by many of the powerhouses located with in the Big 12.

Clemson managed to control most of the game. Coach Fmode made his was through much of the playbook exploring what this offense could, and couldn't do. What he found out was there is a bevy of talented running backs on this team. Totaling a 229 yards on the ground and if not for a couple of poorly throw balls by QB Sam Smith this game would not have looked as close as it did. In addition, the Bulls were able to add a couple of 4th quarter touchdowns.

Star of the Game:
    RB R. Robertson 28 att 167 yds 2 tds

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    The Wildcat linebackers were all over the Chippewas​
    #3 KSU - 42​
    CMU - 23​
    While the Chips made a furious comeback in the early 4th, two TD's from K-State would shut them down for good. Except for one long run for a TD, CMU should have had a mere 11 yards of rushing but their HB was able to slip a tackle and take it 70 yards to the house. But even with his 103 yard day, overall CMU had just 81 positive yards of rushing. The Wildcat offense was very potent with Coleman throwing for over 400 yards and 5 TDs but he did let CMU get close in this one with 3 INT's. Webb and Frederick were able to combine for over 100 yards rushing and a rushing score. The defense did only force one turnover but it came at the best time and was the end to this game. ​
    Stats​
    T. Coleman - 15/26, 406 yards, 5 TD, 3 INT​
    T. Webb - 18 Att, 76 yards, 4.2 ypc​
    C. Frederick - 12 Att, 87 yards, 7.2 ypc, 1 TD​
    J. Bell - 5 Rec, 85 yards, 2 TD​
    J. Williams - 4 Rec, 122 yards​
    E. Anderson - 3 Rec, 110 yards, 2 TD​
    C. Wright - 2 Rec, 82 yards, 1 TD​
    B. Felder - 9 Tackles, 2 TFL​
    B. Rogers - 9 Tackles, 3 TFL. 0.5 Sacks, 1 Defl​
    K. Williams - 6 Tackles, 4 TFL, 1 Defl, 1 FF​

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

imagesCA9G8GNE.jpg

#7 GT 37
    ND 34

The Yellow Jackets welcomed the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame to Bobby Dodd stadium in what turned out to be a thrilling game. ND is always a tough game for any team no matter if they’re highly ranked or not. This day would be the same as it would come down to the wire.
    ND came out in the first half and totally dominated both sides of the ball. GT QB Michael Parham was running for his life as he was sacked 7 times on the day. It was looking like a blow out was shaping up and the Yellow Jackets would be on the wrong side of it. On offense Notre Dame HB Jonathan Walker is listed as a speed back, but today he was more Jerome Bettis. Walker could not be stopped as he would just run over would be tacklers. And when he wasn’t running QB Jorge Roberts would have all day to throw the ball no matter how many the GT defense would bring.

Up 17-3 up GT would fumble the kick off right before half and ND would try to deliver the knockout blow. True Fr DB Brandon Freund came up huge on ND’s first play and would pick off a middle slant and return it to the ND 20. GT would go ahead in for the TD to cut the lead to 7 at the half.

The second half was a back and forth with GT taking lead only to have ND come storming back. At the 6:52 mark in the 4th ND would go up 10 and things didn’t look good for GT. GT would put together a nice drive to pull within 3 and then force a punt after one ND first down. A long punt return would set up GT nicely with about 4 mins to go on ND’s 40. GT would not be able to mount much on O and had to settle for a FG and the tie hoping to go into OT.

On the Kickoff GT would tackle the returner behind the 20 and ND would be called for holding. Backed up to the 10 ND would try play action, but get sacked on the 2yd line. Next play would be a dive in the line and a loss of 1. GT called its final TO with ND 3rd and long coming out in 23 personal with under 40secs. ND would give the ball to Walker and he would break three tackles manage and to get outside and run for the first down before he was taken down. ND would go no huddle trying to get in FG and move the ball out the ball out to the 25. On ND’s very next play GT FS would step in front of the pass and return it for the pick 6.

Thinking they have just won in dramatic fashion GT did not see the flag on the field. GT would be called for holding on the return an have the TD called back. So GT ran the FG team out and kicked the game winning FG after and icing attempt by ND. Great win for the Yellow Jackets.

Georgia Tech Players of Note:
    WR Robert Olsen 4rec 88yrds
    OLB Alex Mayfield 8tkls 1FF
    OLB Eric Rucker 6tkls 1sck

7. jello1717

Pfft. That's nothing.

#2 SMU 31
    #1 LSU 13

This was a rematch of last season's NCG and it was really ugly. SMU's QB was knocked all around as he was sacked a ridiculous 9 times on the day (that's 50% more sacks than any SMU QB has ever taken in any of the 155 games coached by coach Jello). He never had any time to pass the ball pretty much all day. SMU's offense was serviceable, but this game was never in question because LSU uses a fleXbox One attack, which the CPU simply is incapable of running in '13. I'm REALLY hoping that this changes in '14. LSU's lone TD came when SMU's #1 (possession) WR had a ball hit him squarely in the hands, bounce off of them, and into the hands of a DB who returned it 70 yards for a TD.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    KSU's Rushing Attack was unstoppable​
    #2 Kansas State - 56​
    Iowa State - 3​
    Once known as the Farmageddon Rivalry hasn't been close in years and coming into this game Coach Masler was immediately bored at seeing the Cyclones were D's across the board. Several players deep on the depth chart got a chance to play today. The first half saw Coleman pass very well, though it wasn't hard against a D Rated defense. It wasn't a surprise that the rushing attack would tally 6 touchdowns with four different ball carriers scoring on the day. Highly anticipated FR HB Andre Hawk was brought in for the fourth quarter and was quite impressive. The defense was also stifling as they forced several fumbles, incompletions and chaos all over for ISU. Oh and check out Reggie Nelson's TD run on The Wire, crazy how bad the Cyclones were that he was able to shake off three potential sacks and then plow his way into the endzone. I wanted this game for the Rivalry but there isn't one left. There was bad news as Webb cracked a few ribs and will be out for at least 9 weeks. ​
    Stats​
    T. Coleman - 12/16, 257 yards, 2 TD​
    R. Nelson - 1/1, 46 yards, 1 Att, 15 yards, 1 TD​
    T. Webb - 8 Att, 93 yards, 11.6 ypc, 1 TD​
    A. Hawk - 11 Att, 68 yards, 6.2 ypc, 2 TD​
    C. Frederick - 12 Att, 66 yards, 5.5 ypc, 2 TD​
    E. Anderson - 4 Rec, 174 yards, 2 TD​
    B. Rogers - 7 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 FF​

9. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    28 - 25
    ZZZ.PNG
    Tigers vs. Tigers comes down to the Wire

With Clemson holding a 28-3 lead midway through the 3rd quarter and controlling the game, coach Fmode started to explore some of the option plays in the playbook. Unfortunately, this LSU team was just too talented to keep fooling and it came to an end when LSU SS picked off the option pitch from QB Smith and went 54 yards for a touchdown. Of course at this point the CPU decided they were going to make this a game and give all the breaks to LSU. After a feverish rally by LSU, Clemson was able to put a few first down together at the end of the game after a failed on-side kick and escape with the win. The Tigers are 2-0 and head into a user match-up next week against Baylor @bill flo.

Player of the Game:
    Clemson RB Roderick Robertson
    Rushing: 34 att 186 yds

Honorable Mention:
    Clemson QB Sam Smith
    Passing: 13/18 218 yds 3 TD

10. jello1717

Ahhh. Typical FNG, huh blLL flo?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

People will difficult usernames to tag should be required to change them :bag:

12. jello1717

The ones that really drive me nuts are the ones whose TSO names are completely different than their XBL names.

Who's this thefireman guy? Oh wait. That's iBleedOrange247. Todd Ramsey? Oh that's Coachmedicis (I think. I honestly don't remember). (EDIT: Now that I think about it I think coachmedicis was something else entirely and I think Todd Ramsey is @navyhog, but again I'm still not even sure).

Thefans? Oh yeah. That's Darkwing.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  13. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Ill be changing the when I get Xbox One, just don't want to deal with changing it

14. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

I am cstatecash3 on XBOX live - I should have probably switched my name when I registered.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    The sack that ended this wild game​
    #2 Kansas State - 44​
    #12 Virginia - 38​
    Triple OT​
    From the beginning this game was close, neither team got much of advantage. Nor did either hold the lead for very long, maybe a couple of minutes at a time. Kansas State would go into halftime up 17-10 and would even force the games first turnover after the half to potentially gain their first real advantage but Coleman would throw it right back to the defense a couple of plays later, eventually allowing UVA to tie the game yet again. For UVA it felt like catchup, then KSU had a chance to win it all. They drained the clock on their final drive with 2:30 remaining and ran the ball all the way to the 2 yard line and let the clock slowly tick down to 2 seconds remaining before calling a timeout. Of course the Cavs would call a timeout and iced my kicker which, unfortunately, worked in their favor as he shanked it the worst I've ever seen (I had the meter pointing to the right so it would cleanly split the uprights and he shanked it about 10 yards left of the goal post). So we entered OT on offense first. Coleman struck Anderson for the TD but on 4th down the Cavs would convert and score the next play to force a second OT. Both team wasted no time in the 2nd OT, forcing a third. With KSU on offense it almost surely meant failing the 2 point was death in this game. Frederick would score on a 4 yard run but Coleman missed the receiver by inches and gave KSU only a 6 point lead. Our defense played lights out on their final stand though, sacking Paul Dawson on 4th down to end the game, much to the crowds disappointment. ​
    Stats. ​
    T. Coleman - 17/21, 205 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT​
    R. Nelson - 3/6, 54 yards, 1 TD, 3 Att, 34 yards, 11.3 ypc​
    C. Frederick - 29 Att, 196 yards, 6.7 ypc, 2 TD​
    N. Bostic - 6 Att, 43 yards, 7.1 ypc​
    J. Williams - 5 Rec, 102 yards, 2 TD​
    E. Anderson - 6 Rec, 66 yards, 1 TD​
    C. Wright - 5 Rec, 62 yards, 1 TD​
    A. Meeks - 3 Tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack, FF​
    O. Richarson - 6 Tackles, 1 TFL​

16. jello1717

SMU 51
    FSU 14

This game was an ugly affair played in a down pour at the Doak as the teams combined for 5 turnovers and 6 fumbles (4 lost). JR OLB Aaron Garrett won POTG as he flaunted his 97 hit power rating with a 3 FF day. To top it off, all 3 of these FFs were recovered by his teammates, 1 of which was returned for a TD by DT Curtis Martin.

2023 Garrett FF.jpg
    Few people in the country can lay the wood like Garrett​

Game Balls:
    OLB Aaron Garrett - 8 tkls, 3 TFL, Sk, 3 FF
    QB Danny Hunter - 183.3, 12/24 (50%), 287 yds, 3 TD, INT
    HB#5 Morgan McGee - 6 car, 70 yds (11.6 YPC)
    WR Alex Walton - 4 rec, 161 yds, 2 TD
    MLB George Smith - 7 tkls, 3 TFL, 2 Sks, FR

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  17. jello1717

SMU 45
    Syracuse 23

SMU was extremely sloppy with 4 TOs (including a tipped INT thrown by WR Jeremy Weddle on an ill-advised wildcat trick play) but their D was pretty solid. SMU still hasn't been able to run the ball like they need to, but their passing game has continued to work well as a substitute until coach Jello can get the rushing cogs turning. JR WR Alex Walton was once again the go to guy with a big game and earned his 3rd POTG honor in 4 games.

Triple option pass run to perfection​

Game Balls:
    QB Danny Hunter - 209.5, 22/27 (81%), 302 yds, 4 TD, 2 INT
    HB#2 Jesse Jones - 10 car, 62 yds (6.2 YPC), TD
    WR Alex Walton - 8 rec, 139 yds, 2 TD
    MLB George Smith - 9 tkls, 4 TFL, 2 Sks
    DE Charles Moore - 4 tkls, 3 TFL, 3 Sks

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    LB Rogers took a fumble back for the opening score​
    #2 KSU - 46​
    #18 LSU - 33​
    This was a wild game as our defense decided not to show up most of the game. They started off nice with a FR-TD and sealed the win on an INT but otherwise it felt like we could not get the Tigers off the field at all. Coleman was pretty good in the passing game while the rushing game was all over, accumulating three TD's. Two KSU receivers had over 100 yards receiving and a TD a piece. Nothing else major to report except the hurry up was tiring out my defense pretty good. ​
    Stats. ​
    T. Coleman - 16/29, 363 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT​
    C. Frederick - 22 Att, 180 yards, 8.2 ypc​
    A. Hawk - 4 Att, 42 yards, 10.5 ypc, 1 TD​
    N. Bostic - 2 Att, 11 yards, 5.5 ypc, 1 TD​
    J. Summers - 2 Att, 6 yards, 3.0 ypc, 1 TD​
    E. Anderson - 7 Rec, 180 yards, 1 TD​
    C. Wright - 4 Rec, 126 yards, 1 TD​
    B. Rogers - 7 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 FR-TD​
    R. Washington - 3 Tackles, 1 INT​

19. jello1717

Wait'll you face my Illini in '14! The 1st thing my OC will specialize in is up tempo so my guys will have more stamina!

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Fight fire with fire

21. jello1717

If you wanna keep yourself from getting better block shedding or something else for your D that they can use every game so that you can last longer in the few games you play against no huddle teams, that's fine with me. (y)

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

You're right. My power backs will keep my offense on the field long enough that my defense won't need to worry about getting a little winded.

23. jello1717

I agree. Your D wouldn't get very tired when I'm scoring every 5 plays anyway.

24. jello1717

Heya iBleedOrange247,

[​IMG]

See what happens when you call me a douche? You lose to freaking Oklahoma State!!!!!

The football gods don't like their favorite son being disrespected so they got vengeance for me.

• Like Like x 1
  25. jello1717

SMU 31
    TCU 3

TCU's QB is the scramblingest little bitch that I've ever played. On the day he had 32 pass attempts (IE. plays where he actually sat in the pocket long enough to release the ball). He had 23 fucking carries. Of those, 1 was a designed run. The other 22 were ALL scrambles! 41% of the time he dropped back, he tucked and ran. On half of those he didn't even make it back to the LOS and was sacked. On 2 of those scrambles he fumbled the ball (losing 1 on his longest run of the day). All of my highlights on the wire were just from the 1st half........

You can tell by their score (I'm soooo pissed I gave up that FG) his scrambling ways weren't working so their coach should've screamed at him to keep his pussy ass in the pocket.

Game Balls:
    HB#1 Kevin Berg - 7 car, 59 yds (8.4 YPC)
    HB#2 Jesse Jones - 6 car, 41 yds (6.8 YPC), 2 TD
    MLB George Smith - 11 tkls, 3 TFL, 1.5 Sks
    CB Michael McMahan - 7 tkls, 1 TFL, 0.5 Sks, 3 Defl
    DT Trevor Simpson - 6 tkls, 4 TFL, 2.5 Sks

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013